Author Topic: I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENGE & WERRA'S "A LA QUEUE LEU-LEU"  (Read 21468 times)

mvulusi96 #30 on: February 21, 2018, 01:02

@mvulusi96

I suppose the only person in Maison Mere who doesn't have a story of business or personal polemic is Papy Kakol and maybe Heriter! ????

Who do you think was better qualified to be leader of Les Marquis de Masion Mere? Such a promising offshoot band, but apparently all the founding members were vying for that leadership position.

In my opinion, JDT was always the best choice for leader. After all, wasn't the whole idea his when they first had problems with Werrason during the tour for Solola Bien?

It was tough watching those London concerts of Masion Mere in 2004, because you could tell that the whole group was on the verge of a split.

Sometimes I wonder if Werrason regretted those underhanded tricks that broke apart such a talented group. I gave him a pass the first time around with Wenge 4X4, but this split seemed a direct result of greed and reckles self-ambition.

Btw, whatever happened to Christian Mabanga and Michael Tshendu? I was surprised how that young boy got a song placed on the first Masion Mere album before Ferre Gola, Gola had been by Werrason's side since Pentagone.

I'm just surprised Michael Tshendu never went on to do more with the group, he was a promising vocalist, had style, and could dance but he just vanished.

It was already sure from day 1, when they made that interview with Yves Kambala that they would split in 1 year. That election to chose a leader made the situation worser.

The idea of Les Marquis came from JDT with his friend back Agazul Zulman and became official in the days that they came to South Africa for the Kora Awards 2000, which they lost against Extra Musica. But they reconciled quickly with Werrason and went back to Europe recording Kibuisa Mpimpa.

There were alot problems in Maison Mere when they came to the UK, but it wasn't planned that they would leave there or form a band at that moment. JDT stayed in the UK for medical reasons, because he had a car-accident in Kinshasa. Ferre Gola who had already French-papers went to Paris to see his ex'wife Sabrina and kids and was doubting about starting a solo career or join Maison Mere later in Kinshasa. Bill Clinton went to Paris on his own. The thing which motivated them to form Les Marquis, was when Werrason sent Sankara to insult Ferre's mother and mocking the way JDT and Bill Clinton came to Maison Mere on TV. Werrason send also an ultimatum-letter to them saying that they need to return in 48 hours, otherwise they will suffer in their lives or something like that (thinking that he's god or something like that). Ferre was furious and called Japonais & Mimiche Bass to form a band and they started recuiting musicians (Serge Mabiala, Biva Rai, Celezino, Picas Mbayo, Toms Koyimbi-Ko, Gemerose, Kaps Kapangala, Yves Meteor & Papy Mbonda), being joined by Bill Clinton and JDT joined them some days later (he was still sick). Thenthey contacted Baby Ndombe, who had to join them in Paris, but he changed his mind after seeing that interview with Yves Kambala.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:05 by mvulusi96 »

Manzambi94 #31 on: February 21, 2018, 01:23

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I suppose the only person in Maison Mere who doesn't have a story of business or personal polemic is Papy Kakol and maybe Heriter! ????

Who do you think was better qualified to be leader of Les Marquis de Masion Mere? Such a promising offshoot band, but apparently all the founding members were vying for that leadership position.

In my opinion, JDT was always the best choice for leader. After all, wasn't the whole idea his when they first had problems with Werrason during the tour for Solola Bien?

It was tough watching those London concerts of Masion Mere in 2004, because you could tell that the whole group was on the verge of a split.

Sometimes I wonder if Werrason regretted those underhanded tricks that broke apart such a talented group. I gave him a pass the first time around with Wenge 4X4, but this split seemed a direct result of greed and reckles self-ambition.

Btw, whatever happened to Christian Mabanga and Michael Tshendu? I was surprised how that young boy got a song placed on the first Masion Mere album before Ferre Gola, Gola had been by Werrason's side since Pentagone.

