Author Topic: LES JOUR LE PLUS LONG ALBUM  (Read 5304 times)

Cavalier Solitaire on: August 10, 2020, 20:22

• View Profile
Such a great album with a banger of a generique and am not a big fan of generiques but these kinds of generiques you cant ignore. If we compare the debarquement generique with the generiques we getting nowadays it says a lot about how the standards of the genre have fallen. So Apocalypse at some point joined Victoria Eleison or am i hearing correctly? Who is the other atalaku?

Was it recorded in France and which members of the dream team dream band were still left in the group by the time it came out apart from Pianiste Passy Ngiangy?

Mfumu Vata #1 on: August 10, 2020, 23:13

• View Profile
Apocalyps never joined Victoria Eleison. The album "Le Jour le Plus Long" was for 80% recorded in Kinshasa with guys like Djudju-chet Luvengoka, Olivier Tshimanga, Dany Takezo and Auguy Lutula adding some sauce in France. You can hear Olivier Tshimanga on Nazeli.

The atalaku's were Ngonda Son, Papy Baroza and Mulo Scanto. The atalaku with that rough voice is Papy Baroza.

Those of the Longue Histoire-generation who were still around were Mulo Scanto, Willy Ebondaki, Zozo Malaba (he didn't go to Olympia 2008 and died in 2009), Yves Tshum Tshu and  Baby Mbonda.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 14:09 by Mfumu Vata »

Cavalier Solitaire #2 on: August 11, 2020, 08:48

• View Profile
Oh ok I see. How would you rate the impact and success of this album as compared to Longue Histoire and Mboka Mboka?

Manzambi94 #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:56

• View Profile
Oh ok I see. How would you rate the impact and success of this album as compared to Longue Histoire and Mboka Mboka?

Not as much as big, but I remember in those days people were surprised that Emeneya could produce such top quality level, it was the beggining of the Nigerian rise and Emeny wanted to teach every musician from Africa a lesson om hoe good music and especially synthe was made, Mboka Mboka and Kolo Histoire especially for the football lovers Kolo Histoire was a masterpiece still to this day no artist in Congo has managed to blend soccer and music that well, when I was little I thought that Victoria Eleyson was an actual team and this is due to the emotion and storytelling that Emeneya was able to make you feel.

Cavalier Solitaire #4 on: August 11, 2020, 12:34

• View Profile

Not as much as big, but I remember in those days people were surprised that Emeneya could produce such top quality level, it was the beggining of the Nigerian rise and Emeny wanted to teach every musician from Africa a lesson om hoe good music and especially synthe was made, Mboka Mboka and Kolo Histoire especially for the football lovers Kolo Histoire was a masterpiece still to this day no artist in Congo has managed to blend soccer and music that well, when I was little I thought that Victoria Eleyson was an actual team and this is due to the emotion and storytelling that Emeneya was able to make you feel.
I see because i think this album largely flew under the radar especially here in Anglophone Africa because all major releases back then always made airwaves in the 2000s and 90s and before. I know that Mboka Mboka was a major success back in the late 90s when it came out with that GI generique being hugely succesful you would not go to any tarven or drinking spot without hearing it play.

Mfumu Vata #5 on: August 11, 2020, 12:48

• View Profile

lol, Kolo Histoire is Papa Wemba's generic. I  think you meant But Na Filet which was the generique of Longue Histoire.

Victoria Eleison's philosophy soccer, which took from Viva La Musica (they used to call themselves in Viva La Musica the Argentine football-team that won the Fifa World Cup of 1978). From the birth they used to present them like they did in But na Filet and sometimes wearing football-shirts of Brazil when performing in concerts (for example the fara-fara of Victoria Eleison against Viva La Musica in 1985 at Intercontinental). But Na Filet is btw a remix-version of their anthem that was created in 1982 and released on vinyl in 1984.

Mfumu Vata #6 on: August 11, 2020, 12:52

• View Profile

In Kinshasa it was still a succes also due to the cri's Kotazo and Pigeon, in Europe it was also a succes but not like in Kinshasa. The impact of Le Jour le Plus Long was not the same like Longue Histoire and Mboka Mboka. The album was released in 2007, when the G-5 Revolution came of Fally Ipupa & Ferre Gola. Emeneya in those days hadn't the same impact, because many people had put him the label of being finished. He was then more known for talking much in interviews to attack Koffi Olomide & Papa Wemba, being present in every DVD-compilation of that era.

Cavalier Solitaire #7 on: August 11, 2020, 14:21

• View Profile

In Kinshasa it was still a succes also due to the cri's Kotazo and Pigeon, in Europe it was also a succes but not like in Kinshasa. The impact of Le Jour le Plus Long was not the same like Longue Histoire and Mboka Mboka. The album was released in 2007, when the G-5 Revolution came of Fally Ipupa & Ferre Gola. Emeneya in those days hadn't the same impact, because many people had put him the label of being finished. He was then more known for talking much in interviews to attack Koffi Olomide & Papa Wemba, being present in every DVD-compilation of that era.
And the 2008 Olympia was more like a presentation of the album.

Drumstar98 #8 on: August 11, 2020, 17:07

• View Profile
Apocalyps never joined Victoria Eleison. The album "Le Jour le Plus Long" was for 80% recorded in Kinshasa with guys like Djudju-chet Luvengoka, Olivier Tshimanga, Dany Takezo and Auguy Lutula adding some sauce in France. You can hear Olivier Tshimanga on Nazeli.

The atalaku's were Ngonda Son, Papy Baroza and Mulo Scanto. The atalaku with that rough voice is Papy Baroza.

Those of the Longue Histoire-generation who were still around were Mulo Scanto, Willy Ebondaki, Zozo Malaba (he didn't go to Olympia 2008 and died in 2009), Yves Tshum Tshu and  Baby Mbonda.

What songs did Djudjuchet play on?

Mfumu Vata #9 on: August 11, 2020, 17:15

• View Profile
I don't know, I just saw his name being written on the credits.

Cavalier Solitaire #10 on: August 11, 2020, 19:38

• View Profile
Do you think we will ever get the "This is Me" album?

Mfumu Vata #11 on: August 11, 2020, 20:52

• View Profile
No, I don't think so. The conflict his children, ex'wives and Emeneya's brothers got about the royalties of This is Me is to complicated. Otherwise they would have released a long time ago. I also dont think that Joly Mubiala would be happy with that album, because there's a song where Emeneya sings about heritage (biloko nioso ya bana).

Cavalier Solitaire #12 on: August 11, 2020, 21:04

• View Profile
No, I don't think so. The conflict his children, ex'wives and Emeneya's brothers got about the royalties of This is Me is to complicated. Otherwise they would have released a long time ago. I also dont think that Joly Mubiala would be happy with that album, because there's a song where Emeneya sings about heritage (biloko nioso ya bana).
So the issue of the WILL was not sorted out after the staff of King Kester were accused of altering it? And who has custody of the the same album? Is it the children, Joly Mubiala or the producer?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: August 11, 2020, 21:11

• View Profile
I dont know. It's really complicated a all camps had been attacking each other for years on youtube and facebook. All I know is that Afimiko has the hard-disk of This is Me.

Lolo Mutima had to produce This is Me, but he had abandonned the project after being insulted for years and even being attacked by Emeneya's son Miles (child of Liliane).

Manzambi94 #14 on: August 11, 2020, 21:49

• View Profile
Talking about Emeneya how is doing his kid who got paralyzed and is a French soldier? I guess his name is Kevin right?