Author Topic: SOME SONGS DESERVE A BIT MORE MINUTES THAN THEY ARE LOCATED  (Read 9588 times)

Cavalier Solitaire on: September 12, 2019, 00:32

• View Profile
Too good to play it for the hundredth time :D. Who helped "Mabele Ya Nkolo" compose this beauty of a song?

mvulusi96 #1 on: September 12, 2019, 02:14

That was because of the timing. A cd has a maximum of 80 minutes. Force de Frappe had 12 songs so they had to also some short songs. All rumba's in Force de Frappe weren't longer then 5 min (Eternellement, Dulcinee, Number Two and Aquarelle). The sebene songs weren't also really long just 6 minutes while sebene songs are mostly 7, 8 or even 9 minutes long. In Force de Frappe it were only Mea Culpa and Au Secours who were long being 7 minutes.

CM PRINCE #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06

• View Profile
If Depitcho and co didn’t leave ql at the time would it have been a 2 cd? Since Depitcho and Jf we’re destined to have songs on the album

Matebu #3 on: September 12, 2019, 03:47

• View Profile
If Depitcho and co didn’t leave ql at the time would it have been a 2 cd? Since Depitcho and Jf we’re destined to have songs on the album

A second disc for songs from faux chanteur and faux chanteur extraordinaire?

CM PRINCE #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:56

• View Profile

Depitcho is not that bad of a singer

Matebu #5 on: September 12, 2019, 04:06

• View Profile

Depitcho is not that bad of a singer

I’m exaggerating, but my point is album would’ve likely stayed 1 disc at that point (2000) with Koffi’s favorables be shuffled around to decide who got a song if they stayed. For example, Ridens and Passé Kosse may have not made the song cut (great songs from them though)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:10 by Matebu »

Wenge1995 #6 on: September 12, 2019, 06:10

• View Profile
What song do you think Savanet Depitcho would be given the most space on Force de Frappe if he stayed with QL after Switzerland concert of 2000?

I think his voice would fit quite well on the album, but it would be a shame to see Ridens or Passé Kosse get short changed to make space for Depitcho. His song would have to be generique cause him making a rhumba would be a complete embarrassment next to Eternellement or Dulcinée kiekiekie!

We can't even say anything about JF Ifonge, that guy was a excellent dancer and master faux chanter! If this doesn't prove that he's wack, then I'm not sure what will lmao

The only people from Bercy of 2000 that I wanted stay so badly in Quartier Latin was Mamale Tupac and Mustapha, I always knew Eric Tutsi was a placeholder for Babia and never had a real place in the group.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:21 by Wenge1995 »

Wenge1995 #7 on: September 12, 2019, 06:18

• View Profile
@CM PRINCE

I think people are quick to dismiss Depitcho because they judge him in relation to the people around him. Compared to the vocalist of pre-Academia (Bouro, Sam, Modogo, Babia, & Mamale) and post-Academia (Soleil, Fally, Mustapha, Babia, Eric), then of course he will fall in last place but he was not a terrible singer.

mvulusi96 #8 on: September 12, 2019, 07:40

What song do you think Savanet Depitcho would be given the most space on Force de Frappe if he stayed with QL after Switzerland concert of 2000?

I think his voice would fit quite well on the album, but it would be a shame to see Ridens or Passé Kosse get short changed to make space for Depitcho. His song would have to be generique cause him making a rhumba would be a complete embarrassment next to Eternellement or Dulcinée kiekiekie!

We can't even say anything about JF Ifonge, that guy was a excellent dancer and master faux chanter! If this doesn't prove that he's wack, then I'm not sure what will lmao

The only people from Bercy of 2000 that I wanted stay so badly in Quartier Latin was Mamale Tupac and Mustapha, I always knew Eric Tutsi was a placeholder for Babia and never had a real place in the group.

You mean a sebene-song ? Because a générique is a song with only animations (for example Loi, Force de Frappe, Operation Dragon, Heros National & Kipala Nzonzaku). I think that we had even made a topic about the difference of a générique and sebene song.

Depitcho would have  put one of those songs he released on his solo album Projecteur.

Jordan Kusa, Ridens Makosso & Gipson Butukondolo were so lucky. It wasn’t even planned that they would put songs in Force de Frappe. Those many departure during the tour made them get those opportunities.. Especially for Jordan Kusa. If he didn’t insist to Koffi to record that song, then they would have gave another musician the chance to a song on that album. Aquarelle was recorded very quickly and on the last days of the record-sessions. They rehearsed the song on the same day that they recorded it.

