Author Topic: INFO ON POLEMIQUE  (Read 7082 times)

shamala on: September 21, 2014, 13:29

• View Profile
Anyone educate me in details
1. Actually what is polemique? What is its origin?
2. Why do polemique?
3.Does polemique really produce positive result ?
4.Is polemique real or meant for fans?
5. Is there something like non-violent polemique or all polemique are violent?
6. Are there rules to play by e.g. having stoogies?
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

shamala #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27

• View Profile
2. Why do polemique?

am still waiting! anyone?

Franco Pepe Kalle #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:52

• View Profile
Polemic can be controversy or beef of some sort. I guess it exists for personal and professional reasons.

KAISARI #3 on: September 24, 2014, 02:29

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
@ 20.40 Ngouma explains how/why these guys are pulling wool out of our eyes; polemic is just another form of promotion...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

shamala #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:59

• View Profile
@ 20.40 Ngouma explains how/why these guys are pulling wool out of our eyes; polemic is just another form of promotion...

Kaisari I wonder if this is counterproductive...money under the table , emissaries etc. The fans tend to believe that war is coming.
For the last few albums there was no polemique , why now? Is it that they have run out of steam that any publicity is good publicity?

At least i would prefer if the war was through music then they would step up their game.
Lastly it is so sad that they involve innocent family members...distasteful!

princesab #5 on: September 24, 2014, 06:48

• View Profile
POLEMIQUE = PUBLICITY STUNT = PROMOTION

archos #6 on: September 24, 2014, 09:26

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 but also polemique = sorting your private issues on tv in front of the whole world,at least in DRC
the true marketing polemic lasts like 1/10 of the time of a polemic,the rest of the time filled with unnecessary stuff

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: September 24, 2014, 13:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2. Why do polemique?
1. Polemique is literally just banter between musicians but it's evolved into something else. I don't know when it started but even on older songs you can hear that musicians even back like in the era of Zaiko and Viva La Musica etc used to have banter,you could hear lyrics in animation like '' we are better than them,they can't sing etc.'' If my memory serves me right Koffi Olomide and Papa Wemba can be said to be the ones who took it to a different level when they started singing whole songs slagging off each other indirectly.

2. Polemique these days can be rightly said as ''publicity stunts'' the aim is to get people to pay attention to your band.

3. Polemique works for those who know how to manage it for instance Ferre vs Fally,it's produced excellent results, can be said about Koffi vs Papa Wemba and JB vs Werra(back in the days)

4. Polemique is real and has escalated to a whole new dimension as now fans of bands actually clash and it turns violent.

5. Non violent polemique is the one like were musicians indirectly slag off each other or say in animation or interviews like ''we filled Bercy but others didn't,'' etc

6. There are no rules in polemique. Due to previous govt intervention(Maisha talks) most top musicians(apart from Koffi) no longer address each other directly or involve directly in polemique, they use their band members and spokesmen to talk on tv that way it's easy for the artist to claim that they did not authorise that interview or say the spokesman or stooge was speaking in his personal capacity,that's what I think.

LE BIG BOSS

shamala #8 on: September 24, 2014, 16:30

• View Profile
2. Why do polemique?
1. Polemique is literally just banter between musicians but it's evolved into something else. I don't know when it started but even on older songs you can hear that musicians even back like in the era of Zaiko and Viva La Musica etc used to have banter,you could hear lyrics in animation like '' we are better than them,they can't sing etc.'' If my memory serves me right Koffi Olomide and Papa Wemba can be said to be the ones who took it to a different level when they started singing whole songs slagging off each other indirectly.

2. Polemique these days can be rightly said as ''publicity stunts'' the aim is to get people to pay attention to your band.

3. Polemique works for those who know how to manage it for instance Ferre vs Fally,it's produced excellent results, can be said about Koffi vs Papa Wemba and JB vs Werra(back in the days)

4. Polemique is real and has escalated to a whole new dimension as now fans of bands actually clash and it turns violent.

5. Non violent polemique is the one like were musicians indirectly slag off each other or say in animation or interviews like ''we filled Bercy but others didn't,'' etc

6. There are no rules in polemique. Due to previous govt intervention(Maisha talks) most top musicians(apart from Koffi) no longer address each other directly or involve directly in polemique, they use their band members and spokesmen to talk on tv that way it's easy for the artist to claim that they did not authorise that interview or say the spokesman or stooge was speaking in his personal capacity,that's what I think.

Thanks Sly!