Author Topic: Archive; Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin - Live at FIKIN (1999)  (Read 3268 times)

Mfumu Vata on: May 07, 2021, 22:26

• View Profile

Kiekiekie Koffi wearing goalkeeper gloves and a skirt.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 22:53 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #1 on: May 07, 2021, 22:57

• View Profile
I see Alimia already getting this image and JF Ifonge explaining for the 10000th time that he used to sing for real in Quartier Latin and justifying himself with the story of the dancer about not singing in Attentat.

CM PRINCE #2 on: May 07, 2021, 23:11

• View Profile
Wth is up with that skirt Koffi's wearing?
But i've been wishing to see more concerts of QL in 1999 so I'm happy this got uploaded, this team was solid. 

Mfumu Vata #3 on: May 07, 2021, 23:16

• View Profile
He was just following the style of sapeurs (Ba Japonais) who were following the japanse-style and introduced the skirt. Adolphe was also of wearing skirts in concert of Wenge 4x4 and Maison Mere. Just watch the one of Equatoriale Guinea and that of Abidjan in 1997

Mfumu Vata #4 on: May 07, 2021, 23:22

• View Profile
There were to much musicians, you could easily form 3 strong teams with it. Yeah this team was solid. But at that time many were not really believing in this team (me also), people had still the image of Sam Tshintu, Mboshi, Somono, Lebou and Bouro in their mind. I think that that made Koffi often change the atalaku-section after every 2 album, to prevent a certain idenity.

It's weird to see Fofo le Collegien and Beniko Popolipo next to each other, while the rest (except Do Akongo) were young musicians.

Mopao195 #5 on: May 07, 2021, 23:31

• MM
    • View Profile
nice to see shopping performed live but it seems like people don't want to be there lol can someone give me some insight on Congolese crowd culture please

CM PRINCE #6 on: May 07, 2021, 23:35

• View Profile
There were to much musicians, you could easily form 3 strong teams with it. Yeah this team was solid. But at that time many were not really believing in this team (me also), people had still the image of Sam Tshintu, Mboshi, Somono, Lebou and Bouro in their mind. I think that that made Koffi often change the atalaku-section after every 2 album, to prevent a certain idenity.

It's weird to see Fofo le Collegien and Beniko Popolipo next to each other, while the rest (except Do Akongo) were young musicians.
True. But the amount of musicians Koffi had back then is average to the amount of musicians groups have now hahaha, Also it was difficult for 15 Singers to all share 6 mics. I hope to see more concerts of the Attentat era 1999/2000,

Grandpretre #7 on: May 07, 2021, 23:57

• View Profile
Wow first time i heard shopping in live.
Koffi had a wholesquad of guitarists

Wenge1995 #8 on: May 08, 2021, 03:36

• View Profile

Looking back, were you satisfied with the team he ultimately chose for Bercy and going forward? Was there anyone you felt was a passenger? Depitcho or Lola Muana could have been easily swapped out for Spino.

CM PRINCE #9 on: May 08, 2021, 14:12

• View Profile

Looking back, were you satisfied with the team he ultimately chose for Bercy and going forward? Was there anyone you felt was a passenger? Depitcho or Lola Muana could have been easily swapped out for Spino.
Loool what’s with people in this forum against Depitcho? Depitcho was great at Bercy choreography and charisma, along with Mamale and Champion he was the biggest star so it would’ve been almost impossible to leave him behind, did you not see the loud ovation he got when singing his vocal in Rond Point.
Spino had to get left behind all he could do was that salsa dance loool, if anyone should’ve got left behind I’d have swapped Jordan with Chikito.
Lola was also good at Bercy I just didn’t agree with him doing Soleil’s, Spino’s, Babia’s vocals in Number one.

archos #10 on: May 08, 2021, 15:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
oh my dayss brooo you just reminded me of spino's salsa  hahahaha who does that when dancing ndombolo :D :D :D :D

SoukousFan #11 on: May 11, 2021, 12:10

• View Profile
oh my dayss brooo you just reminded me of spino's salsa  hahahaha who does that when dancing ndombolo :D :D :D :D

That was always funny to me as well .... the 90s was truly some kind of decade