Author Topic: FALLY IPUPA - MESSAGE (OFFICIAL CLIP)  (Read 11765 times)

Paysan Congolais #30 on: October 23, 2020, 10:44

• View Profile
I don’t get it, what’s bad about this? Oh it’s like you people don’t want our music to evolve...I don’t know how you lot still find long ass rumba interesting...sometimes something different is needed. Fally j valide beta kk boye  ;D

Bro, let's be real. What do you call "our" music? This is urban pop. How is it our music? The Franco sample does not make it our music. I don't consider this our music. The same way I don't consider what Gims is doing our music. But that's another debate.

And in general, I'm not against evolution, as long as it's done properly. Even if we consider it our music, this song is lazy. It just relies on the sample. The lyrics are trash and there is no originality or sophistication. You just have that "Non" loop and Fally is just whining "jalousie" all over the track. I mean c'mon. This is basically what those 20 yo are doing in Europe and the US.: bubble gum pop bases on samples of classic songs. Lazy.  But people should praise it just because? Sampling does not make it a good song.

I hold our musicians to a certain standard.

Ok what is our music, rumba isn’t either btw...so you tell me our music?

How is rumba not our music? You will tell me rumba came from Cuba? Really?

When you listen to congolese modern music and listen to cuban music, do you hear the same thing? Really.

Tell me the name of that country or genre that congolese musicians have been copying from the last 70 years, from Wendo to Ferre (before he became Celine Dion)? 

You know what. I give it to you. There is no modern congolese music. Never existed.

Let's all play trap or any other stuff coming from the States.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:52 by Paysan Congolais »

ngombeshenzi55 #31 on: October 23, 2020, 15:41

• View Profile
Fally has badly.. Poorly and savagely terrorized the  song Non by Franco.

Mopao195 #32 on: October 23, 2020, 16:04

• MM
    • View Profile
Im not gonna front the song is decent. Trap Rumba coming to your local radio station soon lol

Tata Nkiadi #33 on: October 23, 2020, 19:27

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
You guys act like what Fally did is groundbreaking it’s not. His peers was already incorporating trap beats in their music. Heritier gave us Tout En Noir in 2016 and it was tasteful. I don’t recall any songs on Control that were “trapped.” In my eyes, the King is late and he’s trying to make up for it by trying to wow us with this nonsense. We have a bad habit of paying homage to our legends by remaking their songs and it never does the original any justice. Franco would’ve trashed this, let alone Simaro.

mrvibes #34 on: October 23, 2020, 21:24

• View Profile
You guys act like what Fally did is groundbreaking it’s not. His peers was already incorporating trap beats in their music. Heritier gave us Tout En Noir in 2016 and it was tasteful. I don’t recall any songs on Control that were “trapped.” In my eyes, the King is late and he’s trying to make up for it by trying to wow us with this nonsense. We have a bad habit of paying homage to our legends by remaking their songs and it never does the original any justice. Franco would’ve trashed this, let alone Simaro.

Bammmmmmmm

Please school them. Thank you

Manzambi94 #35 on: October 24, 2020, 00:47

• View Profile
I don’t get it, what’s bad about this? Oh it’s like you people don’t want our music to evolve...I don’t know how you lot still find long ass rumba interesting...sometimes something different is needed. Fally j valide beta kk boye  ;D

Bro, let's be real. What do you call "our" music? This is urban pop. How is it our music? The Franco sample does not make it our music. I don't consider this our music. The same way I don't consider what Gims is doing our music. But that's another debate.

And in general, I'm not against evolution, as long as it's done properly. Even if we consider it our music, this song is lazy. It just relies on the sample. The lyrics are trash and there is no originality or sophistication. You just have that "Non" loop and Fally is just whining "jalousie" all over the track. I mean c'mon. This is basically what those 20 yo are doing in Europe and the US.: bubble gum pop bases on samples of classic songs. Lazy.  But people should praise it just because? Sampling does not make it a good song.

I hold our musicians to a certain standard.

Ok what is our music, rumba isn’t either btw...so you tell me our music?

How is rumba not our music? You will tell me rumba came from Cuba? Really?

When you listen to congolese modern music and listen to cuban music, do you hear the same thing? Really.

Tell me the name of that country or genre that congolese musicians have been copying from the last 70 years, from Wendo to Ferre (before he became Celine Dion)? 

You know what. I give it to you. There is no modern congolese music. Never existed.

Let's all play trap or any other stuff coming from the States.

You are both right about the Rhumba origin.

