Author Topic: Wenge - Kin E Bouge  (Read 2756 times)

J Silu on: June 11, 2020, 16:32

• View Profile
Aah why not starting a new thread and ask about the song.

This the original version of Kin E Bougé, which had to be released in 1986 along with the other songs they recorded at Studio Veve, having Zing Zong on the lead (before went to Europe)It was dedicated Papy Kimbi and Soul Gbemani.Then after the arrestation of 1989, when they tried to get in Europe, JB modified the lyrics to sing about that incident. From then they started to sing it in concert and recorded it in 1991, in 1992 they made a remix-version called Le Monde est Méchant as diss song against Wenge El Paris. After that JB decided to record the first couplets of the original Kin E Bougé as No Conment Schengen adding other couplets (Malé, Malé & Ah Amida, etc.) plus de new sebene of Alain Makaba in the Pentagone-album.

I see and Lool ah I didn't want to create a new thread incase someone sends me a link to an old thread to check. So just to be safe I'd rather ask in here lol but since I have a lot of questions to ask I've decided to create a new thread from your suggestion.

1. Wenge's first album is bouger bouger which came out in 1988? But they had music out in 1986? So they made their first public appearance in 1986?.

2. The kin e Bouge remix wasn't released on any albums right? I'm currently listening to this version now. Woooow.

Which album did wenge el Paris attack wenge 4x4 with?

Pablo01 #1 on: June 11, 2020, 17:52

• View Profile

Le Monde à L'Envers

Mfumu Vata #2 on: June 11, 2020, 18:05

• View Profile
Aah why not starting a new thread and ask about the song.

This the original version of Kin E Bougé, which had to be released in 1986 along with the other songs they recorded at Studio Veve, having Zing Zong on the lead (before went to Europe)It was dedicated Papy Kimbi and Soul Gbemani.Then after the arrestation of 1989, when they tried to get in Europe, JB modified the lyrics to sing about that incident. From then they started to sing it in concert and recorded it in 1991, in 1992 they made a remix-version called Le Monde est Méchant as diss song against Wenge El Paris. After that JB decided to record the first couplets of the original Kin E Bougé as No Conment Schengen adding other couplets (Malé, Malé & Ah Amida, etc.) plus de new sebene of Alain Makaba in the Pentagone-album.

I see and Lool ah I didn't want to create a new thread incase someone sends me a link to an old thread to check. So just to be safe I'd rather ask in here lol but since I have a lot of questions to ask I've decided to create a new thread from your suggestion.

1. Wenge's first album is bouger bouger which came out in 1988? But they had music out in 1986? So they made their first public appearance in 1986?.

2. The kin e Bouge remix wasn't released on any albums right? I'm currently listening to this version now. Woooow.

Wenge already existed since 1979 as Celio Star and in 1981 it became Wenge Musica because the football team. I will not go in the detail, because that story is long. But it was not a real band, it they just youngsters playing selfmade with instruments at the street and people of the quarter watching to them. From 1983 they started to perform during summer holidays with proper electric instruments and mics. From 1985 started really to give concerts and peforming as "premiere partie" for bands like Choc Stars and Viva La Musica. The same year they had their sortie officiel at Olympia-bar in Bandalungwa. In 1986 they decided to record an album of 5 songs which had the songs of Aime Buanga, Zing Zong, Werrason, Blaise Bula and JB Mpiana. But it got never released on the market. There are some songs of that album on youtube.

In 1987 they made their first television appearence at Studio Maman Ngebi, just after that they went to studio Bobongo where they recorded the Bouger Bouger-album, but the album wasn't then not released. Nevertheless, the press would vote them as "Revelation de l'Annee" of 1987. Shortly after that they managed with help from Defao to release the album. On the original album-cover of Bouger Bouger you see "Revelation de l'Annee" being writing above. In 1989 they released a remix/medley-version of the Bouger Bouger, called Live, having the new atalaku Ekokota on it.

Le Monde est Mechant had to be part on Pleins Feux-album, but that album was blocked by Saddam Kongolo Mobutu. So they decided to record it again in Brazzaville at studio IAD, releasing it as a single.

Marie Paul sung against them in the song Fidelite Sens Unique (also known as Bako Juger) in the album Nganga Nzambe. Because he felt betrayed for the way the treated him, after supporting Ricoco. After the reaction of Le Monde est Mechant, Marie Paul came with Le Monde Envers. Where he explained that Wenge don't belong to them but to Zing Zong, Belis Mfumu Luvutula, Domi Wenge (who gave the name Wenge), etc. (He didn't mention Aime Buanga, because they were in conflict at that time). In the same period he predicted the split of Wenge 4x4 and held a big event at Stade de 20 Mai before the recordings of Le Monde Envers also known as Armageddon. Then when Wenge split, he came proud on tv, to say that he was right. Shortly after that he held a big concert at Palais du Peuple and two weeks after that again at Stade de 20 Mai (since that many people couldn't attend his event at Palais du Peuple, because of the way it was crowded).

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 18:08 by Mfumu Vata »

faithandwar #3 on: June 12, 2020, 20:00

• View Profile
I really wished that there was a mini-series like for Wenge Musica on a format like Netflix. It would have to be condensed because of the multiple stories and split factions but it would be a joy to watch if it was well written, produced, and directed.