Author Topic: Something about this particular song  (Read 378 times)

SLK97 on: February 15, 2023, 20:27

• View Profile

So I was listening to A La Queue Leu Leu, really taking the songs in. As I got to Calmement, I was less than a minute in when I realised something. This was the only other song on the album, apart from Ligne 11, without any musical backings from Al Nzimbi or Philippe Guez. Instead, you have Papy Kakol and Thierry Synthe playing throughout the entire song rather than just the sebene. Even the intro was different; it just cut to the chase instead of starting with any keyboards.

I'm saying this because having familiarised myself with Al and Philippe's arrangement styles, I could tell who played on which song in which period. Furthermore, they also played keyboard on top of live drums on albums from that period and earlier (Al arranged Kibuisa Mpimpa but Djudjuchet played on the rumba parts; Philippe played keyboards on Solola Bien with Djudjuchet being the drummer and Maika Munan arranging the songs), but I didn't hear any of their usual sounds on Calmement. This was an all-Maison Mere song, right down to the Zenith intro. For all I know, this was probably the first song recorded for the album.

Manzambi94 #1 on: February 15, 2023, 21:04

• View Profile

So I was listening to A La Queue Leu Leu, really taking the songs in. As I got to Calmement, I was less than a minute in when I realised something. This was the only other song on the album, apart from Ligne 11, without any musical backings from Al Nzimbi or Philippe Guez. Instead, you have Papy Kakol and Thierry Synthe playing throughout the entire song rather than just the sebene. Even the intro was different; it just cut to the chase instead of starting with any keyboards.

I'm saying this because having familiarised myself with Al and Philippe's arrangement styles, I could tell who played on which song in which period. Furthermore, they also played keyboard on top of live drums on albums from that period and earlier (Al arranged Kibuisa Mpimpa but Djudjuchet played on the rumba parts; Philippe played keyboards on Solola Bien with Djudjuchet being the drummer and Maika Munan arranging the songs), but I didn't hear any of their usual sounds on Calmement. This was an all-Maison Mere song, right down to the Zenith intro. For all I know, this was probably the first song recorded for the album.
Wow you are very smart bro, to be honest this song was different from the rest of the Sebens (Half rumba Half Geberique ) songs because it started like a Generique but then got into a rhumba but not a slow rhumba rather an aggressive one, which was what I have always liked about thisnsing, and about songs where Kakol clearly was the main composer you can always tell, because they have a very uptempo

Vibe like Fanatique Na Ngai the song he made with Kibinda Nkoyi and who later remade with Werra
At 00:20

also Bolingo Ya Sika

and Nzambe Aza Malamu the song he made in Ingeta and in Malewa

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 21:07 by Manzambi94 »