Author Topic: CREATING A CONGOVIBES'S INSTAGRAM  (Read 6995 times)

Manzambi94 on: August 03, 2016, 19:35

• View Profile
Searching on the net, I've seen that a lof of pages have instagram, facebook and youtube pages. I think that Congovibes is slowly getting bigger, and I think will be a great idea to create an Instagram, Facebook and Youtube page, so people will be more in touch with Congolese music the forum and maybe we will be able to break walls, what do you think of this Idea guys?.

Longbluesquid #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:35

• View Profile
I use instagram alot, very active on there. I do post quite a bit of album reviews. Starting some more of Congolese also. I think it will be fun.

Manzambi94 #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:09

• View Profile
Yes we could be in share with the artists and ourselves of forum as well and to the global world of net being able to have a chance to expand the influence of Congolese music outside of Africa and of African diaspora.

bencuri #3 on: August 04, 2016, 22:44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Searching on the net, I've seen that a lof of pages have instagram, facebook and youtube pages. I think that Congovibes is slowly getting bigger, and I think will be a great idea to create an Instagram, Facebook and Youtube page, so people will be more in touch with Congolese music the forum and maybe we will be able to break walls, what do you think of this Idea guys?.

Unfortunately there is a small problem with maintaining such channels, that's why we didn't open them yet.

Youtube: Music videos are copyrighted by default. If we share them on a channel with our name, we can be reported for copyright violation, and the forum can be shut down. That would be a serious loss, so that's why maintaining a Youtube channel would only be possible if we would make our own videos. There are people on Youtube who created social channels and share Congolese music videos on it, that is pretty cool, but as soon are they will be noticed by Youtube, the whole channel will be shut down. We wouldn't like to risk the good standing of this forum by opening such channels.

Instagram: Though this is less obvious, but many photos circulating online are also copyrighted. They were shot by a news agency or an individual journalist, who released it somewhere, where it was copied from by somebody who shared it. Again, if our channel is ever spotted by the owner of such a photo, it will be sued right away and it can result in the closure of the forum as well.

Facebook: Having a Facebook profile might not hurt the  way described above, but practically it would behave like a separate forum. Facebook profile of communities are actually discussion boards. If we would open that, what would be the use of this forum? Moreover on Facebook we would have no access to the database of the discussions. That means if the profile is closed for any reason by Facebook (such things happened to this forum already), we cannot back up the discussion data from the archive, and have to start everything again from the beginning. In the past, there were cases when the enemies of this forum reported the site, and had it shut down and we had to start everything again from the beginning. We created this forum that now we maintain by ourselves, to avoid such things to happen in the future. This eninge that we use ensures that no matter if this site is ever reported, no data will be lost in case of a closure, and we can reload it any time to any new domain, and continue from where we stopped. If you run discussions on Facebook, this is not a possibility. So actually having a discussion board on Facebook is actually unprofessional and quite risky. This forum does have enemies who wants to have it shut down, so we have to consider such scenarios.

I can create a Facebook page however, where I can display information about the forum and direct people here. Photos on Instagram should be the job of the Congolese artists.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 22:51 by bencuri »

Longbluesquid #4 on: August 05, 2016, 04:21

• View Profile
We could do album reviews. That's not copyright. I do it all the time these days. We could use to promote a new single or album.

bencuri #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:41

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We could do album reviews. That's not copyright. I do it all the time these days. We could use to promote a new single or album.

Yeah, that is a good idea. Original content, made by us is always a good choice. I can give you the title "article writer" that Archos has, and whenever you post an article, it will appear in the list in the sidebar. Notify me if you want that.

If you would like to open an Instagram or Facebook page in connection with the forum, a possible way it could be done is that you open it as your own channel. Like you open a Facebook page called: "Fans of Congovibes", or "Longblueaquid's Congolese Page", or something like that. And we link the newest post here. The same way you can see it for Ambiance Congo. That is a blog run by someone else, but we link the newest posts from it on our sidebar on the front page. The same could be done with an Instagram account that you open. That way the forum would not be responsible for the content, because it was not uploaded by us, but it could be linked here, just like Youtube videos uploaded by others, that you frequently share here. This way it would do no harm for the status of the forum.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:43 by bencuri »

Longbluesquid #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:41

• View Profile
That's definitely a good idea. Hopefully the admin can think it is. I love writing about music.

bencuri #7 on: August 05, 2016, 19:13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am the admin, so it is.  ;D

Manzambi94 #8 on: August 06, 2016, 09:42

• View Profile
I am the admin, so it is.  ;D
:D you know I have started a topic like that, because when I was a teen and living in a close minded mentality like Italy I was the only guy listening to Werra JB etc even the Congolese and Angolan guy riding with me didn't want to listen any of that music, African music was seen like shit. So knowing that there is a forum like this with people who have a real passion of our music and goes so hard to share music and speak about ndombolo and rumba to me is very important I wish I had a forum likethat when I was a teen. Luckily now african music in Italy it's seen positively, you go to the club you hear azonto, ghanian music, ndombolo, kuduro. But I remember the hard times where I was a looner just to listen the music of my ancestrors.

bencuri #9 on: August 08, 2016, 11:00

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is strange because recently usually it is the opposite. Less and less Congolese music in bars, or at least less Congolese sound. I am glad it is not the same in Italy.

bencuri #10 on: August 17, 2016, 20:41

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's definitely a good idea. Hopefully the admin can think it is. I love writing about music.

Squid, check your private messages, I sent you a message about how to post an article. Reply the message if you have questions.