BercysFinest98 #9 on: September 12, 2019, 08:51

• View Profile

Looooooool! That had me thinking about the time where Bouro Mpela mocked his voice at an Academia rehearsal  ;D ;D ;D

24:08 mark! -->

Cavalier Solitaire #10 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03

• View Profile
Jordan Kusa, Ridens Makosso & Gipson Butukondolo were so lucky. It wasn’t even planned that they would put songs in Force de Frappe. Those many departure during the tour made them get those opportunities.. Especially for Jordan Kusa. If he didn’t insist to Koffi to record that song, then they would have gave another musician the chance to a song on that album. Aquarelle was recorded very quickly and on the last days of the record-sessions. They rehearsed the song on the same day that they recorded it.

So you mean this song would have completely missed out on the album or it would have  been credited to another person's slot? Why was Jordan Kusa never really given opportunities musically by Mopao?

SLK97 #11 on: September 12, 2019, 13:36

• View Profile

You mean a sebene-song ? Because a générique is a song with only animations (for example Loi, Force de Frappe, Operation Dragon, Heros National & Kipala Nzonzaku). I think that we had even made a topic about the difference of a générique and sebene song.

Depitcho would have  put one of those songs he released on his solo album Projecteur.

So what you're saying is that Koffi almost never considered putting Aquarelle on the final track list. And what made Ridens and Gipson convince Koffi to put their songs on the album?

mvulusi96 #12 on: September 12, 2019, 14:35

So you mean this song would have completely missed out on the album or it would have  been credited to another person's slot? Why was Jordan Kusa never really given opportunities musically by Mopao?

Yes, he also said it by himself during the interview he made with Ado Yuhe. If I remember well he said that he asked it throught Champion and then also adding that he said to Koffi that he came earlier then Fally in Quartier Latin, so he has a right to put a song on Force de Frappe and them starting quickly to rehearse the song and recording it the same day.

Koffi wasn't really convinced of him when he recruited among the 50 other singers. He started considering him when he discovered that Jordan was related to his wife Aliane. He missed the Attentat-trip seeing musicians like Lola Muana and other doing his vocals in South Africa. But he started to get more respect from Koffi when he started to insult JB Mpiana and Papa Wemba on tv like JF Ifonge during the tv-shows of Mbuyi Bwebwe and Thierry Pinzi. His hard work during rehearshals and him rehearse in private all Koffi's songs made him go to Bercy. But he wasn't Koffi's favorite during that time. Koffi's favorites when they came to do the Bercy-concert were Depitcho, Fally and Champion. Jordan Kusa became a key-member after the release of Force de Frappe and the succes of his song Aquarelle, continuing with insulting Koffi's rivals (Nyoka Longo, JB Mpiana and Papa Wemba). He had to put a song in Affaire d'Etat but he missed the trip because he was suspended by Koffi. It was a long, Koffi liked his ex'wife and asked him if he could give her to him and Jordan refusing and his friends (Fally, Cambodge and co) defending. But Koffi hold that grudge. Then some moments after it he Oncle Reece sent him to react against Tutu Calugi who attacked Koffi by saying that he was the real MMMMM Mopao (or something like that) saying that he was to wear JB Mpiana clothes  and say that he was the real souverain, but Jordan Kusa refused (he wanted to wash his image, because nobody was liking him anymore in Bandal because of attacking JB Mpiana to strong and often) which made him get some days after it a suspension of 4 months. Koffi then attacked in the Gipson song Biblia, calling him a dog (refering to the story of his ex'wife). Koffi gave him false hope when they returned to Kinshasa for a week to celebrate the 4 kora's, saying during Paulin Mukendi's show that he would join them in Europe, but it didn't happen. Jordan Kusa had also to put a song in Danger de Mort, starting promoting it in the bonus of Danger de Mort. But he left after performing at Grand Hotel Kinshasa were they presented the Monde Arabe inviting guests like Emeneya, Wemba, etc.

Jordan Kusa said during Ado's interview that he was never sure like other musicians (Felly, Fally, Binda,etc.) before tours if he would make it on the lists.

mvulusi96 #13 on: September 12, 2019, 14:38

So what you're saying is that Koffi almost never considered putting Aquarelle on the final track list. And what made Ridens and Gipson convince Koffi to put their songs on the album?

They didn't convice him. It was just that Depitcho and Deba O'Neill (Cameleon was credited to him in the Attentat-album) left during the tour which made them gave to put songs on Force de Frappe. Koffi never considereed to put Aquarelle on Force de Frappe. Jordan Kusa said that during his interview with Ado Yuhe. If he didn't insist at studio on Champion and Koffi to put the song they would have gave Clovis Ngouma or Mustapha the opportunity to put a song on that album.

mvulusi96 #14 on: September 12, 2019, 14:43

Also it wasn't planned that JF Ifonge would planned to put a song on Force de Frappe. He left after Bercy performing at Bercy, but Koffi tried to get him back by saying that he would get a song on Force de Frappe if he would show up and dance in the Cameleon-videoclip. But JF Ifonge refused because Koffi said then that he had first to speak to his mom in private (he was scared because often when Koffi speaks to the mother of important musicians just before and/or after big events they often die).