Author Topic: TEASER NEW GENERIQUE NZOUNGOU BY ROGA ROGA  (Read 1208 times)

archos on: August 13, 2023, 12:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #1 on: August 13, 2023, 12:53

• View Profile

BercysFinest98 #2 on: August 13, 2023, 15:56

• View Profile

Seben_Maniac #3 on: August 13, 2023, 16:19

• View Profile
Nouvelle Horizon is killing this guy, it’s not even close

Longbluesquid #4 on: August 13, 2023, 16:40

• View Profile
Has Roga Roga forgotten about Shalai? Or even heard of Nouvel Horizon?

Manzambi94 #5 on: August 13, 2023, 19:40

• View Profile
Tbh completely honest no. Is actually Roga Roga killing them, yes Roga Roga music sucks lately, but he us getting more and more recognized by Congolese of Kinshasa and also here in Europe there isn't a party, a wedding of all African nations without BoKoko playing at that wedding or party, I think he wants to ride the Bokoko/AfroMbokalisation trend again, but he is risking a lot he isn't like Arafa Tshena who kinda perfectioned this genre of Afri Mbokalisation he is just someone who wanted a massive hit so I don't think Nzoungou will be as successful

archos #6 on: August 13, 2023, 20:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
one thing massively saves roga is that for most non congolese people(and even many people of drc) roga still drags with him the aura of the original extra musica,i am sure many even think that it was HIS group and that the two generations just left so it always gives a certain level of traction

BercysFinest98 #7 on: August 13, 2023, 23:31

• View Profile
Tbh completely honest no. Is actually Roga Roga killing them, yes Roga Roga music sucks lately, but he us getting more and more recognized by Congolese of Kinshasa and also here in Europe there isn't a party, a wedding of all African nations without BoKoko playing at that wedding or party, I think he wants to ride the Bokoko/AfroMbokalisation trend again, but he is risking a lot he isn't like Arafa Tshena who kinda perfectioned this genre of Afri Mbokalisation he is just someone who wanted a massive hit so I don't think Nzoungou will be as successful
Manzambi is right, even with Nouvel Horizon their songs are not even good anymore... Roga's also aren't even that good anymore but hey at least Congo Brazza is rising up!

Manzambi94 #8 on: August 14, 2023, 00:10

• View Profile
Manzambi is right, even with Nouvel Horizon their songs are not even good anymore... Roga's also aren't even that good anymore but hey at least Congo Brazza is rising up!
Tbh Nouvel Horizon can make the new Shalai, which tbh they kinda did a little with Na Suka Wapi, (two totally different songs but they are similar to me in terms of research and detail musically speaking) but they won't get recognized and noticed the same way a synthe beat and a good melody would

Unfortunately I have to say that the Ndombolo as we know is on his last breath, meaning that we will never see as Mfumu Vata said the rise of popularity in the 90s that the Congo had in all Africa, and if someone doesn't come with a new concept who can counteract that Synthe AfroMbokalisation style the genre in 10 years once Werra, JB, and to some extent Koffi either die or retire from music, the genre will die, Ferre is not interested in the generique the way Werra is and for Fally I think he does generique just to give space to his atalakus otherwise I think him also would just make rhumbas, the only guy remaining g are Heritier and Fabro (guys with a little bit of weight there are many smaller artists like Deplick, and many others who still do generique) and even if Fabro does a lot of generique he totally ruined his reputation for enough people to care when he release and about Heritier Japonais left so I already know that without him he will struggle again with Generiques after them no guy under 25 who is serious about making it as a musician has a Ndombolo band or care to make Ndombolo beats the latest guy who made it Jules Ysok made a slightly modified version of the Afro Mbokalisation beat but more focus on the traditional side

for the rest Innoss doesn't want to make Ndombolo and the time he did he got clowned and or the song wasn't getting successful, plus after all those stories of ex musicians coming out to Ado Yuhe about them not getting paid, being humiliated, being treated bad, being given bullshit money when they say something awful happened like when their mother, father dies or some like that, who in his right mind would accept to go and become a musician? Plus, it is not easy to have a 30 members group like in the past and just making them hope by giving them 50 dollars per month, so for all those reasons I think that Nouvel Horizon are kinda screwed,

Only Kinshasa DJs now are making music who is going viral tbh

the only thing who can make the genre successful again, are two things, no three.

