Author Topic: BENIKO 'ZERO FAUTE' FEAT. SOMONO & BOURO MPELA / KING KESTER  (Read 3547 times)

Matebu on: March 15, 2017, 07:27

• View Profile
Generique Alerte Rouge w/ Somono & Bouro

Feruzi  & mère jolie ya kolo w/ King Kester

From Summer 1999, right in between QL exodus and QL Academia's Sanction, though Beniko did not participate in that album. As you can expect from Beniko, the rhumbas and guitar work are superb. You can almost call it a Beniko & Kester album with chorus by Malage de Lugendo because they participate in most of the songs.

Bouro and Somono are strictly animateurs on this album.

Jacko Sayala is my favorite of the many Congolese producers because he had a preference for live recordings, barely edited albums

mvulusi96 #1 on: March 15, 2017, 17:13

I always wonder why he decided to invite Somono, Bouro & Pathy Bass, who just left QL and not Paris-based musicians like 36.15 code niawu, Nono Manzanza, Faustino Ngoita, etc.

BG-ground #2 on: March 16, 2017, 18:44

• View Profile
Maybe bcuz those guys still had that fire from Ultimatum, LOI, droit de Veto etc himself Beniko was with them bfore going back to Zaiko LL Nkolo Mboka for a short period...

At the time he join Academia I thoght it was benif his statur... The Same Beniko that wws in Viva, Langa Langa Start(7patrons) Zaiko LL, Zaiko LL F.D, Quartier Latin now join Academia...to me it looked like Roxy Tshimpaka joining Wenge Musica! Lol

SoukousFan #3 on: March 17, 2017, 15:52

• View Profile
Maybe bcuz those guys still had that fire from Ultimatum, LOI, droit de Veto etc himself Beniko was with them bfore going back to Zaiko LL Nkolo Mboka for a short period...

At the time he join Academia I thoght it was benif his statur... The Same Beniko that wws in Viva, Langa Langa Start(7patrons) Zaiko LL, Zaiko LL F.D, Quartier Latin now join Academia...to me it looked like Roxy Tshimpaka joining Wenge Musica! Lol

I think he was in argument with Koffi, I might be wrong

mvulusi96 #4 on: March 17, 2017, 16:04

I think he was in argument with Koffi, I might be wrong

No, he didn't have an argument with Koffi. Koffi gave Beniko the permission to record an album as reward, after his return in QL.