Author Topic: My Review of Fally’s new album Tokooos  (Read 12614 times)

Tata Nkiadi on: October 11, 2017, 21:28

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile

Matebu #1 on: October 11, 2017, 22:07

• View Profile
lol, exactly. Could not make it through 2 songs.  And the fact that he has promoted it way more than all his 3 previous albums & Libre Parcours combined peeves me a bit.

He has a strong, (for the basis of comparison) Koffiphile/ette - esque fanbase that will take anything he says or does as gospel. Now he's "the Greatest"...

Tata Nkiadi #2 on: October 11, 2017, 23:04

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
lol, exactly. Could not make it through 2 songs.  And the fact that he has promoted it way more than all his 3 previous albums & Libre Parcours combined peeves me a bit.

He has a strong, (for the basis of comparison) Koffiphile/ette - esque fanbase that will take anything he says or does as gospel. Now he's "the Greatest"...

Eza mabe makassi. R. Kelly couldn’t even piss on the album to make it better. Compared to Werra’s world album, which is really good and more marketable in my opinion, Fally’s album fails to deliver. What pisses me off even more is that the foundation of other African genres comes from Congolese music. Why Fally feels like he needs to bite off of Nigerian pop music baffles me.

mrvibes #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:17

• View Profile
No wonder the US went from Obama to tramp ooops i i meant trump. People especially Congolese are not used to change.   The album is a total success. Y'all just stop hating ... Please get used to it by now.  Fally is the best and the album is the beast. To zo lia bino nioso .. Mawa

Matebu #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:02

• View Profile
No wonder the US went from Obama to tramp ooops i i meant trump. People especially Congolese are not used to change.   The album is a total success. Y'all just stop hating ... Please get used to it by now.  Fally is the best and the album is the beast. To zo lia bino nioso .. Mawa

lol, President ya ba Fan Club Ipup's. On his defensive if anything regarding him is not 100% in his favor.

Us old-heads are waiting for his rhumba album; as Fally himself said recently during his RFI interview... rhumba will always be his roots and specialty.

I don't understand what the US presidency has to do with anything here. If American people didn't want change Hillary would be president
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:06 by Matebu »

SYMPLICITY #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:40

• View Profile
Why is the defence counsel taking too long to rebut after the prosecution has closed its case......? But i expect it soon enough!!!!!!

Matebu #6 on: October 12, 2017, 05:55

• View Profile
Why is the defence counsel taking too long to rebut after the prosecution has closed its case......? But i expect it soon enough!!!!!!

What?

The album has been out for months; most members have already let it be known how they feel about the album.

SYMPLICITY #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:06

• View Profile

What?

The album has been out for months; most members have already let it be known how they feel about the album.
@Matebu my comment was made tongue in cheek. You will understand soon enough!!!!

Jdog #8 on: October 12, 2017, 07:52

• View Profile
Although I don't really care for the album like that because I want Rhumba and sebene , I like that Fally did an different brand of music and the album has been well revived. I don't care for the album but I'm happy it isn't a flop. It shows the diversity of Congolese music and why it's #1 in Africa.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

CM PRINCE #9 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22

• View Profile
Yeah I didn't really care about the album that much but it wasn't that bad as people here are making it out to be it wasn't a flop he tried something different and it worked out for him so it's not like it was the worst thing ever made

Manzambi94 #10 on: October 12, 2017, 10:42

• View Profile
You guys defending Fally you need to understand that in this forum we don't discuss the commercial reception of a disc, but purely his quality, if you guys like so much saying oh but the album is good and so on go listen to coldplay's music great album sales but really shitty in terms of quality.
You will say that Mascara is better thean Libre Parcours#2 only because it had a worldwide success? No I won't because Libre Parcours is the best generique ever made so far, but he didn't promote it so it hasn't been as successful as it should have been.
Fally had the chance to perform Congolese music on an high level, the way Naza, Youssoupha (Tabu Ley's son) Niska and Mâitre Gims did but he didn't he prefer to fake his music and act like he was a mix between a Nigerian and an American, while he can't even talk proper English, and that's ridiculous for the people who really appreciate Fally in his true form, all of Fally fans in Europe went crazy because he was next to the French stars but beside that that album was shitty

