Author Topic: WOW SO KARMAPA IS OLDER THAN WAZEKWA DID NOT KNOW  (Read 13859 times)

archos on: February 14, 2014, 10:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No wonder he's so mature,his music shows that he's not in the league of all these younger musicians we see doing boring ballads,his music is rich.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
No wonder he's so mature,his music shows that he's not in the league of all these younger musicians we see doing boring ballads,his music is rich.

yeah his last album was an instant success in kinshasa he really kept the basics of rhumba
he looks really angry against koffi,never seen him like that

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:34

• Administrator
    • View Profile
yeah his last album was an instant success in kinshasa he really kept the basics of rhumba
he looks really angry against koffi,never seen him like that
I think all his albums are full of surprises, the man is talented. I love his album Le Temps de l'amour (2005) especially the song ''Wanga'' which ends with a nice sebene!!!
LE BIG BOSS

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:08

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just finished listening to the interview, for those who don't understand lingala,a brief summary here.

Le Karmapa has really ''shot'' at Koffi, saying he(Koffi) is little artistically, he's basically finished and wants to play like Karmapa that's why he always wants to steal Karmapa's musicians and he's always sending people to find out who does what for Karmapa and Karmapa says, koffi can afford to take all of his(Karmapa's) musicians but Quartier Latin's music will remain the same(poor) because he Karmapa writes and arranges his own music so is responsible for the music we hear from him not the musicians koffi wants to steal.
Karmapa insists that koffi is childish and thinks like a child and is infact he Karmapa sees Koffi like a child because of his poor reasoning and decisions he makes etc.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LE BIG BOSS

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh,forgot one thing,Karmapa closed by saying he is a proper Congolese child and has respect but Koffi behaves strange and not like a Congolese person. When asked about his anger, he said he's really angry but not threatening violence but he says he's a child of Matete community, if anyone attacked him physically, he can only lose if he's killed in the same fight meaning he's capable of beating Koffi clean. ;D ;D
LE BIG BOSS

masantula #6 on: February 14, 2014, 17:58

• View Profile
Team BCBG "the machine of music"

Ken Bilele #7 on: February 15, 2014, 14:14

• View Profile
What a fucking engagement now!!! What is happening here? If Karmapa is wise let him not talk too much because as he talks too much now people will start doubting him. If you start thinking of going physical at the age of 60's then you got a problem yourself.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: February 15, 2014, 14:23

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What a fucking engagement now!!! What is happening here? If Karmapa is wise let him not talk too much because as he talks too much now people will start doubting him. If you start thinking of going physical at the age of 60's then you got a problem yourself.
Basically the man is really angry and didn't want to talk much about Koffi, it's the stupid guy Mpiana conducting the interview who wanted to dwell so much on the Koffi issue and also asking him what he would do to koffi if they met and it's also the same chap who asked if he can beat up koffi but the old man did not respond directly, he said '' he's a Mwana Matete and he's not a quitter so cannot lose a battle till death.''
He's described Koffi exactly the way I have always described Koffi.
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #9 on: February 15, 2014, 14:39

• View Profile

[/quote]Basically the man is really angry and didn't want to talk much about Koffi, it's the stupid guy Mpiana conducting the interview who wanted to dwell so much on the Koffi issue and also asking him what he would do to koffi if they met and it's also the same chap who asked if he can beat up koffi but the old man did not respond directly, he said '' he's a Mwana Matete and he's not a quitter so cannot lose a battle till death.''
He's described Koffi exactly the way I have always described Koffi.
[/quote]

These so called journalists!! They fuel polemics themselves, in fact they try make a name out of these guys misfortunes. very stupid of them though.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #10 on: February 15, 2014, 17:55

• Administrator
    • View Profile
These so called journalists!! They fuel polemics themselves, in fact they try make a name out of these guys misfortunes. very stupid of them though.
Most of these chaps are not journalists,just ordinary chaps who have invested in some digital still and video cameras and they go round trying to find stories out of nowhere, this is the same chap that was interviewing Ferre's cousin and inciting him to talk shit about Ferre, he's just a street boy,just look scruffy he looks.
LE BIG BOSS

deanglo #11 on: February 15, 2014, 18:05

• View Profile
Koffi Olomide found financial success therefore he is a victim of jealousy from his fellow musicians. The name he took as his stage name and him recognizing all his lineage has served him well because a lot of people know him outside of Congo than Karmapa. I have Karmapa albums and videos and I enjoy them, he is a fine musician, however, he has not realized financial success as Koffi Olomide and I think it is making him angry. I love Koffi, I love Karmapa and others.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #12 on: February 15, 2014, 20:32

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Koffi Olomide found financial success therefore he is a victim of jealousy from his fellow musicians. The name he took as his stage name and him recognizing all his lineage has served him well because a lot of people know him outside of Congo than Karmapa. I have Karmapa albums and videos and I enjoy them, he is a fine musician, however, he has not realized financial success as Koffi Olomide and I think it is making him angry. I love Koffi, I love Karmapa and others.
No, I totally disagree with you, most of koffi's rivals enjoy a great amount of success and are equally rich and top be honest, I can tell you that Werrason and JB Mpiana are more popular than Koffi in Congo, Koffi rides on international success and past glory.

Koffi makes himself relevant on the scene because of the same non music related rivalry, his insatiable apetite to see his rivals without good musicians that's why he targets the best musicians from rivals and all he wants is to use them for a short time and then dump them,that's the reason why people don't like him,if he produced good music like he did back in the days things would be different and that's the difference between him and Werrason, they both like the idea of stealing musicians but Werra uses those stolen musicians effectively and Werra tries so hard to produce not so good but popular music every year and that's what Koffi doesn't like, he wonder why with all his money he can't be as successful as the others artistically.
LE BIG BOSS

deanglo #13 on: February 15, 2014, 21:55

• View Profile
DJ Sly, Forbes ranked Koffi Olomide at the top tier as one of Africa's richest artists and famous. I think they know something I don't. He definitely has invested wisely outside of Africa besides his real estates in Kinshasa. The type of language from Karmapa is quite uncalled for and shows enviousness and not that of rivalry.

archos #14 on: February 15, 2014, 22:00

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
DJ Sly, Forbes ranked Koffi Olomide at the top tier as one of Africa's richest artists and famous. I think they know something I don't. He definitely has invested wisely outside of Africa besides his real estates in Kinshasa. The type of language from Karmapa is quite uncalled for and shows enviousness and not that of rivalry.

I think karmapa talks like that because he is fed up, its been years that koffi is trying to unsettle him,nothing to do with money or so on, he  even insisted in many of those interviews he had massive respect for koffi but his behaviour is not normal towards him