Author Topic: Opinion: who had the better show between Fally in Cameroon and Ferre in Cote d'i  (Read 2945 times)

Lamusica on: February 13, 2021, 19:40

• View Profile
Live performance from both artists is now available on YouTube. 24 hours later, who in your opinion had a better performance? Let's try to be objective in our analysis.

I've commented on the Ferré concert in another post. And Archos also intervened and presented some good points. I'm still taking in Fally's performance so it's only fair that I watch it entirely before I comment.

I'm curious to hear your opinions.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #1 on: February 13, 2021, 19:46

• View Profile
I think I have watched both shows, Ferre nailed the Regarde Moi song and got the reaction (joyful) from the audience  that Fally hardly gets on that venue in terms of whole performance, Fally has variety and his band is sort fun to watch regardless of the now boring dances but live the King is the King.

Lamusica #2 on: February 13, 2021, 19:53

• View Profile
I think I have watched both shows, Ferre nailed the Regarde Moi song and got the reaction (joyful) from the audience  that Fally hardly gets on that venue in terms of whole performance, Fally has variety and his band is sort fun to watch regardless of the now boring dances but live the King is the King.
Thanks for your response. In watching Fally, it's easy to see how well he has mastered the stage and delivering shows. It's seamless transition between sets, professional, and almost too easy.

Recognizing at this stage in their careers they make different type of music, do you think Fally's style of music is better for live concert? More urban, more upbeat, almost the same type of show over and over (resulting in mastering the details) compared to Ferré who is alot more mellow and focussed on the vocal execution?

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: February 13, 2021, 20:33

• View Profile
One relied in autotune and the other one on pure talent and raw...you figure it out
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 20:35 by JV “Lone Ranger” »

Lamusica #4 on: February 13, 2021, 22:10

• View Profile
One relied in autotune and the other one on pure talent and raw...you figure it out
Lol yeah I understand. Did you watch both performances?

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #5 on: February 14, 2021, 08:32

• View Profile
Yeah true this Tokoos thing is just spoiling the shows, but if his fans are entertained its a win, Personally I wouldn't attend his shows cause its not what I like him for, as for the other when I can't say much because of language and knowing where to get better version of what he emulating.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: February 14, 2021, 11:24

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is the comparison? The two artistes do completely different styles of music,different voices and different music and lyric arrangement and different type of audience. We can compare the attendance and maybe Swag if it really matters.
LE BIG BOSS

Lamusica #7 on: February 14, 2021, 17:31

• View Profile
Yeah true this Tokoos thing is just spoiling the shows, but if his fans are entertained its a win, Personally I wouldn't attend his shows cause its not what I like him for, as for the other when I can't say much because of language and knowing where to get better version of what he emulating.
Well said and I tend to agree. I would still attend both shows because I know what to expect from both artists. On another note I feel like with this Tokoos thing, Fally has found a way to prolong his career even further because he doesn't need to rely on purely singing. In comparison to Ferré who prides himself on having a great singing voice.

Style versus substance.

Lamusica #8 on: February 14, 2021, 17:35

• View Profile
What is the comparison? The two artistes do completely different styles of music,different voices and different music and lyric arrangement and different type of audience. We can compare the attendance and maybe Swag if it really matters.
Yes you're right. They're two different artists with different styles.

But you can still be objective about the performance. You could for instance compare stage preference, fan engagement, level of professionalism.

Also, another poster said that Ferré sang with his live voice, whereas Fally used autotune. That's one thing to compare.

Swag is a subjective thing and in this context not very relevant.

BercysFinest98 #9 on: February 14, 2021, 17:48

• View Profile
Right. Truth is. Fally, has the popularity whereas Ferre has the voice...