Author Topic: THIS KINAME CHALLENGE IS GETTING ON MY NERVES  (Read 6544 times)

CM PRINCE on: January 10, 2017, 19:59

• View Profile
Is anyone else getting annoyed with fally constantly sharing people singing or dancing to kiname and trying to make it go viral the song ain't even that good

Matebu #1 on: January 10, 2017, 20:21

• View Profile
Indeed, I unfollowed Fally some time ago because of this. koffi did it with Selfie, but I think Fally outdid him by far with this whole #kinamechallenge

He's forcing it because he got a popular artist like Booba to feature. Booba himself hasn't talked or promoted the song since it came out. His focus is on people in his own group 92i - like french female rapper  Shayizi, who is also Congolese

These guys are seeking viral hits instead of solid albums and that's quite unfortunate. If only Fally could stop being star struck all the time and realize he himself is a big celebrity with his own big fanbase - who like authentic Congolese music
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 20:25 by Matebu »

JV “Lone Ranger” #2 on: January 10, 2017, 22:08

• View Profile
Lol I actually forgot that song was released only last month....ezo yokana te. The song it's actually good but viral wise it's a big floop...I'm sure he expected big thing with this song but oh well

Jdog #3 on: January 10, 2017, 23:06

• View Profile
Yeah I've been tired  with his promotion of a song that isn't that good.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Toolz #4 on: January 10, 2017, 23:33

• View Profile
I sincerely do not seem to know his issue with this his 'attache ' personality.  You are a celebrity too, enjoy your world and dont live in another person's shadow.
I don't like the song so also the Kiname challenge.

N.B: Please, I need someone who can teach me Lingala.  It is taking forever for me to learn all by myself with no one to speak it to/with. Thanks.

Seben_Maniac #5 on: January 11, 2017, 00:40

• View Profile
Same here. I though I was the only one. Annoying song.

Mwana Nsalu #6 on: January 11, 2017, 01:20

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique

CM PRINCE #7 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10

• View Profile
The thing is he just won't stop doing it he's only stopped on snapchat but instagram its everyday and its irritating the song gets on my nerves cause of it

jeantwatwa #8 on: January 11, 2017, 07:25

• View Profile
I skip whenever I see this on Instagram, it is cringeworthy and cheap ! , I somehow feel artists are forgetting the Congolese roots of the music and they are out of touch with the real social issues in Kinshasa. I remember times when artists where as important as politicians in Zaire...

SoukousFan #9 on: January 12, 2017, 19:12

• View Profile
I think fally is trying this Papa Wemba global thing... Me thinks so

archos #10 on: January 12, 2017, 20:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 guys fally just signed to warner music and its them who picked that feat so i guess he has to ensure it goes viral to repay their faith and never made it secret that he was on two albums at the same time and like i said it seems except his hardcore fans most people are not ready to see him doing such music,because they only expect his rumba album and he has not release rumba since 4 years
but he is working very very seriously on the rumba album aswell,he went back to the experienced writers this time and is using again some of those experienced session artists in paris
i think he knows  he has a point to prove even without having to with many of the artists of his generation or the generation behind who turned him as their rival  and like i stated years ago he'll be splashing the records of money given to buy several songs so he surely takes even more time because he has no right not to deliver huge hits with such  money

SYMPLICITY #11 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05

• View Profile
guys fally just signed to warner music and its them who picked that feat so i guess he has to ensure it goes viral to repay their faith and never made it secret that he was on two albums at the same time and like i said it seems except his hardcore fans most people are not ready to see him doing such music,because they only expect his rumba album and he has not release rumba since 4 years
but he is working very very seriously on the rumba album aswell,he went back to the experienced writers this time and is using again some of those experienced session artists in paris
i think he knows  he has a point to prove even without having to with many of the artists of his generation or the generation behind who turned him as their rival  and like i stated years ago he'll be splashing the records of money given to buy several songs so he surely takes even more time because he has no right not to deliver huge hits with such  money

@Archos, with all due respect, the thread was not about the song itself as you well know that the overwhelming opinion here is that it was poor. What the thread had beef with was the annoying attempts to make it viral which is not working either. That Rhumba album is not out and so we cant use it to judge him. His latest offering is Kiname and it is not working for now. Fally is a huge artist with a million followers including myself but he is not an angel. Every time anything critical appears here about Fally like his pathetic groupie act with R.Kelly et al , you are always quick to defend him even when it is not necessary or deserved. But in a democratic world you reserve the right. I just though I would voice my thoughts and make the point.

Jdog #12 on: January 13, 2017, 05:37

• View Profile
I taught it was Universal that he was signed to, and it was rhumba and sebene that got Fally noticed and then they saw Fally can do songs like French Kiss and Sweet Life. Even though I don't like Kiname I'm happy that it has become a hit, I want Fally and Congolese music to get bigger (whether through crossover songs or through rhumba and sebene). And Fally doesn't have to prove a point to anybody because he has done big things in his solo career already. The onlt thing I hope for is for Fally to do a better album because to me Power didn't have many good rhumbas like his previous albums, so hopefully with those $90,000 a song donations you said he got he will do even better since he got a big advance for his album. 
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa