Author Topic: For the BCBG family  (Read 3309 times)

BrazzaBoy on: March 06, 2018, 01:15

• View Profile
Ndekos. Do you guys think that perhaps JB should have went solo-solo instead of going solo-leader of bcbg. I was just watching a live video someone posted on here today of one of his recent live performances and couldnt help thinking how much i think this guy deserves to win as well. While watching it seemed as though JB is a much better singer than bandleader. I could be wrong but it seems as if Maison Mere was bigger than BCBG during the 98-02 period but at the same time I feel that JB Mpiana was bigger than Werrason during that same time. If Im correct wouldnt that mean that JB should have been the first solo artist without a band and that maybe he would have been more succesful. I could see that guy having a career as big as Papa Wemba who I feel didnt always need Viva La Musica.

BR #1 on: March 06, 2018, 07:08

• View Profile
Jb will always be ahead of werra when you compare the two as musicians the problem is when you campare bcbg and wmmm.

ZamundaPrince #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:40

• View Profile
Jb will always be ahead of werra when you compare the two as musicians the problem is when you campare bcbg and wmmm.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Ahead of Werra as demonstrated by what?

EMOVICTEAM #3 on: March 06, 2018, 13:12

• View Profile

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Ahead of Werra as demonstrated by what?
Ashk them.....

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #4 on: March 06, 2018, 13:38

• View Profile
JB is a good singer and that is where it all ends...........Werrason couldn't sing to save his life but compensates for it in abundance by being an excellent musician. I mean that it is a mystery that we talk of JB & Werra in the same sentance......it is remarkable what he has done.

To me Werra is the complete and all round musician. He demonstrated his ability to play all instruments like Koffi Olomide........he has a good ear for good singers........ he is very creative and innovative.........he keeps things fresh and changes personnel just like the top football teams in the world. Werra is never short of excitement just like Koffi Olomide.

I could never say the same of JB.......he is the most talented but very frustrating musician. I will go as far as saying that if he applied himself half as much as Werrason does, he could have easily conquered Africa & beyond.......his bizzare loyalty to the geriatrics in the band is as shocking as it is ruinous to his band.

archos #5 on: March 06, 2018, 14:28

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
exactly jb is the most talented as singer but his human side is too involved in his career either with his loss of motivation or his excess of loyalty lol strange to say but the guy is too loyal even at house level 90 per cent of employees have been around for 30 years almost
you gotta be gossiped hard on or do something which really pissed him off to be sidelined
while nsone is ruthless(sometimes too much) his group,his reputation of being a " star maker"will always go above any musician's opinion of destiny in the group or whatever and like you say nsone is a complete artist nsone became a singer after being on drums,mbonda,piano at church,bass and rythm while jb had always been limited to singing role,notice how funnily enough those who some people see as the worst singer of clan wenge( nsone and adolphe) are by far the best in quick poaching of talents
which is why wenge was a perfect puzzle,each of them had their assets and their limits and they completemented each other
even in the way their group is ruled,their group were at their best or close when werra had a mini jb to complement,and jb a guy who did werra's role