Author Topic: Stino should remix this song  (Read 1200 times)

Mfumu Vata on: June 20, 2021, 17:01

• View Profile

The message of the song is why Congolese people always praise men when they are dead, but never when they are alive.

It's along with Avumbi, Nombrilisme & Bana Kin the only songs I like from Fin d'Exil
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 17:28 by Mfumu Vata »

Longbluesquid #1 on: June 20, 2021, 18:04

• View Profile
That entire album was legendary. I wish they could reunite for a Fin D’Exil Part 2.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: June 23, 2021, 22:18

• View Profile
I didn't like the album. It was like both guys saboted the album. Reddy didn't sing on most songs of Stino and it felt like both guys just gave songs who couldn't it on their own albums, while artists like Wemba, Bozi, Koffi, Franco, Tabu Ley gave their best songs when recordings albums like Wake Up, Grand Job, +1, l'Evénement.

In my opinion the album is just crap, especially if you compare it to albums like A La Une, Force de Frappe, TH, +1, Nessy de London and Longue Histoire who came out that year. I even prefer to listen to Premillenium of Les Jeunes Premier then Fin d'Exil.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 22:22 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #3 on: June 23, 2021, 22:32

• View Profile
 On the end it's sad that they didn't give the 100%. especially if you know the story about Papa Wemba and the conflict with both guys. I was excepting fire and though that the album would be better than Wake Up, which is by many people seen as Koffi-album instead of a real duo-album. They first came with the idea to prove Papa Wemba a point that they weren't finished, after that Emeneya both advised to not leave Viva La Musica "Cour des Grand" when they wanted to do. But it was like both guys had hidden agendas against each other when recording the album. I don't know who said it, but Reddy Amisi and Stino even fought in the studio in front of Rigo Star. Just because Reddy was not liking that Stino was wearing sunglasses. The poor promotion of JPS didn't even either. Papa Wemba was still furious against the two guys and them recording Fin d'Exil made him even angrier, ignoring them in interview or giving short answers.