archos #11 on: October 12, 2017, 11:34

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
for me this album is difficult to assess its too much of a new experience and you dont master a new style like that in first try unless God took full possession of your body it was obvious that it would not be a wow album although some will like it more than others which is totally normal and which some of those who do not like have to accept aswell everybody has his perception of music
as for me i will judge him on next album of that genre if he improves because he still can and has to improve a lot,i think he was compared  to 7 jours de la semaine which is also a concept different from rumba sebene  but 7 jours is much much much easier to adapt to for a congolese artist lets be honest about that
and in my opinion you dont become a worldwide artist coming from africa like that,it takes time except maybe for the anglophone ones who seem to have it a bit easier  so its too early in my opinion to make a proper proper judgement without either having way too high expectations or that emotional side about him potentially quitting rumba making his mistakes even stronger to see on that project
and whats also tough in judgeing it properly outside of the traditional its good or its shit is that nobody did it  before so we dont have somebody we can refer to and compare

mrvibes #12 on: October 12, 2017, 13:52

• View Profile
You guys defending Fally you need to understand that in this forum we don't discuss the commercial reception of a disc, but purely his quality, if you guys like so much saying oh but the album is good and so on go listen to coldplay's music great album sales but really shitty in terms of quality.
You will say that Mascara is better thean Libre Parcours#2 only because it had a worldwide success? No I won't because Libre Parcours is the best generique ever made so far, but he didn't promote it so it hasn't been as successful as it should have been.
Fally had the chance to perform Congolese music on an high level, the way Naza, Youssoupha (Tabu Ley's son) Niska and Mâitre Gims did but he didn't he prefer to fake his music and act like he was a mix between a Nigerian and an American, while he can't even talk proper English, and that's ridiculous for the people who really appreciate Fally in his true form, all of Fally fans in Europe went crazy because he was next to the French stars but beside that that album was shitty
sometimes i wonder if really know what you are talking about... Are you allergic to different style of music or just hatting because fally surprised you with something different than usual. Lol .
The quality of the album is very high compared to other album that came out.. Im pretty sure that some of you are listening it from YouTube. Please buy the original cd and enjoy the master piece.stop talking to much while not even making a point .fally not knowing how to" speak"proper English does not hurt his career that much. At least he is doing it. Please ask the other you just mentioned here to at least try to. Say something in English..lol. Ohh wait Ferre can say ""my wife is very very good" lol

Toolz #13 on: October 12, 2017, 15:11

• View Profile
Lol...Na all of una sabi o....when una don blow una grammar finish, everybody go go rest....I am just passing... Lol. @JV, where are you?

Manzambi94 #14 on: October 12, 2017, 17:20

• View Profile
sometimes i wonder if really know what you are talking about... Are you allergic to different style of music or just hatting because fally surprised you with something different than usual. Lol .
The quality of the album is very high compared to other album that came out.. Im pretty sure that some of you are listening it from YouTube. Please buy the original cd and enjoy the master piece.stop talking to much while not even making a point .fally not knowing how to" speak"proper English does not hurt his career that much. At least he is doing it. Please ask the other you just mentioned here to at least try to. Say something in English..lol. Ohh wait Ferre can say ""my wife is very very good" lol
I have said that Libre Parcours #2 is the best generique ever made so far and you go ahead saying that I hate him, you really don't understand the point of my comment, and he hadn't made something different he did what French Africans are doing from years mixing French and Lingala and then sell it, I don't know what kind of innovation is that . This are things that Stromae, Aya Nakamura and many other are doing since the 90's. And I am critical about Fally because I know he can do better than talk some very bad English and using the forulmula that Francophone Africans artist have used for ages. I don't know how can you say it is a good album the sound is good but again we are not discussing sound but quality and then for Ferre he used English in a production of a Nigerian artist one time and never again, in his Albums he stays real without changing for global success and don't bring it to Ferrr we are talking Fally and his album not Ferre