Author Topic: IS THERE A NAME FOR THIS STYLE OF SINGING?  (Read 2975 times)

Manzambi94 on: September 19, 2021, 00:36

• View Profile

3:38

It is weird but it flows, why do Lola Muana always sings like that tho? And why after leaving Koffi he didn't make an orchestra of his own, instead of joining Zaiko, which is wayyyyy out.of his league age wise? Like I don't understand why Vangeurard and Lola.Muana joined Zaiko with all the bands available to join tbh

Mfumu Vata #1 on: September 19, 2021, 00:51

• View Profile
He just followed the style of his dad Dindo Yogo who used to sing in Viva La Musica, Langa Langa Stars and Zaïko Langa Langa. Having hitssongs like Mokili Echanger, Bolingo Etumbu, La Vie est Heureuse, Tantine Betena, Liwa yo Moyibi, etc. on his name.

Lola Muana formed his own band after leaving Quartier Latin in 2003. He even released a solo album Affaire Sylvie. But the album flopped. Back at that time it wasn’t to be a solo-artist, having Wemge Maison Mère, Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecriture & Wenge BCBG dominating the musicscene.

In 2005 he tried to join Wenge Maison Mère, but got a big 12 during his test, while a fans wanted him in Maison Mère as revenge for the way Koffi recruited Ferre. After some months he got contacted by Andre Kimbuta to join Zaïko Langa Langa. André Kimbuta wanted to get Zaïko Langa Langa back in Kinshasa, since that he and his friends didn’t had a band their generation in Kinshasa and Zaïko being stuck in Europe because of the ngulu-affair. Lola Muana first refused, but after some weeks he accepted the offer. He and Oncle Bapius then started recruiting musicians in Kinshasa (Vaugerard, Bijou Bass, Tshotsho Mataba, etc.), calling them “Les Gunners de Zaïko” and started to have concerts for PPRD political campaign. Not after that he got in Europe with Oncle Bapius and got officially presented as Zaïko-member.

Lola Muana left Zaïko shortly after the end of the US-tour and lives in the US right. He sometimes performs with Shells Mputu

Longbluesquid #2 on: September 19, 2021, 02:24

• View Profile
Man I dont understand how the album he had flopped. It was very good!

Congomusiclover001 #3 on: September 19, 2021, 07:09

• View Profile
Man I dont understand how the album he had flopped. It was very good!

I bought that CD when it came out. I liked it at first,but then the snare drum started to get to me. it sounded like a real drum and it overshadowed the whole album. But overall if was a good album with the two atalakus.

Manzambi94 #4 on: September 19, 2021, 22:10

• View Profile
He just followed the style of his dad Dindo Yogo who used to sing in Viva La Musica, Langa Langa Stars and Zaïko Langa Langa. Having hitssongs like Mokili Echanger, Bolingo Etumbu, La Vie est Heureuse, Tantine Betena, Liwa yo Moyibi, etc. on his name.

Lola Muana formed his own band after leaving Quartier Latin in 2003. He even released a solo album Affaire Sylvie. But the album flopped. Back at that time it wasn’t to be a solo-artist, having Wemge Maison Mère, Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecriture & Wenge BCBG dominating the musicscene.

In 2005 he tried to join Wenge Maison Mère, but got a big 12 during his test, while a fans wanted him in Maison Mère as revenge for the way Koffi recruited Ferre. After some months he got contacted by Andre Kimbuta to join Zaïko Langa Langa. André Kimbuta wanted to get Zaïko Langa Langa back in Kinshasa, since that he and his friends didn’t had a band their generation in Kinshasa and Zaïko being stuck in Europe because of the ngulu-affair. Lola Muana first refused, but after some weeks he accepted the offer. He and Oncle Bapius then started recruiting musicians in Kinshasa (Vaugerard, Bijou Bass, Tshotsho Mataba, etc.), calling them “Les Gunners de Zaïko” and started to have concerts for PPRD political campaign. Not after that he got in Europe with Oncle Bapius and got officially presented as Zaïko-member.

Lola Muana left Zaïko shortly after the end of the US-tour and lives in the US right. He sometimes performs with Shells Mputu

I see. He did right to leave tbh, knowing how much Congolese musiciams struggle staying in USA is the right choice. Does him and Ya Jossart still habe good relationships? Or they are totally no contact

Mfumu Vata #5 on: September 19, 2021, 23:02

• View Profile
He went with Zaiko back to kinshasa when finishing the US-Tour. But went after a few months back to the USA without informing Nyoka Longo, which made Nyoka Longo furious, because they had to prepare something recording or big event (I don't remember anymore).

I don't think that talk, Nyoka often spent years without talking to someone when holding a grudge.

jeantwatwa #6 on: September 20, 2021, 20:46

• View Profile
I was always fond of his father Dindo Yogo, Mokili exchanger is a Congolese classic right up there with Ebale Ya Zaire.

But, Lola Muana... everytime he sings I'm reminded of a sick goat. Maybe he tries too hard to imitate the father.

Manzambi94 #7 on: September 20, 2021, 23:50

• View Profile
I was always fond of his father Dindo Yogo, Mokili exchanger is a Congolese classic right up there with Ebale Ya Zaire.

But, Lola Muana... everytime he sings I'm reminded of a sick goat. Maybe he tries too hard to imitate the father.

Ahahahahahah. Come on bro. Poor Lola

jeantwatwa #8 on: September 21, 2021, 06:36

• View Profile

Ahahahahahah. Come on bro. Poor Lola

lol, just facts bro. Even Lola's brother does a better job of the "La Voix Cassée" style of singing.

archos #9 on: September 21, 2021, 11:30

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lola went back to states because his girl was about to have a baby so it could have helped him also get papers which would help him like tony gattuso for example come to kin and go back when he wants
but i saw a recent interview of him saying that he is tired of performing for peanuts because ya jossart is his father,if he goes back they have to sign a contract,knowing ya jossart he's gone forever lol ya jossart is a sniper super quite but kebaaaaaa

Manzambi94 #10 on: September 27, 2021, 18:39

• View Profile
lola went back to states because his girl was about to have a baby so it could have helped him also get papers which would help him like tony gattuso for example come to kin and go back when he wants
but i saw a recent interview of him saying that he is tired of performing for peanuts because ya jossart is his father,if he goes back they have to sign a contract,knowing ya jossart he's gone forever lol ya jossart is a sniper super quite but kebaaaaaa

To be honest one of the reason we will struggle to advance is this. Leader of older age believe that you working for them, making hard work by writing music and recruiting people is something that you should do free because "I" the Leader gave you a chance. I am glad Lola Mwana out. I hope he can get his life back in track and be stable.