Author Topic: Archive; Wenge BCBG's return in Kinshasa after the Europe-tour (1998)  (Read 2534 times)

mvulusi96 on: January 12, 2018, 04:58

Wenge BCBG live in Palais du Peuple, after their return from the Euro-America tour.

mvulusi96 #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32

Surprised to see Alain Makaba. I didn't knew that he returned with them. I tought that he returned after the release of Titanic for some weeks and critisize JB Mpiana then at that moment for having a reserve-band (Rio, Chai, Kibens, Heritier & Bidjana).

From 46:23 min is that Monica Celeste (R.I.P.) dancing ? Who is that other female dancer ? Were they both recruited before the tour in Europe or after or were they already dancing in Wenge 4x4 ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 14:56 by mvulusi96 »

CM PRINCE #2 on: January 12, 2018, 14:20

• View Profile
Ahhh bcbg mawa, this team really didn't last long enough thanks to jb's ego... to be honest it would have been best for makaba to have stayed in kin rather then Europe he was all over the place it would have been hard for jb to get rid of him

archos #3 on: January 12, 2018, 14:46

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 Yes makaba messed up by liking europe too much, you know lets be honest the only positive of makaba's extended stays in europe is that it allowed us to discover ya fifi,burkina faso and japonais, so it was bloody easy  to send alain mpela to explain him that since he is late at concert he'll only play at the end
the real makaba would have mboka and ficarre switching on mi-solo or sometimes allow them a song here and there
yes monica was recruited before split caludji brought her in, jb and werra only managed to keep their team together once it was full of guys eager to prove themselves while bcbg minus seguin were guys who were starting to get into some serious ambitions and demand as they had tasted how music can bring money

mvulusi96 #4 on: January 12, 2018, 14:54

Ahhh bcbg mawa, this team really didn't last long enough thanks to jb's ego... to be honest it would have been best for makaba to have stayed in kin rather then Europe he was all over the place it would have been hard for jb to get rid of him

No I don't think so. JB woukd use the 12 technic to get him out the band. Like they did to Ricoco in the past in Wenge 4x and later to Aimelia Lias during the '99 Europe-tour.. Blaise Bula who was the number two of BCBG was easily kicked out. Don't forget when things were starting to get bad, when they went to Canada. With JB Mpiana getting in conflict with Blaise Bula & Alain Makaba. Because he decided to make Alain Mpela suddenly chef d'Orchestre. I guess that he made already at that a plan on that moment to create chaos in the band, in order to getslowly rid of Blaise Bula & Alain Makaba in Kinshasa and  it worked. Alain Makaba went angry back to Europe, waiting then the Zenith-show, Blaise Bula got suspended (fired), after the New Year-eve show in Abidjan and later being left alone in the hospital. I remember Aimelia saying that Makaba was starting to get angry, because they made Wenge BCBG togther. But they staeted to write  everywhere JB Mpiana & Wenge BCBG, after their return in Kinshasa.