Author Topic: THAT TIME FLAMME TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT  (Read 3841 times)

Congomusiclover001 on: April 07, 2018, 22:56

• View Profile
Someone tells you Flamme Kapaya is the public square with a band! You leave everything you were doing to go to the square only for him to sing songs and pLays riffs you couldn't relate to. Rocking and rolling them..lol You could see the disappointment on peoples' faces. Flamme was smart about it, he pulled them in with his popular riffs then unleashed revolutionary songs on them....

I'm sure he's found happiness in the church but his secular work will always speak for him.

Wenge1995 #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:40

• View Profile
Had he made a gradual shift in style, perhaps the reception to his recent work would of faired better. But he is still highly respected in my opinion.

Matebu #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:37

• View Profile
lol, yeah. Nobody was feeling that Banningsville album at all- so weird. The 2,3 songs that were traditional rhumba-sebene were really good though.

faithandwar #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:42

• View Profile
On the real though... he could totally make a band like Funkadelic or Fishbone in the US and it could work. But that's far left from the Congolese audience lol.

Wenge1995 #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:59

• View Profile
@Matebu

I don't know what Kapaya was thinking with that album lol

Jdog #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:10

• View Profile
Knowing who Flamme is I would've been mad and left that concert with all that rock n roll nonsense. Haha the crowd was not into it at all.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:44

• View Profile
Knowing who Flamme is I would've been mad and left that concert with all that rock n roll nonsense. Haha the crowd was not into it at all.

I would've booed him off the stage honestly. Imagine if he tried that at Zamba Playa... The tough crowd there would've crucified him before he finished his set ;D ;D

Seben_Maniac #7 on: April 09, 2018, 07:41

• View Profile
He's been wasting his talent ever since he left WMM. There must be some reason why he won't come back or create music he's good at.

Congomusiclover001 #8 on: April 09, 2018, 16:24

• View Profile
Flamme is leaving most music lovers yearning for his return but something tells me he's not coming back. Those pastors will make sure that he doesn't look back. At the end of the day, he's easily in Top Ten if not Five best Solist Congo produced.

archos #9 on: April 09, 2018, 17:13

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 lol flamme was targetting french and worldwide festivals with that style of music different from what he usually gave us
by the way he did a (not too long and clear enough for me) video to apologize about his double head guitar named madame jacqueline( supposedly a name of a siren i heard in several videos of ex-satanists gone christian) and which he took out from a coffin