Author Topic: I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENGE & WERRA'S "A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU"  (Read 21476 times)

Matebu on: October 14, 2017, 07:51

• View Profile
Man time has not been too kind to the sound quality. Like Solola Bien, the solo often sounds like mid-solo. I wonder why Al Nzimbi tuned percussions (snares specifically) the way he did. Most of the time the album sounds like they recorded it in a tin can.

The superb vocals & compositions by the Maison Mère dream is what saves the album. Every time I listen to Kibuisa I think "legendary"; everything was perfect. But this album, most times I can't listen in full.

It was recorded at Studio Guillaume Tell, a prestiugous Paris studio and the great Al Nzimbi was arrangeur, so I' don't understand how the sound was so subpar.

*Side note, this album and period (Koyimbiko) was the highpoint of Celeo's career.

Jdog #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:40

• View Profile
Yeah there are some songs that the songs sound weird but this album is still a classic. Ferre's rhumba was a big miss to me, I don't think he even sings it in concerts.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Tata Nkiadi #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:13

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Great album spoiled by overdubbed mabanga. Examen should’ve been a major hit for JDT but Werra’s muffled shout outs over shadowed the vocals. Overall, that album foreshadowed a horrible trend that artists can’t breakaway from now.

CM PRINCE #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:19

• View Profile
It's true there was way too much mabanga to be honest I sort of found the generique boring

Manzambi94 #4 on: October 14, 2017, 14:34

• View Profile
Victime D'Amour with those huge blonde braids and Serra and Linda playing the couple, the rumba was good but is no way near to what Ferre does now, for Celeo that dance Ko Yimbi Ko influenced so much African dances still to this day and for  I'll there aren't much words to say, Style Moomberg is my favorite so g of all the time it gives some energy that cannot be classified

Seben_Maniac #5 on: October 14, 2017, 18:11

• View Profile
The generique was not good at all. Very disappointing to say the least. The rest of the album was good, but I see what you mean. How could the quality be worse than the album that came the year before? The bass was also kind of nonexistent. Couldn't they have just used that as a template?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 18:13 by Seben_Maniac »

jeantwatwa #6 on: October 14, 2017, 21:22

• View Profile
don't blame the album for your low quaity sound equipments at home, understand that sound quality depends on many factors, for me "A LA QUEE LEU-LEU" was a masterpiece. the Mabanga's are part of life, hell, in western music if you listen carefully, all you hear is illuminati Mabanga's...

Manzambi94 #7 on: October 14, 2017, 21:23

• View Profile
don't blame the album for your low quaity sound equipments at home, understand that sound quality depends on many factors, for me "A LA QUEE LEU-LEU" was a masterpiece. the Mabanga's are part of life, hell, in western music if you listen carefully, all you hear is illuminati Mabanga's...
Like what songs?

Matebu #8 on: October 14, 2017, 21:47

• View Profile

Ndeko, I'm an audiophile. I have the high quality equipment at home so I can appreciate good music. Even Al Nzimbi has gone on record about the acoustic mistakes on this album. I wouldn't have made this thread if the sound quality was up to par. You love the album because of the sentimental value that it brings you

Around this time you had album-after-album with stellar sound quality - Affaire d'etat, Internet, Effrakata, Madilu's - Bonheur, Extra's - Trop c'est Trop, King Kester & Victoria's - Nouvelle Odre , and much more.

This is the one album everyone (the forum agrees in majority) points to as the beginning on Mabanga overload. 13ans from Kibuisa was the first preview of new age mabanga - with 111 names called in a 6 min rhumba, which people called ridiculous.

Tata Nkiadi #9 on: October 15, 2017, 04:38

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
the Mabanga's are part of life, hell, in western music if you listen carefully, all you hear is illuminati Mabanga's...

A way of life? Werra talks throughout the majority of the songs on the album. Not just during the breaks but on top of the vocalists while they’re singing. The engineer even had him louder than the vocalists. That’s not music bro, it’s unnecessary noise.

Manzambi94 #10 on: October 15, 2017, 08:18

• View Profile
the Mabanga's are part of life, hell, in western music if you listen carefully, all you hear is illuminati Mabanga's...

A way of life? Werra talks throughout the majority of the songs on the album. Not just during the breaks but on top of the vocalists while they’re singing. The engineer even had him louder than the vocalists. That’s not music bro, it’s unnecessary noise.
He is the boss nobody has the balls to tell him that or that he should take more singing lesson...
I still remember how he stared at Celeo when he said "Mokonzi, sala nzembo bien lokola eza nzembo na nga yemba ango mwa bien" (Since this is my song I please you to sing it right, you need to be perfect on this one) on Celeo's song J'en Ai Assez

Matebu #11 on: October 15, 2017, 18:23

• View Profile
lol, that footage cracks me up every time. So cringeworthy

Imagine if someone said that to JB, Werra, or Koffi...

There was even a parody done  ;D

CM PRINCE #12 on: October 15, 2017, 19:32

• View Profile
To be honest the other problem with this album was it was the beginning of albums getting overhyped and of course they did the koyimbi ko dance to death at concerts that it was getting boring

Manzambi94 #13 on: October 15, 2017, 21:00

• View Profile
lol, that footage cracks me up every time. So cringeworthy

Imagine if someone said that to JB, Werra, or Koffi...

There was even a parody done  ;D

Ahahahahah the parody is on point and by the way seeing that video again you can really feel the magic that the group was feeling in A LA Queue Leu Leu

mvulusi96 #14 on: October 16, 2017, 00:01

To be honest the other problem with this album was it was the beginning of albums getting overhyped and of course they did the koyimbi ko dance to death at concerts that it was getting boring

if the album was released 3 or 6 months earlier, then the album would get the respect it deserved at that time. Because people waited to long for that album, which made it getting not well received at that time, despite the lies of the Congolese press. The album got luckily the respect which it deserved after 5 years. The beginning of albums getting over-hyped was with Temoinage.