Author Topic: Do you think a Wenge Maison Mère reunion will fill U Arena?  (Read 4117 times)

Paysan Congolais on: September 03, 2020, 10:18

• View Profile
I think outside of Koffi (it seems like he's about to do it), that reunion, like they are doing for the album, is the only set up able to reach the 31 000 seats set up Koffi is using.

What do you think?

Also, I think Ferre, Werra, or JB can take Zenith at full capacity, but nothing higher.

CM PRINCE #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:18

• View Profile
That’s a good question.... but I think we’ll have to wait and see how Koffi does before we can ask if a MM reunion will fill it, or even a Wenge 4x4 reunion. But honestly I don’t think a reunion would fill U Arena, Zenith & Olympia yes but not U Arena.
I don’t think Ferre will fill Zenith to a full capacity cause last time he didn’t but who knows times have changed and Especially Jb I definitely don’t think he’ll fill Zenith.

Mukulu #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29

• View Profile
already fally cannot fill Bercy without invitations and at maximum capacity ... so for Koffi it will be hard unless the invitations increase as for the concert of fally ... for me, werra ferré and Jb, they can fill a Zenith but  not in maximum capacity ... especially at the moment with the covid and the combattant ... it's hard for Congolese music ... on the other hand artists like fabregas robinio etc, mpiaka assuré

Manzambi94 #3 on: September 03, 2020, 11:40

• View Profile
I think outside of Koffi (it seems like he's about to do it), that reunion, like they are doing for the album, is the only set up able to reach the 31 000 seats set up Koffi is using.

What do you think?

Also, I think Ferre, Werra, or JB can take Zenith at full capacity, but nothing higher.

No, youngdters care more about Fally and trrn care more about Innoss all of the persons who made Wenge Maison Mere popular including myself have moved on in life and don't give music a preferential space anymore. They could fill half but not all of it

CM PRINCE #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:43

• View Profile
already fally cannot fill Bercy without invitations and at maximum capacity ... so for Koffi it will be hard unless the invitations increase as for the concert of fally ... for me, werra ferré and Jb, they can fill a Zenith but  not in maximum capacity ... especially at the moment with the covid and the combattant ... it's hard for Congolese music ... on the other hand artists like fabregas robinio etc, mpiaka assuré
But Fally already filled it by himself and the concert was sold out and those invitations you’re talking about were Robinio and Gaz Mawete, you really think people went to Bercy to see them?

archos #5 on: September 03, 2020, 12:01

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
filling certain halls depends on configuration,especially bercy and u arena they are often the most  modified
so they can fill what their producer have bought but can they really sell out the whole thing thats is another question
the numbers shown by actu du net some time ago show that none did a 100 per cent be it in configuration or in full format
koffi targets 31K out of the 42K u arena has
about your question brother potentially yes,but i have got a feeling that people have lost some taste for concerts,its not as automatic as in the past,even in kin ,which is why we were convinced that most concert of the past were super full,there was a dynamic completely different from now
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:04 by archos »

Mukulu #6 on: September 03, 2020, 12:22

• View Profile
But Fally already filled it by himself and the concert was sold out and those invitations you’re talking about were Robinio and Gaz Mawete, you really think people went to Bercy to see them?

excuse me, my English is bad, I meant free tickets, and it does not only affect Congolese music ... even in rap it's like that, ninho, booba, etc ... honestly the one who filled  Bercy without problems it's Drake

Paysan Congolais #7 on: September 03, 2020, 13:10

• View Profile

I see.

But in my scenario I don't include Covid.

Is Koffi using a lot of invitations to fill it?

Paysan Congolais #8 on: September 03, 2020, 13:14

• View Profile

What do you think?

No, youngdters care more about Fally and trrn care more about Innoss all of the persons who made Wenge Maison Mere popular including myself have moved on in life and don't give music a preferential space anymore. They could fill half but not all of it

I had the same debate with a friend. He said the same thing you're saying.

It's true that a lot of us has passed that stage of going to every concerts. But is it a valid argument for a comeback show? Don't you think nostalgia plays a big role?

I mean Kassav and Rolling Stones fill arenas and stadiums decades after their peak and the audience is mostly composed of old people that do not usually go to concerts.

A tour will be a flop. But a one time concert?

I think the nostalgia/last time/last chance to see them live will play a big role.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 13:15 by Paysan Congolais »

Paysan Congolais #9 on: September 03, 2020, 13:18

• View Profile
filling certain halls depends on configuration,especially bercy and u arena they are often the most  modified
so they can fill what their producer have bought but can they really sell out the whole thing thats is another question
the numbers shown by actu du net some time ago show that none did a 100 per cent be it in configuration or in full format
about your question brother potentially yes,but i have got a feeling that people have lost some taste for concerts,its not as automatic as in the past,even in kin ,which is why we were convinced that most concert of the past were super full,there was a dynamic completely different from now

ok.

I don't know if Actu du net infos are legit but in his last video, he said that Koffi already sold 22K.

CM PRINCE #10 on: September 03, 2020, 13:38

• View Profile

ok.

I don't know if Actu du net infos are legit but in his last video, he said that Koffi already sold 22K.
Paysan are you gonna go?

archos #11 on: September 03, 2020, 13:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
congolese public is very complicated bro,who could have imagined the werra jb reunion at grand hotel would be seen as a flop by people and would not lead to an automatic  hyper full martys just after
even the project of ferre,if we are totally honest,logically it would be THE NUMBER 1 NEWS in the whole country,but its not the case  at all people are still discussing more "oh koffi praised innoss b so he is jealous of fally success","ngoy kasanji daughter this and that"
"mukuna is free he won "... mind you even the atrocious things in kivu is at best the 20th topic  people discuss
i have personnally checked too via a cousin who works in la defense it has gone to 23K and like 10 more people something like that

Paysan Congolais #12 on: September 03, 2020, 13:47

• View Profile
ok.
Paysan are you gonna go?
Koffi's concert?

It depends on the line up. If the 1st gen QL. But if it's just Koffi or him and his new boys, nope.

I'm waiting to know about the line-up. 

What about you?

CM PRINCE #13 on: September 03, 2020, 14:32

• View Profile
ok.
Paysan are you gonna go?
Koffi's concert?

It depends on the line up. If the 1st gen QL. But if it's just Koffi or him and his new boys, nope.

I'm waiting to know about the line-up. 

What about you?
Same as you, but I think he’s gonna do a mix of the kin team and the Europe based musicians, since he’s been rehearsing with them. If he leaves Cindy behind then for sure I’ll go.