Author Topic: RADJA KULA HAS APPARENTLY PASSED AWAY  (Read 5031 times)

archos on: August 19, 2020, 10:57

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I just got info from kin that radja kula the leader of station japan which created so many of the famous dances of the 90's passed away
from his group came guys like rio de janeiro,guejo star,somono dolce...

Manzambi94 #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:01

• View Profile
I just got info from kin that radja kula the leader of station japan which created so many of the famous dances of the 90's passed away

I didn't know him but R.I P. what fanous dances he created?

archos #2 on: August 19, 2020, 11:31

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
for example of most of the wenge 4X4 dances from mulolo to feux de l'amour,the dances of V12,there are many examples which i cant remember at this very moment but imagine he was called " the man with 6600 dances"

Cavalier Solitaire #3 on: August 19, 2020, 12:43

• View Profile
M.H.S.R.I.P.

I have heard Deplick also say he was under  Radja Kula for sometime.

BercysFinest98 #4 on: August 19, 2020, 13:01

• View Profile
He was a brilliant choreographer! I've been watching his videos during lockdown. May he rest in peace!

Mukulu #5 on: August 19, 2020, 13:16

• View Profile
Ohhhhhh Rip Radja Kula

after the interview with kerozene, where he was talking about somono when he was in station Japon, i watched videos of him!

Mfumu Vata #6 on: August 19, 2020, 21:37

• View Profile

Many Kitisela ya Mata, mutuka munene, Niema coco,  etc. Many of his dances were used by big bands for other cries.

He also created alot  in dances for Victoria Eleison and Zaiko Langa Langa in the 80s (for example Sonza ma, Pomper Injections, Ilumè, Tshitsha tshi yango, etc.)

Wenge1995 #7 on: August 20, 2020, 00:39

• View Profile

Many Kitisela ya Mata, mutuka munene, Niema coco,  etc. Many of his dances were used by big bands for other cries.

He also created alot  in dances for Victoria Eleison and Zaiko Langa Langa in the 80s (for example Sonza ma, Pomper Injections, Ilumè, Tshitsha tshi yango, etc.)

Are these guys paid for their service? What's the incentive to give dances to big groups, especially if you're not technically a member?

Paysan Congolais #8 on: August 20, 2020, 07:50

• View Profile
He did so much. Ah vieux 6600 phases.

All those dances! He never got the accolades he deserved.

I was thinking about him last sunday. I was asking myself why we don't have famous/legendary dances anymore.

He did a lot for the genre.

May he rest in peace.

Ken Bilele #9 on: August 20, 2020, 08:26

• View Profile

RIP Mbuta Mutu. The guy had great influence in East Africa. His influence is still felt here. At min 3:41-43 is Professor, one  of the founders of offshoot bands from Station Japan, Rhumba Japan playing in Nairobi and Professor is still going strong today in Nairobi.

Ken Bilele #10 on: August 20, 2020, 08:34

• View Profile

Are these guys paid for their service? What's the incentive to give dances to big groups, especially if you're not technically a member?

Sometimes Music is hard to understand, Those that made more effort to entertain went without a fortune. I cant understand why some musicians would play music for 30 years without getting a fortune out of it. Like that man Professor, I watched him while I was still in primary school and more than 30 years on I still watch him give his all to music but cant say music has honored him. I feel sad.

archos #11 on: August 20, 2020, 11:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

For the case of radja kula he was rarely paid,very rarely and when he got caught by age  he started complaining on tv they'd  give him promises and invite him to come at home to get something then trick him,they tell him they are in grand hotel he should meet them there he'd go there,phone shut,since most have several numbers

O-Afrika #12 on: August 20, 2020, 12:46

• View Profile
He was the Station (Rhumba) Japan leader before they removed him  when they moved to Nairobi. Had old Station Japan videos and it was real creativity.

ZamundaPrince #13 on: August 20, 2020, 13:21

• View Profile

RIP Mbuta Mutu. The guy had great influence in East Africa. His influence is still felt here. At min 3:41-43 is Professor, one  of the founders of offshoot bands from Station Japan, Rhumba Japan playing in Nairobi and Professor is still going strong today in Nairobi.

Is that Gobin at minute 4.04? I'd like to know how Rhumba Japan ended up in Nairobi and with Gobin as the leader. Was Station Japan based in Nairobi at some point before the split?

Mfumu Vata #14 on: August 20, 2020, 13:29

• View Profile

He didn't give the dances to them. It's that those groups were taken it without asking it do that, because they saw him as their pire petit. For example, Emeneya would let Radja Kula often do the first parts of his concerts or invite him to dance in his concerts or give sometimes shout-outs in songs. The same for Nyoka Longo.

from 8:04 min (him dancing)

I remember Radja Kula still being mad against Koffi for after 20 years still not having paid him for stealing his dances.