Author Topic: Archive: Koffi Olomidé & Quartier Latin - Live at Bilbao (2001)  (Read 3625 times)

tyadm on: February 26, 2018, 17:59

• View Profile

mvulusi96 #1 on: February 26, 2018, 20:42

I loved the way Bouro Mpela, Lola Muana, Soleil & Fally sung the vocals, especially that of Soleil's. He was really skinny back in the days. I guess that he used c4 like many other people to become fat. Bouro's voice was overshadowing Lola Muana voice in the chorus. Gypson is more relaxed in the chorus this time, maybe because that the chorus of Roissy relaxed. I think that Koffi recruited Papy Jah to cover Gypson and Lola Muana in the chorus. So sad that Soleil, Gypson scared him away, just because they didn't want to compete against him.

Seben_Maniac #2 on: February 26, 2018, 21:10

• View Profile
I loved the way Bouro Mpela, Lola Muana, Soleil & Fally sung the vocals, especially that of Soleil's. He was really skinny back in the days. I guess that he used c4 like many other people to become fat. Bouro's voice was overshadowing Lola Muana voice in the chorus. Gypson is more relaxed in the chorus this time, maybe because that the chorus of Roissy relaxed. I think that Koffi recruited Papy Jah to cover Gypson and Lola Muana in the chorus. So sad that Soleil, Gypson scared him away, just because they didn't want to compete against him.

Why would Soleil want to become fat?

mvulusi96 #3 on: February 26, 2018, 21:55

It was a trend in Congo during that era to become fat. At that time all bandleaders were fat (Adolphe Dominguez, J.B. M'piana, Defao, etc.) and youngster wanted to follow that example. So they went to drink those crazy products or using some drugs to become fat. Didier Lacoste, Shella Mputu, Mbuta Likasu, etc. were all skinny in the beginning.

CM PRINCE #4 on: February 26, 2018, 22:16

• View Profile

It was a trend in Congo during that era to become fat. At that time all bandleaders were fat (Adolphe Dominguez, J.B. M'piana, Defao, etc.) and youngster wanted to follow that example. So they went to drink those crazy products or using some drugs to become fat. Didier Lacoste, Shella Mputu, Mbuta Likasu, etc. were all skinny in the beginning.
This is one of the most funniest and strangest things I've heard ehh these Congolese guys and their stupid trends  ;D ;D

Matebu #5 on: February 26, 2018, 22:22

• View Profile

This is one of the most funniest and strangest things I've heard ehh these Congolese guys and their stupid trends  ;D ;D

Kiekie, I know right? It's the old African way of thinking... the chief has a big belly because he's eating so good.

I know Marie Paul had issues asserting himself as band leader because was so skinny back in the day. If someone wanted to fight him, he really couldn't do anything despite his hot temper.

Mbuta Likasu used to stuff his belly with clothes to look fat because he couldn't gain weight. Nowadays he has the biggest beer belly you'll see aside from JB ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 22:25 by Matebu »

Seben_Maniac #6 on: February 26, 2018, 22:37

• View Profile
Lol that is the weirdest trend. Good thing guys like Fally stayed in shape.

archos #7 on: February 26, 2018, 23:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 lool talking about jb and marie paul back in the days  when marie paul returned to kin in mid 2000's jb joked with him " ehhhhh manke oyebi que oza seul  leader oyo atikala ba marque ya ba nzoto mike mais il faut damer masta" :D :D :D :D :D