Author Topic: SEGUIN MIGNON MANIATA DRUMMING  (Read 1374 times)

shamala on: November 24, 2023, 18:10

• View Profile
I don't know how to rate drumming.

PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

shamala #1 on: November 24, 2023, 18:14

• View Profile

shamala #2 on: November 24, 2023, 18:48

• View Profile

Matebu #3 on: November 24, 2023, 18:51

• View Profile
Ah, the slowest drummer in the world - bo fungola matoyi boyoka  ;D

CM PRINCE #4 on: November 24, 2023, 18:59

• View Profile

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #5 on: November 24, 2023, 19:15

• View Profile
How is he the main drummer? This guy has deprived us some good music at BCBG, too average

archos #6 on: November 26, 2023, 23:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
seguin's left hand which is his strongest seems to have lost quite some power(he was not even already the most powerful even in top form) since the stroke

Manzambi94 #7 on: November 26, 2023, 23:43

• View Profile
How is he the main drummer? This guy has deprived us some good music at BCBG, too average
He rarely plays concert is usually the other Drummer Blaise who plays and Seguin usually plays on albums and very big concert but for the rest he lets Blaise play

Jdog #8 on: December 01, 2023, 19:30

• View Profile

Yeah from this clip his drumming is amateurish but I don't think he's a bad drummer. 
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Wenge1995 #9 on: December 03, 2023, 05:30

• View Profile
seguin's left hand which is his strongest seems to have lost quite some power(he was not even already the most powerful even in top form) since the stroke

Are you talking about that incident where he suffered a medical emergency while taking a nap? His band mates had to rush him to the hospital. I thought he had a mild heart attack, I had no idea it was a stroke. My goodness, isn't he young?

shamala #10 on: December 03, 2023, 06:58

• View Profile

From the clip anyone with the technical analysis, please?
What is he doing wrong or right?

archos #11 on: December 03, 2023, 11:51

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
in simple words his coordination has always for the past 10 plus years been deemed too slow,people say that unlike most drummers he cant play with his feet hitting correctly both drum pedals at the same time so it makes his play "uncomplete" compared to others
and he is also criticized for not having stamina to start and end sebene on same tempo,which is probably due already from his hand technique of recent years which somebody in comments one of his old videos of years ago described as "like an old man climbing stairs step by step" instead of coordinated "dominating" play like most other drummers
i also believe his stroke affected his play since he is left handed and the stroke weakened his left side,so with the way he plays he looks awkward when he has to play a bit fast
and i believe also his body language and his posture has often gone against him,people like to have the impression that the drummer is in complete control of his area while he gives the impression that instead of setting the tone for other instrumentists to play he just goes through the motion
if you want to have an idea of what i mean look at titina in the legendary zenith,,even confidently dancing while playing drums strong,then look at how seguin just looks "lazy" body language wise and tries to keep it as basic as possible
kakol is the reference of drumming in drc now,because of how dominating and intimidating he is on drums and how he spices up his play while seguin after starting brightly when younger now plays something most of us can do with some training,and no wonder why he is one of the best in playing rumba which is totally at his pace,nobody ever criticizes him on rumba but on sebene,for more than 10 years now a lot of people say the instrumentists are too fast for him there was even a period where people were saying sunda bass was the real drummer of bcbg because he upped his bass sound to cover seguin's lack of power
haha mbokaliya used to roast him hard for that issue that he could not "dominate" the other instruments like it should be
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 16:59 by archos »

Wenge1995 #12 on: December 03, 2023, 15:14

• View Profile
in simple words his coordination has always for the past 10 plus years been deemed too slow,people say that unlike most drummers he cant play with his feet hitting correctly both drum pedals at the same time so it makes his play "uncomplete" compared to others
and he is also criticized for not having stamina to start and end sebene on same tempo,which is probably due already from his hand technique of recent years which somebody in comments one of his old videos of years ago described as "like an old man climbing stairs step by step" instead of coordinated "dominating" play like most other drummers
i also believe his stroke affected his play since he is left handed and the stroke weakened his left side,so with the way he plays he looks awkward when he has to play a bit fast
and i believe also his body language and his posture has often gone against him,people like to have the impression that the drummer is in complete control of his area while he gives the impression that instead of setting the tone for other instrumentists to play he just goes through the motion
if you want to have an idea of what i mean look at titina in the legendary zenith,,even confidently dancing while playing drums strong,then look at how seguin just looks "lazy" body language wise and tries to keep it as basic as possible
kakol is the reference of drumming in drc now,because of how dominating and intimidating he is on drums and how he spices up his play while seguin after starting brightly when younger now plays something most of us can do with some training,and no wonder why he is one of the best in playing rumba which is totally at his pace,nobody ever criticizes him on rumba but on sebene,for more than 10 years now a lot of people say the instrumentists are too fast for him there was even a period where people were saying sunda bass was the real drummer of bcbg because he upped his bad sound to cover seguin's lack of power
haha mbokaliya used to roast him hard for that issue that he could not "dominate" the other instruments like it should be

People forget that Seguin was a very good student of Titina, remember Bercy of 2001 with the double drum set up? I remember he really impressed opening songs for Wenge BCBG concert in Abidjan in 1998.

What year would you say the quality of his drumming became noticeably weak?

shamala #13 on: December 03, 2023, 16:24

• View Profile
kakol is the reference of drumming in drc now,because of how dominating and intimidating he is on drums and how he spices up his play while seguin after starting brightly when younger now plays something most of us can do with some training,and no wonder why he is one of the best in playing rumba which is totally at his pace,nobody ever criticizes him on rumba but on sebene,for more than 10 years now a lot of people say the instrumentists are too fast for him there was even a period where people were saying sunda bass was the real drummer of bcbg because he upped his bad sound to cover seguin's lack of power

Schooled!!!!!!

archos #14 on: December 03, 2023, 17:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

People forget that Seguin was a very good student of Titina, remember Bercy of 2001 with the double drum set up? I remember he really impressed opening songs for Wenge BCBG concert in Abidjan in 1998.

What year would you say the quality of his drumming became noticeably weak?

from 2012 2013 i would say and later his stroke made it worse he also stopped completely working on the fitness side of drumming ,its like in football when players neglect the running physiotherapy cardio and all that only wanting to play with the ball,at some point it will catch you hard
if you look at most the drummers of the big groups now only him and a little bit francesco of villanova are a bit on the relaxed chubby with belly mode,the rest are for most very fit guys and it shows
somebody like cambodge used to train strength by playing with piles of bricks on his thighs to boost his kicking of pedals