Author Topic: LOBESO IN EMPIRE BAKUBA  (Read 5773 times)

shamala on: August 08, 2018, 19:03

• View Profile
Check at 2.05,
am still laughing
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Matebu #1 on: August 08, 2018, 19:16

• View Profile
lol, yeah. Humble days

Soliste Papillon killed it on this générique

archos #2 on: August 08, 2018, 19:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 thats boeing bro not papillon haha lobeso was then 17  he was sometimes living with genta at that time so that he could do music against the will of his family

Matebu #3 on: August 08, 2018, 19:39

• View Profile
thats boeing bro not papillon haha lobeso was then 17  he was sometimes living with genta at that time so that he could do music against the will of his family

Did Papillon give 737 the partitions because Lobeso gives Papillon a shoutout at 2:51?

Dare I say it... Lobeso sounds better here than his days in WMM. All those teenage animateurs (Washington, CNN, Bill *in Intervention Rapide, Apocalypse, etc) in those days were casted as pure tenors, then some shifted to falsetto for better or worse.

archos #4 on: August 08, 2018, 19:45

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah boeing went to re touch that generique in europe if i recall well because they had failed mix so guitar was faint surely its because of that empire really had a nice style of solo

Jdog #5 on: August 09, 2018, 03:08

• View Profile
Haha before the money for lightening cream. I liked his flow here.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Franco Pepe Kalle #6 on: August 09, 2018, 03:52

• View Profile
Shamala, this is not EMPIRE BAKUBA.

It was EMPIRE BAKUBA FONDATION that was created by Kinanga Boeing 737 who had a fallout with Papy Tex after the death of Pepe Kalle. Lofombo took over DELTA FORCE. Djuna Mumbafu went solo. The rest stayed with Papy Tex in Empire Bakuba.

I think Kinanga is making new music as well as Papy Tex who is preparing I think a remix work for fans of Empire Bakuba. Djouna Mumbafu is preparing new music but we have no idea when it will come out. Lofombo is looking to do another round of promotion of his band DELTA FORCE.

mvulusi96 #7 on: August 09, 2018, 05:08

Shamala, this is not EMPIRE BAKUBA.

It was EMPIRE BAKUBA FONDATION that was created by Kinanga Boeing 737 who had a fallout with Papy Tex after the death of Pepe Kalle. Lofombo took over DELTA FORCE. Djuna Mumbafu went solo. The rest stayed with Papy Tex in Empire Bakuba.

I think Kinanga is making new music as well as Papy Tex who is preparing I think a remix work for fans of Empire Bakuba. Djouna Mumbafu is preparing new music but we have no idea when it will come out. Lofombo is looking to do another round of promotion of his band DELTA FORCE.

No, Papy Tex was in Europe when Pepe Kalle died a returned 1 year later in Kinshasa. Because he had to recover from that big car-accident he had in Paris.

Empire Bakuba was united until that Dilu Dilumona decided to fire Lofombo and those new musicians who were called Delta Force. Lofombo decided form with them their OWN band and he was joined by Djuna Mumbafu. They had some succes in Kinshasa, but split quickly because of leadership-wars. Djuna decided to leave and went to Europe. The rest of Empire Bakuba split also with Kinanga Boeing 737 forming Empire Fondation with the majority of the band (Papilion, etc.). Papy Tex who came in 1999 tried to reconcile them, but he failed and went dissapointed back to Europe.

shamala #8 on: August 09, 2018, 10:43

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Mkaya #9 on: August 09, 2018, 19:33

• View Profile
Pepe Kalle was Empire Bakuba and Empire Bakuba was Pepe Kalle. Period.

Matebu #10 on: August 09, 2018, 21:38

• View Profile
Pepe Kalle was Empire Bakuba and Empire Bakuba was Pepe Kalle. Period.

Yeah, that’s true. They never fully recovered after his sudden and tragic death.

Emoro (RIP) was also a pillar of band before he passed

Congomusiclover001 #11 on: August 11, 2018, 15:03

• View Profile
How old is Lobeso now??? 45? 55? Dude showed up in WMM looking as if he was just 19 years old.....lol.

Serious note: He gets more respect from me now that I know where he came from. Also, he should have stayed with this style of animation. I could actually stand him here.  His folklore animation style in WMMM was turrible (as Charles Barkley would say)