Author Topic: I JUST REALISED GESSAC WAS THE FIRST DANCER ATALAKU IN QL SINCE SOMONO  (Read 908 times)

CM PRINCE on: May 18, 2023, 16:05

• View Profile
I just realised that since Somono left Koffi in 1999 there wasn't really an atalaku that danced until Gessac came in 2007. Brigade and Kerozene danced in a couple of clips in affaire d'etat and effrakata but they wasn't really dancing in concerts like the way Somono or Gessac were and they were also doing solo dances. Somono danced in all the clips he was featured from V12 all the way to Loi. Another thing was after Mboshi and Somono left Koffi slowly stopped using his atalaku's for clips, CNN appeared in 3 clips in Attentat in force de frappe he didn't appear.

Somono

1:02:17

Gessac
1:32:58

3:58

John Scott could've been next in the list if Koffi didn't dump him so quickly in favour of Kerozene, because he was dancing at concerts and was a great dancer, it could've been a battle between him Fally and Bouro if he stayed. It's still so strange the way he got rid of him quickly when he came to replace Ocean and Koffi was promoting him everywhere even when he went to Europe to prepare for Parc des princes he was promoting John Scott at a press conference.

1:22:17

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: May 19, 2023, 03:41

• View Profile
Gessac Tshimpoyi is very talented. I am glad that you showed the clips of his dancing skills. It is A plus without doubt.

CM PRINCE #2 on: May 20, 2023, 00:58

• View Profile
Gessac Tshimpoyi is very talented. I am glad that you showed the clips of his dancing skills. It is A plus without doubt.
He isn’t creative. Watching the Abidjan clip he’s literally a complete copy of Bill.

CM PRINCE #3 on: May 20, 2023, 00:59

• View Profile
I also forgot to mention Beevens Rappeur was another dancing atalaku before Somono arrived, so Iit started with him then Somono to Gessac. 

SoukousFan #4 on: May 20, 2023, 10:35

• View Profile
Just an off-topic, watching the Ultimatum clips, the team looks cheerful for the most part... I enjoy the Mbirime clip for Dolce's antics
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:40 by SoukousFan »

Mfumu Vata #5 on: May 20, 2023, 11:01

• View Profile
CNN is a good dancer. Not special but he knows how to dance. I think that his conflict with Koffi already started when they were recording the videoclips for Force de Frappe. In Attentat volume 1 apart the generique, Koffi didn't film his singers. He just filmed himself and dancers.

John Scott probably did something wrong which made Koffi wanting to get rid of him quickly and with Kerozene seeing the golden occasion with it. Back then Koffi was really obssesed with Maison Mere. Especially Bill & Ferre praising both guys often in interviews. In Kerozene he saw a raw diamond and a new bill clinton. He recruited Ile de Cambodge for the same reasons, in which he saw Kakol 2.0. When coming in Europe he was about to recruit Papy Jah of Extra Musica but the whole band being against saying and Fally openly saying that he was starting copying Werrason. When coming in Ivory Coast he recruited Lady Miyembe of Anti Choc wanting him to do that role of Ferre but all big singers didn't like him and did everything to make him leave.

About Kerozene and Brigade not dancing in clips. Both guys dont really know how to dance although Koffi next to old QL-videos giving them alot of videotapes of Maison Mère to train on Bill. You will notice that in their first year they were trying to do famous Bill-turn that Bill used to do in concerts of Maison Mere but them not really succeeding in it.

Mboshi was a talented artist but was not a big dancer and also didnt had the looks to appear in clips. For example, Champion was a drummer but Koffi made him appear often in clips and Binda Bass also a few times. This boosted the popularity of both guys alot. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s Champion was the most famous drummer in Africa. When talking about atalaku's in West-Africa,
they were often mentioning Theo Mbala, Tutu Kaluji and Bill Clinton. But not Mboshi because despite his work they weren't knowing his name and some even not his face because of not appearing in clips,  himself not mentioning his name often in his work and his boss also not mentioning much when animating.

Manzambi94 #6 on: May 20, 2023, 11:41

• View Profile
CNN is a good dancer. Not special but he knows how to dance. I think that his conflict with Koffi already started when they were recording the videoclips for Force de Frappe. In Attentat volume 1 apart the generique, Koffi didn't film his singers. He just filmed himself and dancers.

