Author Topic: Wenge BCBG - Live in Abidjan (New Year Eve 1999)  (Read 4491 times)

Mfumu Vata on: April 25, 2021, 13:20

• View Profile

Performing at the mythic Palais des Congres of Hotel Ivoire
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 13:30 by Mfumu Vata »

CM PRINCE #1 on: April 25, 2021, 14:17

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 25, 2021, 14:41

• View Profile
Sad that there weren't more concerts of Wenge BCBG with this team after Titanic

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 25, 2021, 14:52

• View Profile
I'm waiting for "Petit na nga moko Kanaka Toki" to say oyo eza Wenge te and other stuff kiekiekie and him discusing with Tanaka Toki with more than 40 comments

CM PRINCE #4 on: April 25, 2021, 15:02

• View Profile
Sad that there weren't more concerts of Wenge BCBG with this team after Titanic
You took the words right out my mouth. This team will always remain the best bcbg team, after this we ended up with that faux team as start ups. Aimelia was right back then with what he was saying about Kibens, Rio and Chai.

Sydo #5 on: April 25, 2021, 16:53

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I'm waiting for "Petit na nga moko Kanaka Toki" to say oyo eza Wenge te and other stuff kiekiekie and him discusing with Tanaka Toki with more than 40 comments

He finally said that this is the sound of Wenge lol. Na kamwe
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mfumu Vata #6 on: April 25, 2021, 19:34

• View Profile
The way how Makaba played the sebene of Proces Mambika and Barakuda. His sebenes were always sounding better when performing live with his steinberger guitar. I noticed that his way of playing sebene after 1994 is totally different from that of before.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 19:45 by Mfumu Vata »

Bohemian Rhapsody #7 on: April 28, 2021, 04:20

• View Profile
Thanks!!! I'll check this out...

archos #8 on: May 09, 2021, 22:34

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
mbuta kiss with some nice dance moves hahahaha y

Mfumu Vata #9 on: May 10, 2021, 00:28

• View Profile
Before Zenith, he didn't like the dancers of BCBG. I saw them as rude with their dances when comparing to those of Quartier Latin, Nouvelle Ecriture and other bands. Now after looking years later back on it, it's nothing compared to what he see dancers dancing today on stage. If I remember, 2003 wasn't only a turning-point in politics, concerts, but also on the sale of VHS/DVD's. Because if I remember well some men who used to buy videotapes of concerts used to complain in those public meetings at Matonge where they were interviewed, saying that they wouldn't buy it anymore because of the dances dancers started to dance in concerts.

For example, Tantine of Wenge Maison Mere fucking everything on stage and all mics falling down (I don't believe that she was 18 at that time), Anya Star in BCBG slowing her slip or sometimes acting like she was giving blowjobs, Chouchou Mbayo, Sandralina, etc. But that wasn't even worse as today.

Mfumu Vata #10 on: May 10, 2021, 00:40

• View Profile
The public was really calm when they sung Filandu, like they didn't knew the song or them hearing it for the first time. Looks like there was a total disconnection with Ivory Coast and Wenge 4x4 after Kalayi Boeing until Feux de l'Amour.  Also I noticed that JB Mpiana often used to perform Danico when touring in Africa. Was it on the request of the tour-promoters or is Danico just JB Mpiana's favorite most song made in Wenge 4X4 ?

Kizito #11 on: May 10, 2021, 15:41

• View Profile
Mboka Liya is the most underrated soloist of the golden generation of Wenge

Mfumu Vata #12 on: May 11, 2021, 01:10

• View Profile

I don't think so. He gets alot respect sometimes even more than Makaba by the generation of today due to his little contribution in Maison Mere and Zenith 1999 of JB Mpiana, youngsters trying to replicate his solo's. Btw this concert he didn't lead play much, here he played mostly rhythm to play lead only towards the end of the concert during Titanic.

The one who's the most underrated solist is Maitre Fi-Carre Mwamba. He played hits like Kalayi Boeing, Pentagone-generique, La Verite, Masampu (who's sebene became the intro of Wenge during concerts of 1994 until 1996), Cresois, Danico, Filandu, Walay Danico and many others. But doesn't get the credits he deserve.

BienMat23 #13 on: May 11, 2021, 01:40

• View Profile

I don't think so. He gets alot respect sometimes even more than Makaba by the generation of today due to his little contribution in Maison Mere and Zenith 1999 of JB Mpiana, youngsters trying to replicate his solo's. Btw this concert he didn't lead play much, here he played mostly rhythm to play lead only towards the end of the concert during Titanic.

The one who's the most underrated solist is Maitre Fi-Carre Mwamba. He played hits like Kalayi Boeing, Pentagone-generique, La Verite, Masampu (who's sebene became the intro of Wenge during concerts of 1994 until 1996), Cresois, Danico, Filandu, Walay Danico and many others. But doesn't get the credits he deserve.
I agree with you but I think it’s because sometimes people get confused on who has played which songs and which partitions so they forget about Him

Wenge1995 #14 on: May 11, 2021, 02:09

• View Profile

I suspect him being camera shy is partly to blame as to why he's not as well known. Where is he these days?