Author Topic: Does Fally belongs in the top 5 greatest RDC artists?  (Read 3495 times)

congo-243 on: May 01, 2021, 20:39

• View Profile
I'm seeing shouts of him belonging in it on Twitter. Agree or disagree?

CM PRINCE #1 on: May 01, 2021, 20:50

• View Profile

Captain #2 on: May 01, 2021, 20:58

• View Profile
Give him a few more years and he is definitely one, now it's debatable

congo-243 #3 on: May 01, 2021, 21:04

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #4 on: May 01, 2021, 21:06

• View Profile
Because there’s still Franco, Tabu Ley, Koffi, Kester, Papa Wemba push them aside there’s also Werra, Jb, Josky, Madilu, Nyoka Longo.

If we’re talking of the last 10/15 years yes he belongs up there, or if we’re talking of the 5th Generation that’s not even debatable. But overall?? Naa I don’t think so, but we’ve also gotta give him credit he’s done massive stuff, especially since the 5th generation have suffered from the Europe ban for most of their solo careers.

Captain #5 on: May 01, 2021, 21:10

• View Profile
what is "greatest" based on tho ? if it's impact on the music scene, then he's top 7-8 for sure

congo-243 #6 on: May 01, 2021, 21:11

• View Profile
Because there’s still Franco, Tabu Ley, Koffi, Kester, Papa Wemba push them aside there’s also Werra, Jb, Josky, Madilu, Nyoka Longo.

If we’re talking of the last 10/15 years yes he belongs up there, or if we’re talking of the 5th Generation that’s not even debatable. But overall?? Naa I don’t think so, but we’ve also gotta give him credit he’s done massive stuff, especially since the 5th generation have suffered from the Europe ban for most of their solo careers.
I agree with your entire statement especially on the 5th generation part he's the number for Idk how long. I'm being attacked for being the purest by not mentioning him lol

Mopao195 #7 on: May 01, 2021, 21:25

• MM
    • View Profile
he doesn't have a classic album yet but if he goes back to his roots (Droit Chemin) instead of this afro-pop non-sense he definitely be on his way fo sho

Captain #8 on: May 01, 2021, 21:33

• View Profile
how is it non-sense..? that's what makes him be on a higher international level than any artist we've known. he's one of the biggest french-speaking African artists he did something different and it worked out pretty well for him. imo he shouldn't be hated on for making Tokooos

archos #9 on: May 01, 2021, 21:38

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
guys who are attacked over argueing on fally's position in all timeof congolese music,there are quite some of his fans who see him as the all time best based on what he achieved with the assets he's had in his time so they wont understand  any other point of view
for me this whole best of all time thing is like in football,messi and ronaldo weigh 11 ballons d'or but they can never erase maradona pele as theabsolute OGs,zidane ronaldo cruyff and co as giants among the greats,ronaldinho as probably the best combination ever of skill flair speed and power...same goes for our music there has been way too many giants to pick unanimously one, and bythe way more modern artists(and footballers)appear to make hella records but which at the same time seem promised to be "threatened" quick,as the next generation always seems to benefit even better context,just look at the views thing,if DRC was on track with some other countries we'd have totally nailed that challenge and fully entered the streaming ones and when i mean enter i mean that our artists would bedoing millions of streams for fun
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 21:45 by archos »

CM PRINCE #10 on: May 01, 2021, 21:39

• View Profile
he doesn't have a classic album yet but if he goes back to his roots (Droit Chemin) instead of this afro-pop non-sense he definitely be on his way fo sho
Droit Chemin is a classic though. It’s one of those albums that changed a lot, people always refer to it as a classic.

BienMat23 #11 on: May 01, 2021, 22:24

• View Profile
In my opinion greatest is a combination of quality, impact and achievement, continental/global audience or reach, and also the timeless hits they have. Based on these factors all combined fally is probably top 5. Quality wise I’d put the likes of King kester and werra above but using these factors of greatness it becomes a lot more debatable.

Bigbang10 #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:48

• View Profile
Ofc he does is that even a question. Fally has broken all the records if not all of some of the so called greatest Congolese artist of all time. his discography might not be sufficient but his popularity, album sales, tours, shows, music, money, collaborations, breaking Spotify and iTunes records when compared to Congolese music scene he is next level.

he is also i believe the first Congolese artist to have single d'or and disc d'or because Tokooose just went disc d'or

to me personally the only person who come close to Koffi in Congolese music is Fally and he is still young and only been in the game solo now 15yrs and he is already a legend in African music scene

Franco Pepe Kalle #13 on: May 02, 2021, 18:31

• View Profile
I would say top 20. Top 5, sadly not. Fally has done some good music but it is not too great to say at least.