Author Topic: In loving memory of Patrice Emery Lumumba  (Read 3319 times)

Paysan Congolais on: January 17, 2018, 11:59

• View Profile
Today is the day PE LUMUMBA was killed.

So let's remember him with music dedicated to him.

May His soul rest in peace.

His dream will come thru one day...

On a side note : nobody today can make song like these. They're busy only praising scammers and prostitutes.

Manzambi94 #1 on: January 17, 2018, 14:17

• View Profile
Congo lost his last hope...
Killed by the CIA with the help of his best friend.
I hope Congo will change one day

jeantwatwa #2 on: January 17, 2018, 18:31

• View Profile
I'm not a fan of Lumumba, I sincerely believe that at his core he was potentially corrupt as any African leaders of his day. I'm not convinced he would have taken Congo on path of prosperity had he remained in power. He was a great showman but a poor administrator, perhaps his greatest blunder was insulting the King of Belgium who had arrived as guest, that innate inability to be politically smart secured his demise and soured relations with Belgium.

Mobutu, was not perfect and yes he was very corrupt, but, I personally credit him with instilling pride in the Congolese people for natives languages and culture. I dare to say, without Mobutu, we not have contemporary Congolese Music.

Sorry if I insulted some of you, this is just my opinion

Paysan Congolais #3 on: January 17, 2018, 19:46

• View Profile
This is not a post against Mobutu. It's a post for Lumumba.

Lumumba died for the unity of Congo. He wasn't perfect but he had pride for his people and he loved his people. We can't blame him for things he did not do. Maybe he would've been corrupt in the future, but there is no sign of corruption in Lumumba short reign as Congo prime minister. Lumumba was an idealist. Too much for his own good, but he wasn't corrupted.

Yeah, Lumumba talked harshly to Beaudoin. However, if you look at the events that preceded that situation, you'll see that Belgium, and some of its congolese allies, did everything they could to insult Lumumba and to insult the new  sovereignty of Congo. That's why Lumumba reacted that way. Lumumba wasn't a crazy dog, like the belgian elite tried to portray him. 

Most congolese praise Mobutu for the national unity and pride. And I'm one of them. But people forget that Mobutu took those idea from Lumumba. Mobutu used to be Lumumba's sidekick. If it wasn't for Lumumba, Congo may not be united today. Lumumba was the first politician who lived as a congolese leader and not a tribal one. Lumumba should also be praised for congolese contemporary culture.

The last song I posted was commanded by Mobutu...