John Scott probably did something wrong which made Koffi wanting to get rid of him quickly and with Kerozene seeing the golden occasion with it. Back then Koffi was really obssesed with Maison Mere. Especially Bill & Ferre praising both guys often in interviews. In Kerozene he saw a raw diamond and a new bill clinton. He recruited Ile de Cambodge for the same reasons, in which he saw Kakol 2.0. When coming in Europe he was about to recruit Papy Jah of Extra Musica but the whole band being against saying and Fally openly saying that he was starting copying Werrason. When coming in Ivory Coast he recruited Lady Miyembe of Anti Choc wanting him to do that role of Ferre but all big singers didn't like him and did everything to make him leave.

About Kerozene and Brigade not dancing in clips. Both guys dont really know how to dance although Koffi next to old QL-videos giving them alot of videotapes of Maison Mère to train on Bill. You will notice that in their first year they were trying to do famous Bill-turn that Bill used to do in concerts of Maison Mere but them not really succeeding in it.

Mboshi was a talented artist but was not a big dancer and also didnt had the looks to appear in clips. For example, Champion was a drummer but Koffi made him appear often in clips and Binda Bass also a few times. This boosted the popularity of both guys alot. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s Champion was the most famous drummer in Africa. When talking about atalaku's in West-Africa,
they were often mentioning Theo Mbala, Tutu Kaluji and Bill Clinton. But not Mboshi because despite his work they weren't knowing his name and some even not his face because of not appearing in clips,  himself not mentioning his name often in his work and his boss also not mentioning much when animating.
There was a dance that  rigade used to make when he was first in Maison Mere in 2004 where he was doing a frontali stand and the  push his body to the left which later become this dance

4:52 who invented thus dance? Was it Brigade? Because U find it hard to see Brigade doing this complex choreography by his own without any help, maybe someone else invented it. I think Brigade got better with dancing but he only dances well when he is not high for example.he danced really well in this section

At 7:26 he is the one ont he right back, man crazy dance tbh who ever invented it props to him

Wenge1995 #7 on: May 20, 2023, 22:43

• View Profile

It seems as if Koffi is very easy to please and easy to fall out of favor with, I wonder what Jon Scott probably did? It reminds me of Chikito, wasn't he fired from QL because he didn't wear the right uniform for a concert the group had?

And if I recall, Spino got sidelined because Koffi listened to the gossip of Montana despite Spino working hard

Mfumu Vata #8 on: May 20, 2023, 23:42

• View Profile
We will know the reason behind John Scott's departure that made Koffi force Kerozene to pick between John Scott and Brigade and the same John Scott getting forced to pick between Kerozene and Brigade, the day he will do an interview with Papy Gene and Ado Yuhe. John Scott appeared a few time in youtube-comments, but never did an interview. Maybe doesn't like media.

I dont know the reasons about Chikito's departure. I stopped following Quartier Latin closely after Abacadabra. But it happened often that bandmembers who were new and less known that they would leave immediatly after Koffi shouting against them for not respecting the dresscode or them getting ignored for a long time. A good example is atalaku Bidjana who joined Quartier Latin after leaving Wenge BCBG. Koffi liking him alot, praising him often and even saying that he would bring him to Europe. But when they were about to perform at Cinemax, Bidjana didn't respect the dresscode, Koffi started to shout at him and forbad him to get on stage. Bidjana didn't like the way he got humilated and decided to leave. He would not long after it join Do Akongo's band when Do Akongo decided to start his solo-career, before joining Zaiko Langa Langa.

Spino often comes with different versions about his departure. When he did his interview with Addy Londole on Congonumber1 almost 10 years ago, he came with the version that Montana was gossping about him to Koffi. Saying to Koffi that Spino wanted to challenge him by coming with those expensive clothes. Koffi from then not liking him anymore. But in his recent interviews he said that Koffi started to dislike him because of when going to Gabon for a serie of concerts. An influent Gabonese businesswoman/donor of Koffi felt in love with him, which made Koffi mad. Koffi from then started to do ignore him and not treating him well. Also mentioning that he didn't felt comfortable because of Koffi multiple times asking if he was related to Chouchou (who's his cousin). Koffi at some point forbidden Spino to talk with Chouchou. Anyway Spino didn't felt comfortable anymore and decided to leave Quartier Latin for Wenge Tonya Tonya. Where he quickly became one of the keymembers and being important in those polemic war on tv-channels against Wenge Maison Mère. He even got involved with a fight against Baby Ndombe and Bill Clinton.

If the version about Montana is true. Then I suspect him being maybe the one who informed Koffi about Champion's behaviour. People didn't notice that Montana was Koffi's favorite after Fally & Bouro.