Author Topic: General Defao rehearsing with his musicians  (Read 3928 times)

mvulusi96 on: August 15, 2019, 15:57

Nice to see Theo Mbala towards the end and also Montana Kamenga.

EMOVICTEAM #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:01

• View Profile
This man will rise up....I am sure.

JV “Lone Ranger” #2 on: August 20, 2019, 14:05

• View Profile
This man will rise up....I am sure.

I hope so...This man knew how to entertain the crowd and sing. He killed ndombolo with his freestyles in concerts, man was a beast.

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #3 on: August 21, 2019, 16:45

• View Profile

I hope so...This man knew how to entertain the crowd and sing. He killed ndombolo with his freestyles in concerts, man was a beast.

If this man had stayed in Congo post 2000, I reckon that Burkina Faso would have toned on his nomadic lifestyle & stayed in Big Stars as the main guitarist. Montana wouldn't have gone to Koffi, Kabose wouldn't have gone to Werra, Theo Mbala wouldn't have gone to Bozi, Makuta, Renato, Lady Mbala, Claude and Padou Machine would not have settled in the UK.......Defao & Big Stars would have given Werrason a run for his money. It's a pity that he left the country just as he was on the cusp of something special & all we can imgine opf is what could have been. He lost his best years in exile and even if he comes back now, I do not believe that he will reach the levels he had pushed himself to around the new millenium.

Wenge1995 #4 on: August 21, 2019, 19:34

• View Profile
@Werrasonique de Zimbabwe

Burkina Faso has been in and out with Big Stars since the early 90s, that's just his nature. He doesn't stay in one place very long, he's a free spirited person (the more critical would call that not disciplined lol)

mvulusi96 #5 on: August 21, 2019, 22:37

I heard that he apparently didn't join Big Stars in early 90s, but that he was still a Choc Stars-member working on the same time at the Bobongo Studio and his participation to Defao's Amour Scolaire-EP (1992) being just a nzong-nzing at the Bobongo Studio like the way he participated to duo-album of Debaba & Madilu called Licencie Sans Fonction. But I don't know if its true, because I heard him other old Big-Stars albums.  I tought that someone would interview Burkina Faso in London to talk about his career how he started with Malembe Chant, how Roxy Tshimpaka helped him to become a better solist, etc. when those interviews of Ado Yuhe and Popol Mopasula were fire, but it didn't happen

The same guy said to me that he joined Big Stars for real in 1996 after leaving Wenge 4x4 for not being paid during the Pentagone-tour and him rejoining the band a year later because of the Wenge 4x4 looking for a good solist since that Japonais ran away in France and Alain Makaba wasn't living in Kinshasa anymore since 1994. But Burkina Faso's being Defao's favorite solist made him being invited on Copinage (1998), Tremblement de Terre (1998), Guerre de 100 Ans (1999) and Bana Congo vol. 1 & 2 (1999). 

mvulusi96 #6 on: August 21, 2019, 22:53

If this man had stayed in Congo post 2000, I reckon that Burkina Faso would have toned on his nomadic lifestyle & stayed in Big Stars as the main guitarist. Montana wouldn't have gone to Koffi, Kabose wouldn't have gone to Werra, Theo Mbala wouldn't have gone to Bozi, Makuta, Renato, Lady Mbala, Claude and Padou Machine would not have settled in the UK.......Defao & Big Stars would have given Werrason a run for his money. It's a pity that he left the country just as he was on the cusp of something special & all we can imgine opf is what could have been. He lost his best years in exile and even if he comes back now, I do not believe that he will reach the levels he had pushed himself to around the new millenium.

Theo Mbala already left Big Stars before it disbanned in 2000. He left the band somewhere in late 1998 and was replaced by Pecos who lives now in Canada. Pecos animated in Guerre de 100 Ans and Bana Congo.

Defao would have recruited new musicians if he decided still live in Congo, like he did in 1995 when all his musicians ran away in Europe. Because the whole band had already left Big Stars after performing in Laussane (Switserland) since that nobody wanted to go with him to Uganda which made him record Nessy de London on his own.