Author Topic: IF YOU WERE A MUSICIAN...  (Read 3726 times)

Manzambi94 on: February 16, 2018, 17:45

• View Profile

If you were a fresh musician, with no financial help, but with 10000$ or Euros after a lot of work to invest in only one song's promotion would you spend that over the promotion of that single on Spotify or would you make the video and promote it only on YouTube knowing that this are the payments?

Longbluesquid #1 on: February 16, 2018, 19:47

• View Profile
I'm a huge fan of Tidal. So I would side with them, but I would want to get my music exposed more

Manzambi94 #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:08

• View Profile
I'm a huge fan of Tidal. So I would side with them, but I would want to get my music exposed more
I think I would sign for tidal too but at the same time, at least in Europe, Tidal is not very used by the consumer.
Spotify is the application that everyone uses but the problem with Spotify is that gives you less money and for YouTube it is easy by sponsoring get million views but money is even lower and you have to come with a crazy good video for getting a very good number of views

Zaiko #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:35

• View Profile
I'd still use youtube granted the video is good. The payments suck but as a musician you don't really depend on this to recoup your income. It gives you the visual promotion for work later on like appearances/performances where many musicians make their money today. The other services are pretty much only audio which doesn't get attention like a video. Not to mention youtube is probably the most used service listed. Look at it as an investment.

Manzambi94 #4 on: February 19, 2018, 13:12

• View Profile
I'd still use youtube granted the video is good. The payments suck but as a musician you don't really depend on this to recoup your income. It gives you the visual promotion for work later on like appearances/performances where many musicians make their money today. The other services are pretty much only audio which doesn't get attention like a video. Not to mention youtube is probably the most used service listed. Look at it as an investment.
That's true basically with 10000$/€ I have checked that it would have been 1.3 million of coverage 897€ who will rise up to 3.6 million views if the music is mad good with approximately 2484 €... 8000 Euro down the investments but as you said people will start to know you and could lead you to live which is the thing that gives you real money since the artist himself decides how much money he will take.