Author Topic: I just heard that Mimiche Bass passed away  (Read 11547 times)

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #15 on: January 24, 2020, 08:22

• View Profile
apparently he suffered a cardiac arrest....

An awful and untimely death........peace to his soul and may God grant him favours in heaven for all the beautiful musical memories at parties, weddings and nights that we had because of his participation in Maison Mere.

Mfumu Vata #16 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51

• View Profile

archos #17 on: January 24, 2020, 11:18

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I was about to post it;mawa trop apparently he was  speaking on the phone with people until 3 in the night and was normal no sign of whatsoever then in the morning neighbours heard the noise of a drill trying surely to open door of his house since it was locked down and later on firefighters came and forced to open the door and already found him collapsed

POLE POSTION #18 on: January 24, 2020, 11:59

• View Profile
Rest in peace Mimiche let the ancestor welcome your soul and God give your family strengh

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #19 on: January 24, 2020, 12:14

• View Profile
I was about to post it;mawa trop apparently he was  speaking on the phone with people until 3 in the night and was normal no sign of whatsoever then in the morning neighbours heard the noise of a drill trying surely to open door of his house since it was locked down and later on firefighters came and forced to open the door and already found him collapsed

I am a bit confused here? Wasn't he marred or something? If so, why did he lock himself in and how come the family weren't there?

archos #20 on: January 24, 2020, 15:08

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
its not impossible that he divorced and had his kids elsewhere,very few of our artists live with all their children given they are often from different mothers or they stayed in their next relationship with their kids(for example celeo's twins)
from the video edo nsonsa said he was meant to pass a driving license test in the morning if he remained alive
so surely he went through a rough period and was about to rebuild things for himself,except his interview with ado yuhe he had gone quite idle
by the way i am hearing brigade's health has gone very bad again,he has been sick soo much ever since he came to europe 
lets pray for him

Cavalier Solitaire #21 on: January 24, 2020, 16:12

• View Profile
R. I. P Mimiche bass. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Will watch the double Zenith in his memory. Mawa trop.

Wenge1995 #22 on: January 24, 2020, 16:48

• View Profile
@archos

Why is their health so bad? They're so young!

Jdog #23 on: January 24, 2020, 16:49

• View Profile
R.I.P Mimiche Bass and hopefully Brigade's health will get better.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

archos #24 on: January 24, 2020, 17:29

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
@archos

Why is their health so bad? They're so young!

One factor is respecting doctor's treatment and indication, very very very rarely you'll see a musician who is meant to take a break from music heavy sex and that party life for 3 months for example and respect it,you'll often see them if they feel good by 1month and half in their own overestimation driven by ego they will rush to scene and studio quick
the only thing they dont resist too much is leg breaks and things like that,even though you have a guy like wata performing strong choreographies one month after a serious knee injury and partying  back in his maison mere days
you have the most perfect example horly kabuya who will drink and smoke week the night he is released from hospital
i can only remember sam tshintu and wazekwa who accepted longterm treatment until the end

Congolitude #25 on: January 24, 2020, 21:12

• View Profile
Mawa trop, one of our best bassists we have had. Rest in peace Mimiche, may God grant you paradise.

How old was he ?

archos #26 on: January 25, 2020, 13:55

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i dont know exactly but he was in that category between the 1974 guys(caludji baby ndombe lola mwana and co) and the likes of fally/celeo and co
by the way apparently he had made the switch to gospel music which is why he never released solo album which he recorded and was on his way to release a gospel album

POLE POSTION #27 on: January 25, 2020, 14:31

• View Profile
Ferre homage Mimiche Bass song Detresse one of his best composition song such a good rumba melody out of this world

RIP

Pablo01 #28 on: January 25, 2020, 16:17

• View Profile
Ferre homage Mimiche Bass song Detresse one of his best composition song such a good rumba melody out of this world

RIP
With it

Mfumu Vata #29 on: January 25, 2020, 16:29

• View Profile
I liked the way he played bass the couplets of the songs Maman Mabe & Ma Personalite of A La Que Leu Leu.

Also part Kimbala part during their Maison Mere's live performance at the Kora Awards of 2005.

from 6:23 min to (espcially the bassline from 7:38 min, that was to short) to 7:45.

His best concert performance was during the second day of Double Zenith. The sound was that day was very concertred on the bass-guitar and drums. I really wonder who made the sound setting of that day.