Author Topic: BOURO MPELA REVEALS WHY HE LEFT ACADEMIA  (Read 5779 times)

archos on: December 09, 2017, 13:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

He says he was strongly against the idea of most of the academia founders to go to kin and turn the band into a band organized like the bcbg,maison mere and co with almost 30 musicians(nowadays 30 is the number of singers only) and he confronted them directly and told them he'll leave  if  they maintain that idea and their label was also against because the label was taking care of them,got them longterm papers,houses,salary and so on and they were already saying that doing that on monthly basis to 7 people is already not easy and with that formula they wanted to adopt it would be much worse and bouro adds that they left koffi to earn more money how would they earn more if they had to split money into 26 27 to satisfy everybody
and he was right to leave as the group ended up in complete meltdown as it soon became ego war with people around each of them telling them you the boss and it went to extent that somono was running after sam and modogo in streets dressed like a traditional chief and singing stuff to curse them,but now they have grown and they are family again
so he left and was approached to rejoin quartier latin which he did  and he confirms that  koffi used to make them stand  before europe trips then he'd touch the head of those he wants to pick  and when they went to do ultimatum he did not pick late babia chokoro and babia was so disappointed that he drank sae 90 engine oil and ended up at hospital
 he says his  integration in quartier latin  was easy because he already arrived having experience singing in private with most wenge musica members but especially jb since he was living with jb since he was 13 or so and didier masela  predicted he'd be a star one day and he also had the golden tchatcho experience with the likes of flamme kapaya,celeo,jordan and his brother zakoko and co ...so he could adapt quickly and he was surrounded by very talented guys who made things easy
he is asked about  his vocal  in the song rond point which was destined to attack nioka longo and zaiko and he said as employees they were asked to add vocals on a context of conflict but he does not know whether it was an attack  or an answer but he adds he did that because a bit of beef in songs has always existed but he clearly refused to be associated to dissing in interviews which is why he did not participate in that famous beef with bcbg,because he knows it can ruin your reputation and as a normal human being it would be unfair from him to attack jb who  he spent that much time with and he told his cousin seguin that he did wrong to  participate in that beef and he says he does not like beefs for him what matters is doing good music and dancing well
and he reveals that he would not mind joining any group for 6 months or whatever as long as there is a clear project,he could not care less about being a leader with all the ego it has all he wants is to produce good music and he will release his album bokoko in january if all goes well

Ken Bilele #1 on: December 09, 2017, 15:15

• View Profile
I know he's waiting to rejoin his dark father again after nothing goes well again.

CM PRINCE #2 on: December 09, 2017, 16:22

• View Profile
I've always thought it was stupid idea for academia turning into a Kinshasa group and over recruiting if you really think about it back then in that period when leaders recruited more musicians the group always collapsed or the other founders or co leaders ended up leaving due to wanting to show authority to the regular musicians like bcbg with bula, makaba, aimelia, maison mere with masela, Adolphe, Christian mabanga in such a short period of time
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 17:04 by CM PRINCE »

mvulusi96 #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:15

hahahah bouro killed me with the story the way kerozene was dressed when he came for the test to join quartier latinand the way modogo challegend Sam to fight with Sam reacting "yo oyebi nga" hahahahaa. Something which I didn't  expect from Modogo, because he's very chill. Wow Babia was very desperate to not be selected for that Ultimatum-tour. In another interview 4 years ago Bouro said then that Babia wanted to attack him with a broken beer-bottle.

After watching all those interviews of ex'Academia members the last 10 years , I think that Bouro is the one only who's telling the truth about that story of recruiting more musicians. Because the others were also claiming that they were against that idea and were then pointing fingers to eachother, but they never mentioned Bouro's name in that idea. It was always Sam or Somono fault. I think that Bouro Mpela was on the right way in his career, but he made a big mistake to rejoin Quartier Latin in 2006 as Ferre's replacer. While they had to promote Mortel Combat with his brother Alain Mpela. I remember how angry Bouro's parents were against Koffi and Bouro and that they cursed him. Because it was a big treason from Bouro's part.

There is no split band in Congo who survived longer than 2 years. They always split because of leadership-issues. While bands like Zaiko Langa Langa & Wenge Musica 4x4 survived longer because they weren't known in the beginning and were because of that looking a way to break trough on the Congolese music-scene with those leadership-issue coming 10 years later, when they were known and when they had the potential to competing personally with big names of Congo.

archos #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:06

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 I think sam was the most influenced,people were telling him look at your friends jb and werra(he studied with both) they got rid of the "danger" they had around and have made a clear statement of authority now they are bossing the game why do you waste time with them'at that time there was already pitshou concorde ready in case lebou is kicked out,modogo could have remained as he respected sam as his older brother from mbinza;they had recruited in kin attaquant de pointe with a similar style to somono...)

