Author Topic: Forum outage  (Read 5250 times)

bencuri on: September 04, 2021, 06:03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!

The forum had a technical error and had to be put on a break. Now things are reinstated and the board is reopened, but further maintenance breaks can be expected in the near future. Some data was lost, the posts from the 27th of August were deleted, so if you don't find  topics from that point, don't be surprised. People who registered after the 26th of August will need to register again.

If you experience any errors, please report it in this topic.

Cheers,
The admins

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #1 on: September 04, 2021, 06:35

• View Profile
Well done and thank you for working on this forum to bring it back as quickly as you did. This is by far the most thankless job you do but for the love of African music you provide this forum to us free if charge. I want to take time to thank you for all the hard work you do behind the scenes and perhaps you can put a link somewhere so that we can send you some donations or beer tokens via PayPal or something.

Thank you very much for your service to the African music lovers. We appreciate you and everything you do for us. Thank you and the rest of the administration team.

bencuri #2 on: September 04, 2021, 07:09

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the encouragement and recognition of the work we put into this forum! We are doing our best to keep this forum running and provide a place for you and us, Congolese music lovers, that is our mission.

Donations can be a good idea, and there can be occasions when due to the cost of some neccesary upgrade we may launch such a campaign, but at the moment I am fine with how it is, the advertisements can cover such costs. I am doing the maintenace here as a passion for Congolese music. But thank you for your offer anyway, I appreciate it very much!

CM PRINCE #3 on: September 04, 2021, 09:06

• View Profile
Wooo this was the longest week ever, I was scared it got shut down permanently like Vibes d’Afrique. I’m glad it’s back, best forum on the internet.

archos #4 on: September 04, 2021, 12:29

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
still feels kinda unreal that its back first two days i thought i got blocked or something like that and i kept wondering if i said or did something without realising loool
massive credit to you guys for your hardwork and dedication

Mopao195 #5 on: September 04, 2021, 13:09

• MM
    • View Profile
Salute to the mods,  we are back !!!

jeantwatwa #6 on: September 04, 2021, 14:07

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

The forum had a technical error and had to be put on a break. Now things are reinstated and the board is reopened, but further maintenance breaks can be expected in the near future. Some data was lost, the posts from the 27th of August were deleted, so if you don't find  topics from that point, don't be surprised. People who registered after the 26th of August will need to register again.

Cheers,
The admins

Well done, the hardworking behind the scenes is appreciated.

Manzambi94 #7 on: September 04, 2021, 16:04

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

Cheers,
The admins

Guys can we make a WhatsApp Group? So whatever goes in the forum we will have a solid back up?

Matebu #8 on: September 04, 2021, 16:13

• View Profile
Wow - we are back. I was very afraid of an VIbes D’afrique situation. This forum is such a part of my life - missed you all guys

Matebu #9 on: September 04, 2021, 16:13

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

Cheers,
The admins

Guys can we make a WhatsApp Group? So whatever goes in the forum we will have a solid back up?

Yes please

Manzambi94 #10 on: September 04, 2021, 16:17

• View Profile
Ok. I will do you all asking for your number. Let me create the group

Matebu #11 on: September 04, 2021, 16:19

• View Profile
Wooo this was the longest week ever, I was scared it got shut down permanently like Vibes d’Afrique. I’m glad it’s back, best forum on the internet.

You read my mind. That was very brutal back in the day, as we lost a wealth of friends/contributors to that site and Congo2000. We went 3 years or so before we reconnected in 2013

BienMat23 #12 on: September 04, 2021, 16:35

• View Profile
Thanks so much for your work to maintain and bring the forum back to full use

SLK97 #13 on: September 04, 2021, 16:58

• View Profile
When I saw that the forum went down, I was actually worried that I lost everything. Life just wasn't the same without this place. Thanks for everything, mods and admins.

SLK97 #14 on: September 04, 2021, 16:59

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

Cheers,
The admins

That's a great idea. A tight-knit community should always keep in touch with each other.