Author Topic: THE GREATEST ATALAKOU BATTLE EVER  (Read 16309 times)

Matebu on: October 15, 2017, 02:56

• View Profile
Roberto Ekokota vs. Nono Atalakou Mombélé "L'empereur". Wenge Musica 4x4 BCBG vs. Zaiko Langa Langa

The orginal atalakou vs. the hottest atalakou of the early 90's. Roberto was way too hot to handle so he won by popular decision. The crowd fanning him and throwing money while he's performing ;D ;D

It's so nice to see how happy everyone was here and having fun. This is the happiest I've ever seen Werrason on stage

CM PRINCE #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:58

• View Profile
I hate you so much I was gonna post this but you beat me to it looool  ;D ;D ;D

mvulusi96 #2 on: October 15, 2017, 14:44

yeah this was the greatest atalaku battle ever. I always wanted a battle between Djuna Mumbafu Bileku and Roberto Wunda Ekokota. 

MwanaMokili #3 on: October 15, 2017, 17:18

• View Profile
Roberto Ekokota vs. Nono Atalakou Mombélé "L'empereur". Wenge Musica 4x4 BCBG vs. Zaiko Langa Langa

The orginal atalakou vs. the hottest atalakou of the early 90's. Roberto was way too hot to handle so he won by popular decision. The crowd fanning him and throwing money while he's performing ;D ;D

It's so nice to see how happy everyone was here and having fun. This is the happiest I've ever seen Werrason on stage

Heh, Heh heh!!

When it is your turn it is your turn!
Judgement day has never been so clear for the original atalaku.
Roberto was on Fire...

Manzambi94 #4 on: October 15, 2017, 20:55

• View Profile
Roberto was of another dimension, guys pike Prince, Kumzardo, Brandon, Bercy wouldn't even had a chance if Roberto was still active in the Congolese system of music, I think the only guy who has the same fire when he sings is Fusèe

CM PRINCE #5 on: October 15, 2017, 21:50

• View Profile
Roberto was of another dimension, guys pike Prince, Kumzardo, Brandon, Bercy wouldn't even had a chance if Roberto was still active in the Congolese system of music, I think the only guy who has the same fire when he sings is Fusèe
Naaa I disagree Roberto would have been seen as past it if he was still active look at bill and plus when tutu was unleashed in petagone ekokota and his style of animation started fading same bivens bienvenue in QL with mbochi and somono and nono in zaiko with papy cochaine

Manzambi94 #6 on: October 16, 2017, 16:06

• View Profile
Naaa I disagree Roberto would have been seen as past it if he was still active look at bill and plus when tutu was unleashed in petagone ekokota and his style of animation started fading same bivens bienvenue in QL with mbochi and somono and nono in zaiko with papy cochaine
No I disagree I think he would have been like Genta or Kakol, guys who still compete with the youngest, because the fact that Roberto's style faded is due to the fact he left for Europe, while otherwise other guys who are basically the same age of Kakol and Gemta like Diego get limited time due to cheesy lifestyle.

dany #7 on: October 16, 2017, 16:43

• Music is therapy
    • View Profile
Mombele was so wasted but he held his own despite being the outsider. Zaiko forever, ekokota faded so fast his animations were still powerful during the pentagone era. Although he lost his voice during that time I believe he could've contributed a bit to the evolution of wenge bcbg. He just dropped music altogether, I think he should team up with Alain mpela, Amelia, Tutu for their Europe based performances not once have I seen him at these events. Respect boma Ye, boma ye the 90s were truly magical with you

Toolz #8 on: October 16, 2017, 18:13

• View Profile
Please, I would like to know what he(Ekokota) has been up to since he is no longer doing music.

Matebu #9 on: October 16, 2017, 19:15

• View Profile
Please, I would like to know what he(Ekokota) has been up to since he is no longer doing music.

He lives in Brussels and performs occasionally there on the weekends.

He looks to be in good spirits, but for guy I consider the cornerstone of atalakou I wish he was still was spoken with the same esteem the Wenge founders are. He needs to be in Kinshasa guiding the young guys. Especially teaching them the importance of the shaker.

Roberto, Djuna Mumbafu, and Nono are the fathers, in my opinion.

PCGY KASTELLO #10 on: October 16, 2017, 19:29

• View Profile
Roberto Ekokota is timeless.....to sum up he is simply the Best. Bill was amazing because he was in the right band. Equally Celeo scrame. The moment they left Wenge MM, that was the end. The Chemestry of that group made it easier for people such as Celeo, Bill, and Kapaya Flame to be easily identified

Manzambi94 #11 on: October 16, 2017, 21:00

• View Profile
Man listen only the part from 5:15 until the end

And this is not even the genrrique but only a Seven he had 3 minutes and few seconds for animating and he crashed it, do you hear the energy the vibe neither Bill could sing with so much enthusiasm, Bill is a showman but Roberto Ekokota is the guy who walks and shines nobody can top that

Toolz #12 on: October 16, 2017, 21:40

• View Profile

He lives in Brussels and performs occasionally there on the weekends.

He looks to be in good spirits, but for guy I consider the cornerstone of atalakou I wish he was still was spoken with the same esteem the Wenge founders are. He needs to be in Kinshasa guiding the young guys. Especially teaching them the importance of the shaker.

Thanks Matebu. Good to know he is fine.

CM PRINCE #13 on: October 16, 2017, 21:46

• View Profile
Man listen only the part from 5:15 until the end

And this is not even the genrrique but only a Seven he had 3 minutes and few seconds for animating and he crashed it, do you hear the energy the vibe neither Bill could sing with so much enthusiasm, Bill is a showman but Roberto Ekokota is the guy who walks and shines nobody can top that
Yeah ekokota is one of the goats but you said if he was still active today bercy and co would struggle that's not true cause everyone's time comes and goes heck if he was still active I guarantee you people would be saying he's past it and so on given how it is nowadays like I said he started fading during pentagone that song kaskin is Over 20 years old now And he was much younger back then so that's a weird anolgoy you're using

Matebu #14 on: October 17, 2017, 00:39

• View Profile

Oh how could I forget to include the great 3615 Code Niawu? So popular and influential throughout the late 80's -90's. He has by far the biggest album resume of any atalakou