Author Topic: (Rare) 14th Anniversary of Quartier Latin (2000)  (Read 8395 times)

Mfumu Vata #15 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57

• View Profile
lol, the way Jordan refused to give Jipson the mic, when they were cutting the cakes.

Lola is really talented towards the end of the video, he's playing bass.

D Tabzy #16 on: March 23, 2020, 13:14

• View Profile
Jipson was lowkey homo 100%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA why would you think that

The way he dances annoys me

Wenge1995 #17 on: March 23, 2020, 14:59

• View Profile
Was John Scott a replacement for Ocean Ebele or a special invite because he should be with Delta Force at the time?

CM PRINCE #18 on: March 23, 2020, 15:13

• View Profile
Was John Scott a replacement for Ocean Ebele or a special invite because he should be with Delta Force at the time?
He was Ocean’s replacement, he already left Delta Force by that time

Wenge1995 #19 on: March 23, 2020, 22:37

• View Profile
Would Effrakata be any different had Mamale and Spino stayed with the band? Idk how much space they could have gotten. What made Spino leave an established group like Quartier Latin for Wenge Tonya Tonya?

This dude left Kester after Mboka Mboka for Koffi, only to finish with Kester after staying behind in Europe with Wenge Tonya Tonya splitting later lol

Mfumu Vata #20 on: March 23, 2020, 22:46

• View Profile
Would Effrakata be any different had Mamale and Spino stayed with the band? Idk how much space they could have gotten. What made Spino leave an established group like Quartier Latin for Wenge Tonya Tonya?

This dude left Kester after Mboka Mboka for Koffi, only to finish with Kester after staying behind in Europe with Wenge Tonya Tonya splitting later lol

There wouldn't be alot of difference, because Effrakata was Koffi's solo album with his singers having just some vocals. Spino left Quartier Latin because of Montana. Spino and Montana don't like each other, because of the way they are really in the La Sape-world. So to put Spino in a bad daylight, Montana said to Koffi that Spino was indirectly challeging him, by the way he was coming with those expensive clothes to the rehearshals. It made Koffi furious. He started ignore Spino and act weird towards him. Spino then that his place wasn't in Quartier Latin anymore and went to join Wenge Tonya Tonya.

Spino was one of the guys who had to be on the Bercy-list, being already promoted on the "Sur La Route de Bercy" VHS, having alot of vocals in Attentat and making alot tv-appearence with Fally, Lola Muana and Jordan Kusa. Being already known for being one of the former keymembers of Emeneya's DTDB. But a conflict with Savanet Depitcho, who had the keys in his hands, made him like Soleil Wanga (he was also in conflict with Depitcho and even fought with him) miss the trip.

Wenge1995 #21 on: March 23, 2020, 22:54

• View Profile
@Mfumu Vata

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you first meet Koffi around this period or was it archos?

Mfumu Vata #22 on: March 23, 2020, 23:05

• View Profile
@Mfumu Vata

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you first meet Koffi around this period or was it archos?

I think Archos.

I saw Koffi twice at Matonge with his musicians, which Congolese musicians from Kinshasa used to do before 2006, if they were about to perform that day in Brussels and I saw him three times in Chateau Rouge. I was only close to some people who used to be in his staff.

Mfumu Vata #23 on: March 29, 2020, 20:10

• View Profile

Lol, the way his bodyguard is looking at him when he stars dancing Kiwanzenza. He was looking like  a pimp, the moment they started taking pictures of him along with the dancers
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 20:13 by Mfumu Vata »

BercysFinest98 #24 on: March 29, 2020, 20:41

• View Profile
Meslian live gives me goosebumps
Sad that mamale blanchard and even spino didnt make effrakata

What minute was Meslian played? The greatest QL song ever. If it were up to me that song would been played at every major concert. I’ve only heard it sung live a few times, which is sad
Yeah at 48:00 just to give you a heads up, Lola messes the song up a bit

Of course Lola would mess the song up LOL

Mfumu Vata #25 on: March 29, 2020, 20:54

• View Profile
Meslian live gives me goosebumps
Sad that mamale blanchard and even spino didnt make effrakata

What minute was Meslian played? The greatest QL song ever. If it were up to me that song would been played at every major concert. I’ve only heard it sung live a few times, which is sad
Yeah at 48:00 just to give you a heads up, Lola messes the song up a bit

Of course Lola would mess the song up LOL

I remember him singing Coco Madimba along with Werrason and him trying to do tenor, Werra then looking like "hhhssss aah petit a gaffe mabe".

from 3:35 min and Werra then looking to his right from 3:38 min

Wenge1995 #26 on: March 29, 2020, 23:09

• View Profile
All jokes aside, do yall really think Lola is a good singer? Like unironically lmao

Grandpretre #27 on: March 29, 2020, 23:14

• View Profile
All jokes aside, do yall really think Lola is a good singer? Like unironically lmao

Yes he is. He’s a great singer. But his solo vocals >>>>>> his voice in a choir
Just like gypson

CM PRINCE #28 on: March 29, 2020, 23:20

• View Profile
No one said he’s a bad singer, he’s just annoying on choruses along with Gibson, even Bouro sometimes. Like they just try to hard to stand out, not realising it can cause a mess.

Wenge1995 #29 on: March 29, 2020, 23:44

• View Profile
I'm surprised Koffi didn't train them harder for choruses, because they sounded great on albums.