Author Topic: Koffi Olomidé - Bercy 2000 (Reportage France 2)  (Read 3831 times)

tyadm on: November 12, 2018, 23:54

• View Profile

At 31:46 !!!!!!!

GOOD VIEWING.

Matebu #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:49

• View Profile
I don't think a solo act in the genre will peak culturally among the disapora like Koffi did in that period of time. 

I expect an essay on how x artist did y :D :D, or what Wenge did but as someone who lived during that era and attended some concerts, I vividly remember the magnitude of his popularity when I was in in France, West Africa, and the US. Unfortunately we are quick to forget and things get lost in archives
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:50 by Matebu »

CM PRINCE #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:42

• View Profile
I don't think a solo act in the genre will peak culturally among the disapora like Koffi did in that period of time. 

I expect an essay on how x artist did y :D :D, or what Wenge did but as someone who lived during that era and attended some concerts, I vividly remember the magnitude of his popularity when I was in in France, West Africa, and the US. Unfortunately we are quick to forget and things get lost in archives
I 1000% agree with you on everything you just said.

Wenge1995 #3 on: November 13, 2018, 03:57

• View Profile
@Matebu

I disagree, brother. The main obstacle facing artist of this current generation is the lack of social networking needed to energize their fanbase to attract the specific corperate sponsorships needed to book concert halls like Koffi did back in 2000.

Prior to Attentat, Koffi had a long career of releasing solo albums that Congolese people were excited to hear. In fact, the music was so well produced that other African nationals could appreciate the craft of the music and clips despite not understanding the language.

The subsequent tours in Africa and Europe capitalized on that interest, which made his name know across the diaspora of Africans. This attracts corperate sponsors because they respect an artist that can generate a sizeable return on a relatively small financial investment...especially when you compare it to the multi-million dollars pumped into promoting the other European or American artists of his time that sold out the same concert venue.

As of now, Congolese music is spoiled with social media but we don't take full advantage of the advertising capabilities to push our music. Even though our music is still entertaining, the music and clips lack the creative spark to move mass excitement that investors can depend on long-term. As quickly as an album is released, it is forgotten.

Orchestras can barely function today since the business of music has reached a level of corruption that's too difficult to maintain, so artist quickly bounce from one group to another before launching a struggling solo career.

Paysan Congolais #4 on: November 16, 2018, 09:51

• View Profile

True. No one since has reached the same level of success in Africa.

As you said, we only remember things that happened 5 years ago.

archos #5 on: November 16, 2018, 10:18

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Talking about reports on france 2 does somebody remember the report on papa wemba's bercy where there was a sorcerer in the locker rooms and later a pastor aswell

mvulusi96 #6 on: November 16, 2018, 13:34

Talking about reports on france 2 does somebody remember the report on papa wemba's bercy where there was a sorcerer in the locker rooms and later a pastor aswell

I remember the sorcerer, but I didn’t notice the pastor. The same sorcerer was also on stage when Wemba made his entrance, but I wasn’t taking it serious. I thought that it was part of the show and that he was a member of the folkloric group. Those things didn’t help because Wemba’s Bercy wasn’t sold out like that of Koffi & Werrason. How was that possible ? Because the concert was on the new year-eve. Even JB’s Bercy had a bigger crowd. I remember that fanclubs were promoting that show strongly with t-shirts and posters, like they did with Zenith ‘99 and Koffi’s Bercy of 2000.

mvulusi96 #7 on: November 16, 2018, 13:52

I think that David Pudajas laughed very hard about those dances.

I noticed that Wemba’s and Koffi’s Bercy were the only shows who were showed on M6, France 2 and Canal+. While no one of the French press talked about Werra’s & JB’s concerts at Bercy only those diaspora tv and radiochannel MCM Africa & Africa N1. Was it bad marketing of both guys or didn’t they have a strong management and staff like Koffi Olomide & Papa Wemba ?

Koffi Olomide was even interviewed by French newspaper Liberation and TV5 before his show at Bercy. The same happened before performing at Olympia.