I'm just surprised Michael Tshendu never went on to do more with the group, he was a promising vocalist, had style, and could dance but he just vanished.
Papy Kakol and Heritier has a long polemic history, Kakol since he became Chef D'Orchestre really made everything for guys to feel uncomfortable if he thinks that they need to leave (Prince, Bercy, Lobeso) for example he will do everything for you to make you leaving and then on TV he will say "leaving the group is a big mistake" even though he well knows he forced those guys out but he never got that aura of a polemic guy because he is only under Werra and administration so people in Wenge are aittle bit scared of his authority since he is the guy who along with the guitarist and Werra decides his much space member will have.
For Heritier Werra has treated him like a son even refusing the demission letter that Heritier sent to Werra before leaving.
Since Werra treated like his own son his bad behaviour is under the radar, but he is the guy who had a baby with Sylvie Mamoata's sister (Mampata and her family is untouchable in MM fans's mind) and the guy who sent some kids to beat Brigade that resulted in Brigade being seriously injured with photo walking all over internet

(which I think he did because he was sensing that Brigade was becoming too much important for Werra) which led to Brigade leaving the group since he went to Werra telling him whole the story, but Werra didn't even say a word by looking at Brigade with an empty stare that  basically made Brigade felt humiliated.
The crazy fact is that now Brigade and Heritier publicly gave each other compliment, Brigade in interviews and Heritier on his first concert as a solo artist were like I am very glad that my brother Brigade is here today.

Wenge1995 #32 on: February 21, 2018, 03:21

• View Profile
@Manzambi94

Man, Brigade really took a beating and Werrason was foul for downplaying the attack!

Thanks for the update, always wondered what became of those two artist.

Wenge1995 #33 on: February 21, 2018, 03:29

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

JB Mpiana should have kept Burkina Faso Mboka Liya in BCBG, they were neck and neck with Masion Mere.

After Mboka Liya departed from the group, Ficarre and Alba had to step to the forefront as soloist but I don't think they were ready to match the success of TH.

Don't get me wrong, Internet was good. But the rhumbas definately were better composed then the sebenes, although they had Masion Mere beat in percussion. Titina and Seugin were an excellent duo.

I feel like JB Mpiana never quite recovered from Mpela and Burkina Faso leaving.

Cavalier Solitaire #34 on: February 21, 2018, 06:30

• View Profile
lol, that footage cracks me up every time. So cringeworthy

Imagine if someone said that to JB, Werra, or Koffi...

There was even a parody done  ;D

The Parody though!!  ;D ;D

mvulusi96 #35 on: February 21, 2018, 09:52

@mvulusi96

JB Mpiana should have kept Burkina Faso Mboka Liya in BCBG, they were neck and neck with Masion Mere.

After Mboka Liya departed from the group, Ficarre and Alba had to step to the forefront as soloist but I don't think they were ready to match the success of TH.

Don't get me wrong, Internet was good. But the rhumbas definately were better composed then the sebenes, although they had Masion Mere beat in percussion. Titina and Seugin were an excellent duo.

I feel like JB Mpiana never quite recovered from Mpela and Burkina Faso leaving.

Alba Accompagnero is a rhythm player. Yeah Burkina Faso's departure was a big blow for them. But is was replaced by Coco Kiandia "Pina Colada". He participated on Internet, but didn't last long, because he ran a away when they toured in Canada. I guess that he wanted to study there, like Fiston Zamuangana, who left Wenge BCBG in 1998 those reasons. So he was replaced by Pathy Moleso when they came back in 2001.

mvulusi96 #36 on: February 21, 2018, 09:55

@mvulusi96

Papy Kakol and Heritier has a long polemic history, Kakol since he became Chef D'Orchestre really made everything for guys to feel uncomfortable if he thinks that they need to leave (Prince, Bercy, Lobeso) for example he will do everything for you to make you leaving and then on TV he will say "leaving the group is a big mistake" even though he well knows he forced those guys out but he never got that aura of a polemic guy because he is only under Werra and administration so people in Wenge are aittle bit scared of his authority since he is the guy who along with the guitarist and Werra decides his much space member will have.
For Heritier Werra has treated him like a son even refusing the demission letter that Heritier sent to Werra before leaving.
Since Werra treated like his own son his bad behaviour is under the radar, but he is the guy who had a baby with Sylvie Mamoata's sister (Mampata and her family is untouchable in MM fans's mind) and the guy who sent some kids to beat Brigade that resulted in Brigade being seriously injured with photo walking all over internet

(which I think he did because he was sensing that Brigade was becoming too much important for Werra) which led to Brigade leaving the group since he went to Werra telling him whole the story, but Werra didn't even say a word by looking at Brigade with an empty stare that  basically made Brigade felt humiliated.
The crazy fact is that now Brigade and Heritier publicly gave each other compliment, Brigade in interviews and Heritier on his first concert as a solo artist were like I am very glad that my brother Brigade is here today.

