Author Topic: HMM, A USA RAPPER BREAKS DOWN HOW MUCH ARTISTS MAKE FOR A MILLION STREAMS  (Read 5287 times)

Matebu on: January 16, 2018, 15:13

• View Profile
I’m shocked it’s this low... this means lots of African artists are making peanuts. Well if they’re even making anything, with all the dead production houses that came back to make streaming money. Now I really see why concerts and tours are vital

There have been responses saying that the YT amount is closer to $1000 (more if you have ad sponsors). People are also asking for his sources. He’s a popular rapper, so I’m pretty sure he’s accurate.

And the joke is Tidal pays much more because nobody has it past the free trial. 

MwanaMokili #1 on: January 16, 2018, 17:28

• View Profile
I’m shocked it’s this low... this means lots of African artists are making peanuts. Well if they’re even making anything, with all the dead production houses that came back to make streaming money. Now I really see why concerts and tours are vital

You are right Matebu.

For a musician, the only profitable revenue stream is live shows. At least with that the musician can get to negotiate a rate for appearance, get paid a serious deposit to mobilise and a  balance after the show.

With the current ease of pirating and casual copying of music, I am surprised if artists are depending on these revenue streams. Unless a song goes very seriously viral ( talking millions of views) there is not much to be made especially a group like the typical African group which has  a very large number of musicians and splitting the revenue makes it even worse.

Hence why the lack of shows in Europe has taken a serious toll on the groups.

Manzambi94 #2 on: January 16, 2018, 18:22

• View Profile
Luke Ty Folla $ign would say B****!!!
For real artist make that little on streams????????? Naaah I can understand for YouTube but not for the Spotify thing stop fooling me Nipsy :'( how can I become a rich singer if a million streams is that little?

Matebu #3 on: January 16, 2018, 18:31

• View Profile
Luke Ty Folla $ign would say B****!!!
For real artist make that little on streams????????? Naaah I can understand for YouTube but not for the Spotify thing stop fooling me Nipsy :'( how can I become a rich singer if a million streams is that little?

Yeah man, it’s tough for those just starting out or non-superstars. It’s like you have to go viral by force. Some people thought he was making up numbers, but they are mostly accurate.

This is partly why rappers are trying to get out of the “360” deals where big record labels are the middle man (€) for everything

JV “Lone Ranger” #4 on: January 16, 2018, 18:34

• View Profile

There have been responses saying that the YT amount is closer to $1000 (more if you have ad sponsors). People are also asking for his sources. He’s a popular rapper, so I’m pretty sure he’s accurate.

A congolese artist in a group will see this and say hold on, I barely see 50$ or see regular salary and have to beg and follow someone around after concerts and bother them for mabanga money but I can make 690$ on YouTube alone for one song eh....next week “ah bana kin nazo sala album...nalongwe na group po eza temp na nga”.lol
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 18:44 by JV »

Tata Nkiadi #5 on: January 16, 2018, 23:50

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
“ah bana kin nazo sala album...nalongwe na group po eza temp na nga”.lol

LMFAO!!!

Manzambi94 #6 on: January 17, 2018, 00:25

• View Profile

A congolese artist in a group will see this and say hold on, I barely see 50$ or see regular salary and have to beg and follow someone around after concerts and bother them for mabanga money but I can make 690$ on YouTube alone for one song eh....next week “ah bana kin nazo sala album...nalongwe na group po eza temp na nga”.lol
"Bana Kin, Bana Poto bana itasny (ye with this grammar) Ostrali, Belgio albom na bink ezo ya, bako sentir biloko tozo lambela bino tango tokobwaka ango sue le marshe yeeeeeee ekobeba"
Then sings something overly sexual or stupid like
"Cherie Yaka Simba micro" or "Mitu Mitu Mitu Mitu ya libel... Ha libonza yoyoyoyoyoyo" but ne will fail 90% of the time

CM PRINCE #7 on: January 17, 2018, 01:20

• View Profile

Kiekiekie JV  ;D ;D ;D accurate as hell

JV “Lone Ranger” #8 on: January 17, 2018, 07:05

• View Profile
Kiekiekie we have the most predictable artists in Congo......bana kin kala te album nabino ezo bima, nimero nabiso eza 00243 ;D