SoukousFan #5 on: December 10, 2017, 14:02

• View Profile
This seems more plausable/believable .... At the rate bokoko is going to be finally released to the public.... Is the problem of releasing bokoko a Sponsor/donor problem?

Franco Pepe Kalle #6 on: December 10, 2017, 19:35

• View Profile
I hope that we can hear his new album Bokoko. If we get it, let's see how it goes.

CM PRINCE #7 on: December 18, 2017, 15:45

• View Profile
I believe bouro's version even here at this concert in kin he's not on stage when that other guy enters with Sam and Modogo and when he's singing with them

mvulusi96 #8 on: December 19, 2017, 00:16

I believe bouro's version even here at this concert in kin he's not on stage when that other guy enters with Sam and Modogo and when he's singing with them

That was the first concert of Academia in Kinshasa. Yeah Bouro showed very late up, which forced Sam & Modogo to start the concert with Abel Benz (son of Bozi), who they recruited in Europe. I think that it was a way to protest against them. To let them see that he was not happy that they recruited 16 musicians and those female dancers. But they misunderstood him and taught that Bouro wanted to start a leadership-war. Espacially Sam, who who still thinks that Papa Wemba intoxacted Bouro Mpela with bad idea's during  their flight to Kinshasa. Because he had a bad experience with Wemba. He was not happy the way Papa Wemba taunt him in front of all Academia-members in Paris, when they visited him at home to get advice. Saying that Sam should not be selfish, despite being appointed as  their president. Which made Sam leaving Wemba's house very angry. Bouro departure was unexcepted. I remember Academia performing at a packed concert-hall with all those new recuited musicians in Paris with people also waiting for Bouro to be also there and then being surprised to not see him.

CM PRINCE #9 on: December 19, 2017, 01:30

• View Profile
Yeah I've always said bouro's early departure affected things long term they should have taken his advice stick with the original team build a strong reputation then recruit and was mustapha recruited in Europe or kin? What made him leave QL for academia cause that was honestly a stupid decision

mvulusi96 #10 on: December 19, 2017, 09:04

Mustapha stayed in Europe after having sung for Quartier Latin. Like many musicians he didn't want fo do those jobs. So he joined Academia when they came to back to Europe. He joined Academia along with bass-player Clovis Silawuka Nguma, who also stayed in Europe after Quartier Latin's tour in Europe. I guess that Pathy Bass & Clovis departures made Koffi take the decision to not take reserve bass-players anymore to Europe.

In my opinion it was a good decision from Bouro to return to Quartier Latin. Because look at how Modogo, Sam, Mboshi, etc. were finished. Some rejoined Quartier Latin in 2005, but hadn't the same power like in 1999. Bouro still had it, when he rejoined Quartier Latin. He just made the mistake to return to Quartier Latin again, as Ferre's replacer. I wonder how his career would he didn't leave Quartier Latin before Monde Arabe.

masatomo #11 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18

• View Profile
Mustapha stayed in Europe after having sung for Quartier Latin. Like many musicians he didn't want fo do those jobs. So he joined Academia when they came to back to Europe. He joined Academia along with bass-player Clovis Silawuka Nguma, who also stayed in Europe after Quartier Latin's tour in Europe. I guess that Pathy Bass & Clovis departures made Koffi take the decision to not take reserve bass-players anymore to Europe.

In my opinion it was a good decision from Bouro to return to Quartier Latin. Because look at how Modogo, Sam, Mboshi, etc. were finished. Some rejoined Quartier Latin in 2005, but hadn't the same power like in 1999. Bouro still had it, when he rejoined Quartier Latin. He just made the mistake to return to Quartier Latin again, as Ferre's replacer. I wonder how his career would he didn't leave Quartier Latin before Monde Arabe.

What made him leave Quartier Latin in 2004 ? Did he left during their 2004 european tour ?

mvulusi96 #12 on: December 19, 2017, 11:07

What made him leave Quartier Latin in 2004 ? Did he left during their 2004 european tour ?

Yes after the second zenith of 2003 (27th dec), he played some concerts with and then left. Rumours said that Fally snitched to Koffi that Bouro had a secret relationship with Patience Ibembo.