Author Topic: Question: what do you think is the cause of the Koffi and PW conflict  (Read 3552 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: March 07, 2017, 02:27

• View Profile
What do guys think was the cause of the rift between Koffi Olomide and Papa wemba?

Go ahead and say your opinion.

masatomo #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:54

• View Profile
I always wonder myself what was the reason of their fall out. They had their first fall out from 93 to 96 during the Noblesse Oblige/Magie/V12 era. Wemba responded in Foridoles and Pôle Position they squashed it in 1996 and they recorded the classic Wake Up album.

The conflict resurged in 1998 when the dancers from Nouvelle Écriture started to laugh at the dancers of Quartier Latin because of the way Koffi was treating them in Europe. They were living in one appartment and have to ask authorization to go out. Meanwhile Bendoson started to date Nono Diamant which angered Koffi and pleased Wemba. That's what I heard.

Maybe it's the reason why Papa Wemba and Nouvelle Écriture started to diss a Koffi who was then hurted by the split up with the Academia guys in Fula Ngenge. Koffi respond in Attentat by throwing shots at Wemba himself or by using Babia,CNN and co.

But that beef was very tense from 1998 to 2001. I remember years ago there was a video on YouTube of Clubs des stars with Thierry Pinzi where Nouvelle Ecrita (Apocalypse) and QLI were invited to do play backs. And Apoca started to diss them and Fally,Gipson and Jordan responded to him very hard. Especially Jordan lol.

mvulusi96 #2 on: March 09, 2017, 11:27

I always wonder myself what was the reason of their fall out. They had their first fall out from 93 to 96 during the Noblesse Oblige/Magie/V12 era. Wemba responded in Foridoles and Pôle Position they squashed it in 1996 and they recorded the classic Wake Up album.

The conflict resurged in 1998 when the dancers from Nouvelle Écriture started to laugh at the dancers of Quartier Latin because of the way Koffi was treating them in Europe. They were living in one appartment and have to ask authorization to go out. Meanwhile Bendoson started to date Nono Diamant which angered Koffi and pleased Wemba. That's what I heard.

Maybe it's the reason why Papa Wemba and Nouvelle Écriture started to diss a Koffi who was then hurted by the split up with the Academia guys in Fula Ngenge. Koffi respond in Attentat by throwing shots at Wemba himself or by using Babia,CNN and co.

But that beef was very tense from 1998 to 2001. I remember years ago there was a video on YouTube of Clubs des stars with Thierry Pinzi where Nouvelle Ecrita (Apocalypse) and QLI were invited to do play backs. And Apoca started to diss them and Fally,Gipson and Jordan responded to him very hard. Especially Jordan lol.

Bendoson didn't date Nono Ba Diamants, he dated Fifi Busa.

Papa Wemba didn't Koffi Olomide in Foridoles. The song Foridoles was meant for the ex' Viva La Musica musicians Luciana Demingongo, Awilo Longomba, Lidjo Kwempa, Fafa de Molokai, Boss Matuta, etc. who went to create the band "Nouvelle Generation de La Republique Democratique".

The conflict between Wemba and Koffi started, when Koffi heard that Wemba slept with Rosette Kamono. Koffi then wrote the song Andrada against Papa Wemba. But they quickly reconciled with each other during the Wake-Up days. But things went wrong during the recordings, when Koffi didn't want to share the money he got from the "mabanga's" with Wemba. Which made Wemba angry, because he sung people for free. Then their staffs started to gossip, which made he conflict worser.
Then when Koffi came to Olympia they mocked Papa Wemba that his female dancers ran away after the first tour. With Koffi also throwing some shots to Wemba in an interview with Zacharie Bababaswe after Olympia. With in the conflict becoming more worser in the months after. With Bendoson and co creating the "mutu-nguba" animation, when he prepared the Zenith '99-show. While there was a reconciliation planned behind the scene and Koffi asking for forgiveness during an interview with Paulin Mukendi. Koffi responed then very hard with the song Malanda Ngombe and Nul n'est Parfait.

I remember that Koffi was very angry that Wemba mocked his elder brother Didi (R.I.P.) during his Olympia-show.

archos #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
another cause of conflict is the fact koffi did not appreciate  how wazekwa who worked with him went to work with wemba on foridoles and pole position and that  those albumsmade wemba bounce back while they were rivals
wazekwa often says that even some viva  musicians were pissed about how those foridoles songs(bar bravo cathy which was by asta paola if i remember well) got wemba back on a high