Yeah the list of people who left because of Kakol & Heritier is very long. Espcially Kakol. You got Michel Bass, Bibicia, Cappucino LBG, Teka Diobanza, etc.

archos #37 on: February 21, 2018, 10:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
the last trick kakol as a chef has pulled which his best friend seguin also does which pisses me off big time is making musicians to pay to be on stage,on tours, on albums regardless of their talent and their form of the moment
that way we are seeing some guys who deserved chance rotting in reserves while other who play the game get loads of opportunity

Manzambi94 #38 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06

• View Profile
the last trick kakol as a chef has pulled which his best friend seguin also does which pisses me off big time is making musicians to pay to be on stage,on tours, on albums regardless of their talent and their form of the moment
that way we are seeing some guys who deserved chance rotting in reserves while other who play the game get loads of opportunity
Wow, that guy really gets on my nerve, both of them, they are the reason especially Seguin of Wenge downfall from big band to small one.
Maybe Kakol is only mad because every time he sees his daughter thinks about the fact is not the real father lol.
Anyway that is exactly what I meant with Wenge ekufi, it has became a death place where you need to be very strong mentally to stay there, and it is just gross, gross I am speechless I knew Kakol was mean but this is beyond meanness especially in a poor country like Congo... SMH

masatomo #39 on: February 21, 2018, 14:46

• View Profile
Is it true that Ferre didn't want Baby Ndombe in Les Marquis ? I don't know where i got that from.

mvulusi96 #40 on: February 21, 2018, 15:00

Is it true that Ferre didn't want Baby Ndombe in Les Marquis ? I don't know where i got that from.

I heard it also, but I don't believe it. They called even Fally Ipupa, Jordan Kusa & Shella Mputu to join their band.

faithandwar #41 on: February 21, 2018, 19:34

• View Profile
Woah at this thread. This is all too shocking to me. It's pretty much corruption at every level. This is the first time i'm hearing about these practices of punishing band members in such a way physically and financially. Does this happen in 90% of our Congolese bands? Plus how do you know so much insider info? 

Matebu #42 on: February 21, 2018, 19:49

• View Profile
Woah at this thread. This is all too shocking to me. It's pretty much corruption at every level. This is the first time i'm hearing about these practices of punishing band members in such a way physically and financially. Does this happen in 90% of our Congolese bands? Plus how do you know so much insider info?

Congolese culture revolves heavily on what Franco called “les on dits” or gossip. If something happens, someone will talk or it will be caught on tape.

These events happen in many bands, but everything (especially fights) are to another level in Maison Mère due to all the hot heads that have passed through the group.

I blame Werra in part because though he publicly tries to be a hands off guy... in every situation he’s usually instigating in the background via Sankara and co
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 19:52 by Matebu »

Wenge1995 #43 on: February 21, 2018, 21:04

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I totally forgot about Coco Kiandia, I had no idea he settled in Canada! His run with the group was so short. What was the deal with Kilimanjaro? There was some hype about him joining Wenge BCBG but nothing came from it. And is he really related to Bill "Clinton" Kalonji?

@mvulusi96

Baby should have joined Les Marquis, his career would have likely went on better. Even though the band was short lived, all the main members got a career boost to pursue other things because their songs were very popular. Ferre Gola slowly became a Rhumba master (100 Kilos & Amour intérêt), Bill Clinton expanded his craft beyond just animation (Vous me reverrez), and JDT (Ecole & Eric Gwenye) really got to showcase his songwriting skills. I'm sure Baby would have been able to tease some of his potential as a solo artist just as well as the others. Can't forget about Serge, his song Mariage is among my favorite!

@Manzambi94

Kakol is definately a unique kind of bully, his insolence has almost no restraint. Probably the only person he didn't mess with directly was JDT, I've heard that he could fight very well.

CM PRINCE #44 on: February 21, 2018, 21:09

• View Profile

I heard it also, but I don't believe it. They called even Fally Ipupa, Jordan Kusa & Shella Mputu to join their band.
Had that happened that band would've collapsed in a couple of months let alone a year