Author Topic: NON ENGLISH POSTS  (Read 12486 times)

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on: January 28, 2015, 09:36

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello guys
Am back after a 3 week break away in Africa. I  have noticed an increase in posts that are not in English, i have made several appeals that we desist from posting without a brief translation so i say it again, if you have no time to translate then don't post it or it will be removed, even saying ''translation later'' will not help because there are several posts i have seen with ''translation later'' but no translation has been done weeks and months on.
LE BIG BOSS

SacaryBagna #1 on: January 28, 2015, 16:59

• View Profile
Thanks Sly, I second that.

It will help build a more inclusive Forum.

Jdog #2 on: January 28, 2015, 17:06

• View Profile
If I'm wrong tell me but eveytime I put "translation later" I always put atleast some type of summary whether that be in a couple of hours or the next day.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: January 28, 2015, 18:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, you sometimes do Jdog,usually a line or two. Please note that you're not the only one, I have noticed 2 others who keep doing it that's why I am not mentioning names.
LE BIG BOSS

Kinois #4 on: January 28, 2015, 18:06

• View Profile
I concur DJ SLY. We really need translations or at least a summary. 

Jdog #5 on: January 28, 2015, 21:13

• View Profile
Yes, you sometimes do Jdog,usually a line or two. Please note that you're not the only one, I have noticed 2 others who keep doing it that's why I am not mentioning names.
The others don't even put a summary up, they just post the video.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

JV “Lone Ranger” #6 on: January 30, 2015, 19:25

• View Profile
if you have no time to translate then don't post it or it will be removed

chill...you sound like a dictator

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: January 31, 2015, 16:55

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Yeah, I don't give a shit what you think, I need sanity on the forum, if I wanted I would have made it a lingala forum but no, it's English for a reason.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #8 on: January 31, 2015, 17:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
guys please calm down i think the person who posted the most without translation recently(not saying this in a bad way) is our brother romeo who i think does not understand lingala well and even puts the topic titles exactly like video title
i think us lingala speakers need to help him out for translation when we can and its fine,lets not make too big a deal of it...

JV “Lone Ranger” #9 on: January 31, 2015, 18:10

• View Profile

Yeah, I don't give a shit what you think, I need sanity on the forum, if I wanted I would have made it a lingala forum but no, it's English for a reason.

Dude why you getting emotional over posts....chill it's not that serious love
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 18:11 by JValentino »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #10 on: January 31, 2015, 18:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dude why you getting emotional over posts....chill it's not that serious love
You're literally calling me a dictator and you expect me to applaud, what planet are you on?
Mine was a friendly reminder for everyone to make an effort to give a summary of what is being said if a post or video is in lingala. The forum has been littered with too many threads in french and lingala yet there's a only a few of us here who understand lingala and only a handful understand french. People always complain to me in private messages and on the board so as admin of the forumi had to give another friendly warning, you simply picked one line from my statement and compared me to a dictator which was disrespectful.
LE BIG BOSS

Kinois #11 on: January 31, 2015, 20:20

• View Profile
DJ SLY...you know you ain't no dictator and Thank you for advocating for us we really really Appreciate you.

Roméo Seben #12 on: January 31, 2015, 20:40

• View Profile
Again archos said it all ,  but the message is passed .

When i came in this forum i want to share music video , interview etc but yeah i'm limited in my ability to do a summary or translation. So if people are not happy , i will not post video in lingala and other languages i don't understand.

archos #13 on: January 31, 2015, 20:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

When i came in this forum i want to share music video , interview etc but yeah i'm limited in my ability to do a summary or translation. So if people are not happy , i will not post video in lingala and other languages i don't understand.

or if you want to can pm videos you want to post so i will try a little summary going with the video

Roméo Seben #14 on: January 31, 2015, 21:34

• View Profile

or if you want to can pm videos you want to post so i will try a little summary going with the video

Thanks Archos.