Author Topic: Marie Paul & Wenge EL Paris - K.O. Debout (2001) (CD Quality)  (Read 2451 times)

congo-243 on: November 04, 2021, 01:46

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 19:57 by congo-243 »

Longbluesquid #1 on: November 04, 2021, 18:43

• View Profile

congo-243 #2 on: November 04, 2021, 19:51

• View Profile

congo-243 #3 on: November 04, 2021, 19:57

• View Profile

Drumstar98 #4 on: November 04, 2021, 21:23

• View Profile

congo-243 #5 on: November 04, 2021, 21:29

• View Profile

Longbluesquid #6 on: November 05, 2021, 00:31

• View Profile
Any rare albums you have that we don’t have?

Cavalier Solitaire #7 on: November 06, 2021, 18:53

• View Profile
Merci ndeko for this album. I had a new album as my playlist for my Friday morning run. 

First time listening to it and am impressed with the whole album. Ingratitude is my favourite.

Mfumu Vata #8 on: November 06, 2021, 20:28

• View Profile
Proverbe is for me the best song. The part of Marie singing about Pepe Kalle makes me sad.

Cavalier Solitaire #9 on: November 07, 2021, 09:53

• View Profile
Proverbe is for me the best song. The part of Marie singing about Pepe Kalle makes me sad.
Any chance for booklet of this album. I would love to know who is credited for what songs. I know that Dello Bass played bass and Pitchou Santiago as the main soliste. By the way, where is Pitchou Santiago?

Listening to this album and many albums before say 2005, is that if these albums came out today the 5th generation would be non existent. The generiques of nowadays, bazoyeba lisusu te kovandisa solo na sebene, too many "changement de frequence" in the same generique leaving the song with no direction.

Mfumu Vata #10 on: November 07, 2021, 11:20

• View Profile
Pitshou Santiango is in Europe. He made some videos (Electrolive) with Celezino and had an interview with Popol Mopasula yesterday.

Dello Bass was not the only bass-player in this album. His back-up Babel Bingema also played bass on some songs on this album, but unfortunately I don't know which songs he played only Ingratitude where he received a shout-out from Bizima Kondos towards the end of the song. Dello Bass once said in an interview with Teddy Mola that Alain Mwepu played lead on all songs he released in Wenge El Paris. Yesterday I saw Pitshou Santiango saying in his interview with Popol Mopasula that after he joined all lead-guitarists in El Paris started to leave one by one and him staying on his own, only Alain Mwepu remaining and him preferring to sement his position as rhythm-player.

About the sebenes it could be that except Dello songs, Pitshou played lead on all songs on this album, because his rival Ocean Indien decided to leave the previous year. I may be wrong because you had a guy called Stora Milangi who joined El Paris as back-solist along with his friend Proffa who joined as rhythm-player. But Stora was only playing rhythm at that time, getting the chance to play more lead when they came in Europe.

Mfumu Vata #11 on: November 07, 2021, 11:35

• View Profile
Many people see Eboulement as best Wenge El Paris-album. But for me it's K.O. Debout "Carte Jaune". It's my favorite album. So sad that this album flopped and having bad promotion. They could save the album, by quickly going back to Kinshasa to promote it where they had a huge fanbase. But they stayed in Europe.

One of the issues was that their donor Nkonku Costa hadn't alot experience as executive producer and the co-producer/distributor Claude Mussay went to jail for a moment when the album got released. Another thing was that they were in Europe when the album got released where they had zero public compared to Quartier Latin, Wenge BCBG and Maison Mere. Because they were absent in Europe for 7 years and had not a proper management-team in Europe who could promote there band here, which made them being disconnected with Europe and people not knowing the huge succes they had in Kinshasa and the many big events that were taking place. Guys who Marie Paul where in reality fans of JB Mpiana and Werrason and did every block his videos who were arriving in Europe.  Even guys like Bozi Boziana were better promoted in Europe while Wenge El Paris was back in those days among the 3 bands who had the most fans in Kinshasa.The proof is that their first two concerts in Paris (LSC and Theatre Marie Bell) after 7 years absence in Europe were huge mpiakas. Even those after the release of KO Debout in London, Brussels and Cabaret Sauvage, where big mpiaka's. They had zero public in Europe, while back in 1991 until 1993 they were the kings of Paris along with Viva La Musica.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:42 by Mfumu Vata »