Author Topic: What is the name of the atalaku that animated for Didi Kalombo and Ferre Gola ?  (Read 419 times)

Mfumu Vata on: September 27, 2023, 19:46

• View Profile
What is the name of the atalaku that animated for Didi Kalombo's generique ? He also animated in Ferre Gola's album Sens Interdit in the song Folie d'Amour where he did the Kiyombe-folklore part along with Ferre before the sebene coming in. However, he wasn't credited in the credits.

from 4:31

It seems that the generique got deleted from youtube.

archos #1 on: September 27, 2023, 19:55

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Thats kilimandjaro you can notice he shouts out max zulema who is the older brother before bill and him

Mfumu Vata #2 on: September 27, 2023, 20:03

• View Profile
Ah okay. I thought that it was the same person, because friend of mine saying that it was the same guy animating for Ferre.

When Kilimanjaro joined BCBG, I thought that we would see a rivalery like Nono (Zaiko) vs Ditutala (Choc Stars) or Ekokota (Wenge) vs Beevans (QL). But Kilimanjaro didn't fulfill the exceptions people had of him to counter his brother Bill Clinton.

Wenge1995 #3 on: September 27, 2023, 20:25

• View Profile
Ah okay. I thought that it was the same person, because friend of mine saying that it was the same guy animating for Ferre.

When Kilimanjaro joined BCBG, I thought that we would see a rivalery like Nono (Zaiko) vs Ditutala (Choc Stars) or Ekokota (Wenge) vs Beevans (QL). But Kilimanjaro didn't fulfill the exceptions people had of him to counter his brother Bill Clinton.

I think being Bill Clinton's brother put too much pressure on him, because how do you follow up the guy that made us dance with the cries from Intervention Rapide Force to A La Queue Leu Leu?

At the same time, he had the same confidence as his brother in the interviews with BCBG. I remember he animated in like three different dialects during those VHS during their preperation for Bercy – the kid was a something. I think the passport situation that kept JB Mpiana's group out of Europe for five years is mostly responsible for him wasting his talent.

Mfumu Vata #4 on: September 27, 2023, 22:10

• View Profile
They presented him as his brother's rival and Kilimandjaro claiming in interviews that Bill Clinton used to steal his cri's. Fans excepted alot from him and thought that he would finish Bill, when JB Mpiana decided to bring him to Europe to add some cri's in Internet. Many making noise that the generique would be better than Operation Dragon, which was in their eyes just noise and that Kilimanjaro would correct Bill. But when the album came out, it wasn't the way people excepted, the generique failed, Kilimanjaro's participation was not big and his cri's failed. At Bercy, the concerts that followed and the tour of 2002, he also failed. There are some BCBG-fanatics who claim that Kilimanjaro was just lucky to be Bill Clinton's brother and that late Cellulaire was better than him and deserved to be at Bercy instead of him.

archos #5 on: September 27, 2023, 22:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

yeah thats actually kilimandjaro in both songs,i think he wanted so hard to have a different mature voice to bill that it went too rough
he must have smoked and drank very hard to get that voice

archos #6 on: September 27, 2023, 22:16

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think kilimandjaro was talented but got rushed into big stage without coaching,just based on being bill's brother or like late reagan just because of being very young
if he was coached like kerozene,he surely would have had a better career,and it was actually true that he gave some stuff to bill or more exactly that bill just took some of his work as they used to rehearse together him bill and cellulaire
i am sure if kilima did not appear at all  in bercy days and say went to replace bill in les marquis days werra who used to love coaching atalakus on almost daily basis would have got the best out of him(haha werra was crazy the guy was literally having spies to make sure bill is not going out to party in order to have his voice fresh so if bill moved he'd call bill and give clear indication that he knows where he is and bill would go back home without werra even asking just to avoid problem)

shamala #7 on: September 29, 2023, 06:42

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

archos #8 on: September 29, 2023, 08:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
he lives in france and sometimes belgium i heard he was trying to make a music comeback via an album in the future