Author Topic: RIP Aurlus Mabele  (Read 10995 times)

Drumstar98 #15 on: March 20, 2020, 16:31

• View Profile
4 albums I loved from Aurlus

Stop Arrettez (1992)
Qui Dit Mieux? (1996)
Tour De Controle (1998)
Dossier X (2000)

Matebu #16 on: March 20, 2020, 16:43

• View Profile
4 albums I loved from Aurlus

Stop Arrettez (1992)
Qui Dit Mieux? (1996)
Tour De Controle (1998)
Dossier X (2000)

Add Fiesta D'or (2001) then you got my top 5 from him. He put out lots of good quality music; definitely helped me get through tough times in my life

Drumstar98 #17 on: March 20, 2020, 16:55

• View Profile
Fiesta D'Or was a good one as well it was more of a remix from his 1997 album Protiene 4/4.

masantula #18 on: March 20, 2020, 19:07

• View Profile
To God we belong and to Him is our return, :-[ :-[

Iam speechless!!
Team BCBG "the machine of music"

jeantwatwa #19 on: March 20, 2020, 20:00

• View Profile
I grew up in london and America listening to Loketo, his music always took me back to the joyful motherland especially with the guitar genius Caen Madoka. RIP buddy, you've done your part.

Congomusiclover001 #20 on: March 20, 2020, 23:21

• View Profile
I couldn't wait to make it to Alliance Francaise back in the day in Nigeria to Binge on Aurlus Mabele's videos. He was Le tenant du titre at the time. Most Africans outlet to Congolese Music before Awilo Rest in Peace Le Grand Gourba...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 23:24 by Congomusiclover001 »

Bohemian Rhapsody #21 on: March 21, 2020, 01:43

• View Profile
Oh man, this is very devastating news! Makambo monene!!!

This guy along Loketo in the 80s and 90s really ruled the airwaves in the Afro diaspora.

The Loketo - Choc a Distance album along with Embargo and Stop Arretez features some of the greatest guitar playing from Dally Kimoko!

Featuring Caen Madoka

Featuring Nene Tchakou on Guitar!

Live in Congo!

Saladin on Guitar!

ZamundaPrince #23 on: March 21, 2020, 13:09

• View Profile
Just as a point of curiosity, I haven't seen any mention of Aurlus' passing on social media platforms of many Congolese artists. The likes of Werra, Ferre, Koffi, Fally, Fabro... It's kinda odd given the stature of Aurlus Mabele in the African continent and outside as well.

CM PRINCE #24 on: March 21, 2020, 13:17

• View Profile
Just as a point of curiosity, I haven't seen any mention of Aurlus' passing on social media platforms of many Congolese artists. The likes of Werra, Ferre, Koffi, Fally, Fabro... It's kinda odd given the stature of Aurlus Mabele in the African continent and outside as well.
Fally mentioned it on his Instagram story I think it was yesterday or the day before

Mkaya #25 on: March 23, 2020, 07:35

• View Profile
@ Mfumu Vatarun, Archos and other rhumba encyclopidia in here. Kindly assist me to under how Mabele (RIP) managed to make Avanse Lokete his theme song.
I first heard this song from the album Kanda Ya Nini by Empire Bakuba. Did Aurlus participate in the studio recording of the song with Empire Bakuba?

Kizito #26 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24

• View Profile

I think the congolese based Musicians did not appreciate Paris based Musicians, when Kanda Bongo Man was attracting record crowds in East Africa, Bozi Boziana toured Tanzania and when asked about Kanda Bongo Man he said nobody knows him in Congo. Is that true? that the Soukous legends like Kanda and Mabele were not known in Congo? 

Mfumu Vata #27 on: March 23, 2020, 12:06

• View Profile

I think the congolese based Musicians did not appreciate Paris based Musicians, when Kanda Bongo Man was attracting record crowds in East Africa, Bozi Boziana toured Tanzania and when asked about Kanda Bongo Man he said nobody knows him in Congo. Is that true? that the Soukous legends like Kanda and Mabele were not known in Congo?

Yes, its true. They weren't know in Dr Congo. The few who knew them in Kinshasa, didn't like them, because they saw them as people who tried to kill the authentic Congolese music. Koffi once openly attacked in a video for that. Aurlus Mabele was known in Brazzaville, because they were proud to have finally  a big star who was defending their colors, after the old generation of les Bantou de la Capitals. But the population didn't really like the music, because they saw it as the fast, weird, the lyrics being very basic and not real pure Congolese music.

from 2:19 min

Kizito #28 on: March 23, 2020, 12:49

• View Profile
Thank you very much Mfumu, I think the Paris Based Musicians dominated in late 80s and early 90s because, the local congolese music was not circulated in other parts of Africa. Pepe Kale managed to keep pace with the Parisians because he used them as session musicians, most of Pepe Kale Albums of late 80 had Diblo, Dally and Locasa playing guitars. It was until 1993 when Kalayi Boeing was released that the dominance of Paris based Musicians was broken. Kine Bouge which was recorded in 1991 was first head in Tanzania after Kalayi Boieng and I was surprised to learn that Aurlus Mabele copied the entire animation of Ngouma Maguy in Elephant Ambiance which was very popular here in 1992.

Kizito #29 on: March 23, 2020, 12:56

• View Profile

Elephant  Ambiance.