Author Topic: Aurlus Mabele - Tour De Controle Credits (1998)  (Read 632 times)

Drumstar98 on: January 20, 2023, 22:21

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #1 on: January 21, 2023, 00:17

• View Profile
When I saw Didier Lacoste's name I was confused until I realized that it was Didier Anaconda who was using the same stagename like Lacoste until joining Wenge Tonya Tonya in Kinshasa and being forced to change his name when Didier Lacoste joined them a few months later. Anaconda was lucky to leave Tonya Tonya in Europe, because he came to Kinshasa without having papers like JDL, Richard Mukena and Shulay. JF Ifongé and Christian Lema were the only Europe-based musicians that came to Europe with having papers

Late Didier Mbole was less lucky. Being a former member of SVP la Gamme like Shella Mputu, Didier Lacoste, Musika-sika and co, seeing how they had succes in Europe he wanted, also to enjoy the fame and decided to join Tonya Tonya in Europe. He went to Kinshasa without having papers and when he came everything started to go wrong with Adolphe's band until he left. He tried everything to get back in Europe but it didnt work. Years later he tried to bring SVP la Gamme back. Him keeping thinking about the past and the way he started to suffer in Kinshasa made him get a stroke. He became paralyzed because of his stroke and not long after that he passed away.

I never paid attention to him until someone started to talk about him in youtube-comments about Europe-musicians in Kinshasa. But still not having a clue. Then in the same period went Brussels to visit my cousin, who used to be a musician in Belgium and he explaining to me who he was and showing me him dancing in the videoclips of Adolphe's 25 Minutes "Jugement Dernier" with guys who were way younger than him.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: January 21, 2023, 17:00

• View Profile
I didn't follow Aurlus Mabele. But what was the reason Aurlus Mabele abandoning Soukous to make Ndombolo-music ? Was it because of Ndombolo starting to take over in Africa,  Soukous being past and Aurlus wanting the follow the trend ? Or was he was aiming to have a band in Brazzaville like the way Koffi Olomidé had Quartier Latin in Kinshasa instead of being Paris based ?

Drumstar98 #3 on: January 21, 2023, 17:21

• View Profile
I didn't follow Aurlus Mabele. But what was the reason Aurlus Mabele abandoning Soukous to make Ndombolo-music ? Was it because of Ndombolo starting to take over in Africa,  Soukous being past and Aurlus wanting the follow the trend ? Or was he was aiming to have a band in Brazzaville like the way Koffi Olomidé had Quartier Latin in Kinshasa instead of being Paris based ?

I was asking myself the same question it could be that Soukous was out of fashion and Ndombolo was dominating the music scene I mean...other soukous artists such Djunny Claude and Damien Aziwa followed the Ndombolo trend.

Mkaya #4 on: January 23, 2023, 11:10

• View Profile

In Empire Bakuba album that had the original Kanda ya Nini song by Papy Tex, there was a song Avanse Loketo that was credited to Pape Kalle. Would like to know whether Aurlus ever featured in Empire Bakuba as this hit was used by Mabele later to launch his Loketo trademark. Any clarifications will be appreciated.