Author Topic: BRIGADE SARBATI INTERVIEW WITH PAPY MBOMA  (Read 6232 times)

archos on: May 06, 2018, 22:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

he is asked about bill without naming him and whether he thinks he deserves a bill armband and he gets a bit pissed reminding that his career and bill's started one or two years apart so they are from the same generation and bill talks about much younger atalakus than them and papy teases him again with the fact bill is having succes now with edendaka sans ba simba ngo and he says bill surely lacked inspiration so he copied his edenda then modified and he adds that people underrate him too much compared to bill and they had a fara fara with bill at kester's funerals concerts and he showed he could go toe to toe with bill
he talks about that incident with the donor who was a sorcerer and he was told after asking about him that he made big mistake to go there because the guy is the sorcerer of another artist who does not like him and where he sat was where that artists usually sits when going there and also about his trip to ivory coast which for him was a great experience and he could realise how much his work with koffi and werra was appreciated there
he is asked obviously about the fact ferre called him petit and once again he shows he did not appreciate reminding ferre that they were colleagues in quartier latin and they were getting along very well and ferre was calling him masta and he reminds ferre of once when both went to chill in nightclub together  and celeo and heritier saw them and attacked them,and it does not mean that now ferre is a big star so he can belittle him,he does not mind the fact ferre took his musician at all but just did not like being called petit because somehow it would give his ex musician opportunity to disrespect him because they are from the same generation and they are basically friends
 he holds good memories with fally and ferre and never will he try to  direspect them just like he wont call a much younger guy like innos b petit
he is asked what he thinks of current wenge and he says the guys are letting werra with too much pressure on his shoulders,which is why werra completely overshadows the group now while they werra of previous teams had soldiers next to him sharing the fame and the pressure with him

Congolitude #1 on: May 06, 2018, 23:01

• View Profile
Brigade said a really good thing saying that Werra had soldiers next to him sharingthe fame and the pressure with him in the previous generations. Each musician were stars, those of today do not seem to reap the same success as the previous ones.

CM PRINCE #2 on: May 06, 2018, 23:47

• View Profile
He made lots of good points, but papy mboma really needs to stop instigating he does it too much

Cavalier Solitaire #3 on: May 07, 2018, 08:44

• View Profile
He makes a good point about Werra have soldiers around him who shared his success and pressure. But then again i see this as as result of the big generational gap or age gap if you like that is now there between Werra and his artists. Coupled with the fact that we can all agree that Werra has had major success so the hunger to be on top is waning. The last artist to share the pressure and fame with Werra at Maison Mere is Heritier. Everyone else who has come afterwards will always be in the shadows of Werra.

About Papy instigating, i personally think he would be a boring journalist or interviewer if he was scared to talk about what maybe considered as senstive/polemic issues. Any interviewer worth his salt has to get out unpopular opinions or topics from his guests. It would be a problem if he incites them but i dont think he goes that route. The art of being an interviewer and a good one for that matter is that you have to be in control of the interview which many journalists fail when interviewing big artists say for example Mopao. I have in mind an interview were a certain journalist in Kenya before the airport incident, maybe because of lack of knowledge asked Koffi about how he made Ferre a big artist that he is and Koffi obviosly riding on the ignorance of the interviewer went on praising himself talking about how he made not only Ferre but also Fally. But we all know that Ferre was already "a made guy" musically when he joined QL.

SYMPLICITY #4 on: May 07, 2018, 11:07

• View Profile
But we all know that Ferre was already "a made guy" musically when he joined QL.

This is purely with a light touch but a 'made guy' in Sicily has quite a different and chilly meaning!!!!

Cavalier Solitaire #5 on: May 07, 2018, 11:18

• View Profile
But we all know that Ferre was already "a made guy" musically when he joined QL.

This is purely with a light touch but a 'made guy' in Sicily has quite a different and chilly meaning!!!!
I actually was thinking about Siccilian mafia boss Toto Riina and John Gotti the Dapper Don, and the Boss of Bosses, Legendary Carlo Gambino (the only Mafia Boss to have never been to jailed) as I was typing. Lol
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 14:24 by Cavalier Solitaire »

archos #6 on: May 07, 2018, 17:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i forgot to add the part where he says he went to sell a car to koffi,so what i heard was true,i heard its planned that those who have songs on quartier latin album will have to buy a car  in return of doing the song for a donor,so some donor will give enough to buy it and on some cases koffi will add some money so that the whole quartier latin get cars and in his typical marketing style he will organize an event where musicians will officially get their keys(hopefully it wont lead to them becoming too big headed and restart needless polemic lol) and he will show to those who advised him to revive a proper quartier latin that he has listened
guys like omba,merveille rambo,chikito,mayase,poupa and co have songs

Grandpretre #7 on: May 07, 2018, 18:59

• View Profile
i forgot to add the part where he says he went to sell a car to koffi,so what i heard was true,i heard its planned that those who have songs on quartier latin album will have to buy a car  in return of doing the song for a donor,so some donor will give enough to buy it and on some cases koffi will add some money so that the whole quartier latin get cars and in his typical marketing style he will organize an event where musicians will officially get their keys(hopefully it wont lead to them becoming too big headed and restart needless polemic lol) and he will show to those who advised him to revive a proper quartier latin that he has listened

Do u know if Blanchard still in ql?

archos #8 on: May 07, 2018, 19:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah he is still there but he got demoted of chef d'orchestre role at expense of new soloist volcan

Franco Pepe Kalle #9 on: May 08, 2018, 04:18

• View Profile
If Bill Clinton had stayed with Werrason, I actually think that Brigade and Bill Clinton would have been the it duo animators. Because you would have Bill Clinton's strong animations with Brigade's sexual innuendo lyrics together.

mvulusi96 #10 on: May 08, 2018, 04:25

If Bill Clinton had stayed with Werrason, I actually think that Brigade and Bill Clinton would have been the it duo animators. Because you would have Bill Clinton's strong animations with Brigade's sexual innuendo lyrics together.

No, he wouldn't do then  those sexual animations. Back in the days he was still doing those old Tshiluba & Kikongo animation with some by himself created lingala-animations. Brigade came with those sexual animations after he returned to Quartier Latin in 2005. Because at that moment he came in contact with a guy who was living in Mbanza Lemba (Kinshasa). That guy was giving also animations to Apocalyps and other atalaku's. The same guy selling generics to atalaku's made at home and the brain behind the generic of Mayi Ya Sika, Danger de Mort, Sous Sol, etc. I think that wouldn't give him a chance, because Celeo was still there. They would do the same thing which they did to his friend Camboge, from who Kakol was using his creations in alot of generics (Malewa partition is an example).

Franco Pepe Kalle #11 on: May 08, 2018, 04:44

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

When did Bridade leave Koffi for the 1st round meaning before his return?

SYMPLICITY #12 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22

• View Profile

Would you happen to know when this album is gonna be out? I cant wait for Mayase's song. And does J33 and Lindalala have songs? They are some of my favourites vocally!!Finally archos, from your inside scoop, are we going to have real rhumbas in the style of Silivi or Washington or Mokuwa, Bambino or Airways? Because these rhumbas since BEK are not getting me anymore. They are just not the Koffi sound I knew him for till Monde Arabe

mvulusi96 #13 on: May 08, 2018, 14:25

@mvulusi96

When did Bridade leave Koffi for the 1st round meaning before his return?

in 2003 when Koffi went to Europe without him to record Monde Arabe

Cavalier Solitaire #14 on: May 08, 2018, 14:30

• View Profile

You mean he went to re-sell his old car to Koffi?