1. Finding a way to incorporate that Afro Mboka style in generique the way Roga Roga and Werra did

2:36
I think  the song would have been an even bigger success if Hugo Synthe developed this melody for the rest of the song

2. Do like Werra did in 7 jours make at least one traditional or multiple traditional songs, who always always always go well 90% of the time, in fact I wonder why more leaders don't do that, with traditional I don't mean the video style but the song,  tbh Traditional songs are at the sane level if not more about the playability and viability of generiques and to me they are way better then rhumbas

For example see how much these song could have have the same success of Bokoko if properly promoted

(by the way Zenga Luketu had 7 milion views before Werra made it removed from Ndombolhino channel to re-upload it on his own channel)

3:47

3 Either Coen with something new which has ndombolo roots, or try to adapt to a more traditional style with the absence of guitar the way the Kinshasa DJs are doing

archos #9 on: August 20, 2023, 15:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

ep is out

Longbluesquid #10 on: August 20, 2023, 16:23

• View Profile

What exactly is Afro mbokalisation genre? Is that from brazza?

Manzambi94 #11 on: August 20, 2023, 18:13

• View Profile

What exactly is Afro mbokalisation genre? Is that from brazza?
Yes it is from Brazza

Is a genre who have always been in the Air since very small local artists were doing beat Combining traditional instrumentalist, synthe and choirs, but the guy who really brought up to the African attention was Arafa Tshena who became famous before Afro Mbokalisation

with his songs

Mbokalisation 3.0

and Kelassi

and that Roga Roga brought even higher with Bokoko song that he made to show that he wasn't finished and that even without an Atalaku, guitar doing solo and a crie he could have a successful song

All started to gain traction when this Dance Mopacho started to trend on many Tik Toks in Brazza and in Africa

Basically the Dance that she is doing at 00:20

at 4:19

and over this Dance various local djs and beatmakers and singers of brazza developed this style who have been called Afro Mbokalisation which is basically having a beat usually a synthe resample traditional music choirs and mbondas, not only in Brazza but many peoole from DRC adopted this style for example Celeo

and many others.
I think that the genre will go into this direction Brazza more Afro Mbokalisation songs and in Congo Kinshasa more Kinshasa House songs (basically a genre that is House mixed with Traditional elements a standard song of this genre gotta be this one )

mrvibes #12 on: August 21, 2023, 08:08

• View Profile
I went back and list to vision from extra musica NH and came to a conclusion that Roga has totally lost it. Roga has released so many songs but  still not coming the level of extra musica NH. Bokoko to me was just lucky shot due  to the video  clip , I recall the song not having the same success before the video clip coming out and I’m pretty sure that the new sound will get the same  result.
It’s just my opinion. Looks like we Congolese people have always been big fans of mediocrity
Choosing werra or jb  or fally over Ferre for instance . I feel like many Congolese are affected by peer pressure. We  don’t take the time to really listen to the real music  but just follow the trend and this new generation ( kids) bringing nonsense to the music has affected the music in all levels something must be done.

Cavalier Solitaire #13 on: August 21, 2023, 12:52

• View Profile
Donc just like that we won't get Espe Bass's album because of this Bokoko remix. I hope this release forces, Extra Musica NH to release the EP Conduit A tenir (sp) because they have also been sleeping lately.

Seben_Maniac #14 on: August 21, 2023, 14:31

• View Profile
“You used to dance Bokoko, but now another banger!”  I cracked up when I heard that. You gotta be kidding me lol he’s so out of touch with his music it’s not even funny