Author Topic: Five Older songs that Koffi Olomide should have remixed  (Read 3050 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: April 05, 2020, 21:39

• View Profile
I have found some older Koffi songs that I wondered if they should have been remixed. I have found five songs of his that should have been remixed into QL albums that Koffi made. I will also tell which album that those songs would have fitted.

Here ist is.

First song is called Henritie. This song where Kester Emeneya sounds wonderful with Koffi Olomide. Koffi really sings higher than he should have.
What album that should have been remixed: Droit de Veto, because when I hear this song, it gives the sunny sound and potential sound for a rock sound from Beniko. Also, it could have been a solid uptempo rumba with the vocals of Modogo, Bouro Mpela and Sam Tshintu

It comes the nice trio that have the harmonies of Kester Emeneya, Koffi Olomide and Papa Wemba where Wemba sounded really nice. However, I feel especially with issues with Papa Wemba, Koffi could have remixed this song with his band Quartier Latin.
What album that should have been remixed: V12, because I could see Babia (r.i.p) really putting his own twist into this song and the harmonies would have been good with him, Koffi and Suzuki since Suzuki would able to put his own baritone sound.

This song has a nice sweet meldoy with the guitars. Josky and Koffi were on top with their harmonies. This song would have the Tcha-Tcho effect if it was remixed.
What album that should have been remixed: Ultimatum, because I could see the choir harmony of Suzuki, Bouro Mpela and Modogo since he will have the bass effect that would be nice to have in this song. Also, I could see how the guitar would respond well with Somono and Mboshi as their animations would be on fire.

I love this song so much. The harmonies between Koffi Olomide and Josky and Koffi's solo vocals were on top. I amazed how great the songs were. All Koffi fans need to hear this song. It shows his great vocal sound and how he delivered this song.
We saw a little live performance with Josky and Madilu here. It was excellent

Koffi should have definitively remixed this song
What album that should have been remixed: Loi, because it could bring the sound that this album had. Also, here Koffi could have done a duet with Sam Tshintu with Koffi singing Josky's tone while Sam would have sung Koffi's tone. This song would have been perfect for a Koffi-Sam duoship. Motomolo was very good but this remix song would have shown more of Koffi and Sam only.

This song is called Kiki Ewing. Now this song is the bang. Hear the choir ship of Carlyto, Debaba and Defao. Koffi did a great job singing. He should have remixed from 3:45 when the trio did their famous line.
What album that should have been remixed: Force de Frappe, because I could definitively see a choir trioship of Fally Ipupa, Jordan Kusa and Mamale Tupac because I think they would have been perfect together to do the choir work while Koffi would sing a little more relaxed and posed. Also CNN would have done this song more justice with his fiesty voice.

Congolitude #1 on: April 05, 2020, 23:52

• View Profile
Like Franco Pepe Kalle said on the description of the video Bokilo tosuka wapi, i'm wondering how Koffi got Wemba and Kester together to record this song because from 1982 Emeneya did his own band Victoria Eleison ?? By the way, someone can traduce me the expression "Ekwe Mutu, Ekwe Ebende" please ?

I think Bokilo to suki wapi could have been in Pas de faux pas instead of V12 because the sound match so much with the sound of the album Pas de faux Pas.

For Ngobila, Koffi did at least three versions of this song but the version below is very underrated and yet sometimes I have the impression that this version is more beautiful than the known version with Josky. For me, Koffi should have remixed Ngobila (with Josky) by a version with Josky and Madilu and played by Ok Jazz (of course with Lutumba at the solo guitar)

For Kiki Ewing, personally I think this song shouldn't be remixed because, even though we have a loooot of good singer and good chorus in Congo, this song is very unique and Fally Ipupa, Jordan Kusa and Mamale Tupac are good singer but the same harmony as Carlito, Debaba and Defao...

BercysFinest98 #2 on: April 06, 2020, 13:16

• View Profile
Actually for Bokilo To Suki Wapi, it was Bozi who sang instead of King Kester!

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 06, 2020, 15:03

• View Profile
I don’t think that he would have remixed Bokilo To Suka  Wapi? Because the song was attack to the father of his ex’wife Marianne Makosso, while in the late 80s they divorced.

BercysFinest98 #4 on: April 06, 2020, 17:56

• View Profile