Rhumba was the music many Angolan and Congolese.slaves brought to the Americas, in Brazil it developed into Samba, in Argentina.it.developed.into Tango, in the Carribean it developed.into Soca.and Reggae while.im Cuba it.developed.into Rhumba, the Rhumba coming back to Africa was dated in 1965 when Che Guevara was fighting the American and the capitalist to make the Congo become communist like they did with Angola, unfortunately for the Cubans Congolese.soldier were lazy, undisciplined and didn't really care that much about the war reason why the Americans won easily and Che Guevara began saying racist thing against black people because he assumed they were all like those Congolese.soldiers who were all about partying and women rather.tham fighting.for.the communist cause, in the same time a little bit earlier Papa Wendo was gifted a guitar by a white missionary when he was 11 (he was born in 1925) and since.henused to listen to a lot of AfroCuban music he developed two style.the Soukoss which later got developed.in Ndombolo and Afro Rumba which later developed in Congolese rumba, Papa Wendo was the Man, I can't even say man for respect I wil say Koko who invented/shifted Rhumba into a Congolese genre but they guy who made it popular was Franco, the fact that Che Guevara came and the fact that many Cuban stayed in Congo after the war made the genre being boosted in all Congo, so you guys are both right is our music but it is not our Music

bencuri #36 on: October 24, 2020, 01:54

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You don't need to debate about origins of rumba and other modern Congolese stuff, because both sides are right. Some influences come from abroad, that people heard in the radio in the 40's and 50's, like Cuban Rumba, but also US stars. If you check the interviews of Congolese musicians who were young in the 60's 70's, they almost all mention they had an American idol as well besides African influences. But other influences came from Africa. In the countryside a strong acoustic wave existed at that time, with artists who switched their tribal instruments to guitar, and that African music also had a lot of impact on what we hear today. If you listen to an old Congolese acoustic music field recording, you can here very similar melodies that are in the sebenes. And there were radio shows back then that played this kind of music. Some artists of that genre learnt this African style from the radio, and this is why similar melodies can be heard in different countries.

But anyway, what Paysan referred to that "it is not our music", as I understand, it is about that Fally did something that is far from one's expectation knowing what Congolese artists achieved in the past.  I am not surprised in that because what I experienced is that many Congolese abroad have issues regarding the technical side. I know many singers who are good singers, but have no proper DJ behind them, and this way the music backing is not very professional. On the other hand, I know some smaller artists from Montserat, doing Soca, and I was amazed how good DJ's they have. They are much smaller people than Fally, but their music producers are way more ahead. Fally and others should mine the internet a bit to find some really good DJ's. There are a lot, you just need to look for them. Sadly several Congolese singers whom I know, they don't find it important. This is a mistake. When you do electronic music, the backing has to be top level.

Jdog #37 on: October 24, 2020, 10:13

• View Profile

I like this song, good concept. It's been on repeat since it came out. Kingchrist and Ach'B are the two best music video directors in DRC right now.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

litho #38 on: October 25, 2020, 13:51

• View Profile
I really hope Fally paid the Luambo family handsomely for this “Non” sample.

I don't know if he paid them, but when it got on streaming platforms, when you open the credits you can see Franco's name in there.

They should’ve never agreed to let him use it in the first place. Franco’s songs are sacred. Duets with him and Madilu are timeless classics that shouldn’t be touched. This is crap.
Hey but look at it this way it’s helped the younger generation discover some of Franco’s work and I’ve seen people on social saying that they listened the song Non.

No, the younger generation already listing Franco's songs. Fally shouldn't have touch this song what huge disappointment.

litho #39 on: October 25, 2020, 14:19

• View Profile
How Fally entourage or let say Counsellors can let him release this rubbish song. Fally keeps say others they don’t have good entourages but, I can see he have the same problem if not even worse.

litho #40 on: October 25, 2020, 14:36

• View Profile
This just show how Congolese music is no longer on the lead, I don’t even think they have on top 5 right now. In the past few weeks I have seen Ferre, Innos, Koffi, Werra, Fally, Heritien and Fabregas all release new songs none of them can say he drop a quality song, all that were trash.

SLK97 #41 on: October 25, 2020, 15:51

• View Profile
Let's be real, litho. Congolese music hasn't really been in the lead since 2012-2016.

litho #42 on: October 26, 2020, 02:22

• View Profile
Let's be real, litho. Congolese music hasn't really been in the lead since 2012-2016.

Sad really, then he try to sing Franco's song. What really Fally was thinking.

Paysan Congolais #43 on: October 26, 2020, 05:57

• View Profile
Yes there are influences. The afro-cuban influence which peaked in the 60's and the afro-american influence which peaked in the early 70's. But it does not mean that it's not our music. It is.

The music we played was built on two pillars: innovation of congolese musicians and folks music.

The modern guitar style congolese was developed by Dr. Nico. But as King Kester used to say, Dr. Nico was in fact playing Luba folklore with his guitar. This is what we played till today.

The drumming style we play came from Merdijo's mind, not a cuban.

The modern seben and atalaku came from folklore (Bana odeon, Arumbaya, etc).

The term rumba keeps confusing people and some people still think that we play a cuban genre. After the 60's, the cuban influence was gone. In the early 70's, Mobutu came with the "recours à l'authenticité" and forced musicians to cut outside influences. The genre became very folk orientated.

The reality is congolese music despite outside influence was built in Congo by Congolese thru congolese folks. It's not an lation american genre. One can listen to cuban music of the last 50 years and compare to congolese music of the same period.

Hence, there is a clear distinction between OUR music and foreign music like Hip-Hop. It does not mean we can't mix the two or whatever. We can, art is art. But there should not be confusion between the two.