Author Topic: SOO, WHAT’S THE EFFECT OF FALLY’S BERCY SO FAR??  (Read 6040 times)

Matebu on: March 06, 2020, 21:30

• View Profile
Aside from the little clip of him thanking his fans, it’s been hella quiet after last Friday.

Any update from our Schegen brothers on the fall out of the combatants attacks, the status on whether F’Victeam is staying in France, which member escaped or got a girl pregnant, etc?

Matebu #1 on: March 06, 2020, 21:35

• View Profile
After Koffi’s and Wenge MM Bercy’s there was so much fanfare the weeks and months after which turned into build up to the next albums (Force De Frappe to Effrakata and Kibuisa Mpimpa)  - mind you this was at a time before any social media or forums

Mfumu Vata #2 on: March 06, 2020, 22:01

• View Profile
Aside from the little clip of him thanking his fans, it’s been hella quiet after last Friday.

Any update from our Schegen brothers on the fall out of the combatants attacks, the status on whether F’Victeam is staying in France, which member escaped or got a girl pregnant, etc?

I think that he's very concentrated how to attack the combattans of London. Because apparently they are preparing something against him, to get the show at 02 Brixton Academy cancelled.

Also Fally's musicians don't have that energy, determination and influence that musicians of the 1997-2004 generation (Wenge Maison Mere, Wenge BCBG, Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecrita, Victoria Eleison and Wenge El Paris) used to have. Their influence, fame, made them attract automaticaly people towards them, with those guys also wanting to their supremacy by going to famous restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, "ba terrain during summers" with a group of 9/10 musicians. With those old videotapes making the impact bigger. Btw Fally didn't plan a solo album dedicated to our community or a group-album this year. While normally, big events in Paris are always accompanied with the preparations/recording of a new album, which makes people getting more interested about what will come after those big events.

I think that Fally's staff and fans are scared to do "ba tapages"(like Congolese people say) at nightclubs of Paris, Brussels, London & Geneva/Laussane and those "atterisage forcee" in Chateaux Rouge, Matonge & Tottenham (which bands used to do randomly during tours, to show who's controlling the city) with the group and their staff, being scared for the reactions of combattans. But I think that Fally will catch up by doing a concert Stade des Martyrs-show up his return in Kinshasa, because the event at Bercy had made alot of people talk about him there and put him on another dimension, but the question is if he will be able to fill it if it isn't a concert for free (the crisis is hitting Kinshasa very hard).

Wenge1995 #3 on: March 06, 2020, 22:15

• View Profile
 If he makes the potential concert at Stade des Martyrs free, will it upset his momentum? If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the best performances in that stadium didn't charge the people to attend. From the looks of Werrason's concert, it looked like there was no barrier of entry

If yall were Fally's top advisor, what would you recommend going forward? Stay the course with Brixton or change tour plan?

Mfumu Vata #4 on: March 06, 2020, 23:30

• View Profile
If he makes the potential concert at Stade des Martyrs free, will it upset his momentum? If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the best performances in that stadium didn't charge the people to attend. From the looks of Werrason's concert, it looked like there was no barrier of entry

If yall were Fally's top advisor, what would you recommend going forward? Stay the course with Brixton or change tour plan?

Yes, it will upset his momentum, because he is beefing with JB Mpiana and sended his journalists Ken Mpiana, Vicent Tshiluizi, Manicke, etc. to insult JB Mpiana and saying that performing at Stade des Martyrs is nothing only for local people. While JB Mpiana performed there 3 times and filled it all those times while Fally still hasn't performed there. Werrason once performed there in 1998 for free before Intervention Rapide and managed to get 40.000 people (not be mistaken with the one of Gigaconcert dedicated to DR Congo, which is often attributed to Werrason but which was a festival of several artists Pepe Kalle, Tshala Muana, Wenge El Paris, etc.), but Fally has now a fanbase and 4 albums on the market (being 14 years active as solo artist), so he need to fill it.

from 3:26 min

I guess that you didn't watch the video well. There were a barriers of entry, you got two before enter the Stade des Martyrs. The first one to control the crowd and the second one for the tickets. There were to much people, which made thefirst barriers fall and people also, luckily people didn't die (from 5:29 min) You can hear some on the background "batu bakufa". This were one of the reasons that the governement of the cityKinshasa started to forbid concerts at Stade des Martyrs until 2007, for security reasons.

5:44 min

Ferre Gola and Lacoste used to brag about it that the barries got broken.

If I was Fally's advisor, I would recommend him to go forward with his concert in London. Because if the concert will be a succes, then he will earn more respect. Because London is the place where the concert-ban of concerts started since 2006, with JB Mpiana being the first victim in 2006, Koffi then trying to bring concerts back in 2007 & 2008, but not working (runnning away after getting followed by combattans who wanted to attack with knives). Fally Ipupa planning one in 2010 at Troxy and in 2011 at 02 Indigo, but both concerts getting cancelled quickly after that the music-promoter was getting death-threats. Back in 2006, when the concert-ban started in London, people in Brussels and Paris and copied and succeed by getting concerts of Werrason cancelled. But the ban got quickly lifted there when Werrason negotiated with them. But they weren't happy and tried to cancel his show of Zenith 2008, but didn't succeed, then succeed finally in 2011.

Wenge1995 #5 on: March 07, 2020, 01:03

• View Profile
@Mfumu Vata

From a combatants perspective, what's the end game with banning concerts in Europe? It won't change the circumstances in Congo, why aren't they motivated to return fund reform coalitions in Kinshasa to better the country? I never completely understood the main objective

Seben_Maniac #6 on: March 07, 2020, 01:18

• View Profile
I know it's only been a week but we need that professional footage. It would be annoying if there isn't any eventually

congo-243 #7 on: March 07, 2020, 01:48

• View Profile
For those who didn't know he's playing there in april

Wenge1995 #8 on: March 07, 2020, 01:50

• View Profile
I don't think he hires a professional camera crew...

Seben_Maniac #9 on: March 07, 2020, 01:56

• View Profile

Wow really?! He messed up! One of the biggest events of his career, and he didn't even manage to record it properly? I have no words lol

Edit: Even Zaiko upload a somewhat professional video of their concert a few days ago which was at a way smaller venue the same day. No excuses for Fally
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:26 by Seben_Maniac »

CM PRINCE #10 on: March 07, 2020, 09:49

• View Profile

Wow really?! He messed up! One of the biggest events of his career, and he didn't even manage to record it properly? I have no words lol

Edit: Even Zaiko upload a somewhat professional video of their concert a few days ago which was at a way smaller venue the same day. No excuses for Fally
Uhhh guys don’t jump the gun like that. He did have a camera crew, You do know that you have to edit the video, sound edit, colour grade and make sure the footage looks great it’s not something that takes just one night to do. Even when Koffi and co performed at Bercy the footage wasn’t released till months after.

Seben_Maniac #11 on: March 07, 2020, 14:42

• View Profile

Uhhh guys don’t jump the gun like that. He did have a camera crew, You do know that you have to edit the video, sound edit, colour grade and make sure the footage looks great it’s not something that takes just one night to do. Even when Koffi and co performed at Bercy the footage wasn’t released till months after.

True, it's just frustrating to think about. But thanks for the reassurance. If they are really working on it at a high quality, then they can take all the time they need

congo-243 #12 on: March 07, 2020, 21:06

• View Profile

I think that he's very concentrated how to attack the combattans of London. Because apparently they are preparing something against him, to get the show at 02 Brixton Academy cancelled.

Also Fally's musicians don't have that energy, determination and influence that musicians of the 1997-2004 generation (Wenge Maison Mere, Wenge BCBG, Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecrita, Victoria Eleison and Wenge El Paris) used to have. Their influence, fame, made them attract automaticaly people towards them, with those guys also wanting to their supremacy by going to famous restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, "ba terrain during summers" with a group of 9/10 musicians. With those old videotapes making the impact bigger. Btw Fally didn't plan a solo album dedicated to our community or a group-album this year. While normally, big events in Paris are always accompanied with the preparations/recording of a new album, which makes people getting more interested about what will come after those big events.

I think that Fally's staff and fans are scared to do "ba tapages"(like Congolese people say) at nightclubs of Paris, Brussels, London & Geneva/Laussane and those "atterisage forcee" in Chateaux Rouge, Matonge & Tottenham (which bands used to do randomly during tours, to show who's controlling the city) with the group and their staff, being scared for the reactions of combattans. But I think that Fally will catch up by doing a concert Stade des Martyrs-show up his return in Kinshasa, because the event at Bercy had made alot of people talk about him there and put him on another dimension, but the question is if he will be able to fill it if it isn't a concert for free (the crisis is hitting Kinshasa very hard).
My question is who had the most successful Stade de martyrs performances ? Crowd, spectacle included?

shamala #13 on: March 08, 2020, 11:49

• View Profile

Tihihihi
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Mfumu Vata #14 on: March 08, 2020, 14:10

• View Profile

Zaiko had a professional video, because it was broadcasted live on the website of BOZAR.