Author Topic: WAS SOUS-SOL A SUCCESS FOR THE BASSLINE?  (Read 1372 times)

Manzambi94 on: April 24, 2022, 09:24

• View Profile
A lot of people claim that Sous-Sol success was due to Celelo ozo Lia 3 point and to the new style Kapaya used to play but in reality I think that one of the biggest "innovation" in Wenge (just in Maison Mere because I think other groups were playing like that already) was that finally Kapaya let the bassline play for his own without forcing the bass to he just an accompanying for the guitar

With sometimes the bass even taking the lead and the first guitar solo not even heard like in the begginning before the "Susukanwanga Masa wantolo kuzuli wasambila Nzambi"

I think that was a major contributor to the song success because I remember even when I was little that song was different, like it had a different vibe it was Maison Mere but not really Maison Mere, while Ça Sonne was seeming almost like a Chinese generique made with Congolese instruments Sous Sol seemed like every instrument played his own melody but fitted
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:25 by Manzambi94 »

princesab #1 on: April 26, 2022, 08:03

• View Profile
The arrangement was Different Here and Alot Contributed.

The drum kits, Guitar Mix, basses, Synth and General Arrangement.

Even the Final Mix and Mastering.

i always wanted to see the making of this song and know which studio did this wonderful masterpiece.

Imagine fi we had these most recent songs with such power.

PCGY KASTELLO #2 on: April 27, 2022, 14:51

• View Profile
Definitely no atalaku matches Celeo's consistency in Sous -Sol. His cries were on point with Kapaya's licks. Nothing new, Kapaya was doing his Kapaya things. Simply WMMM's greatest ever soloist by far. Legend.
=============================
WMMM TILL THE END OF TIME !!!

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #3 on: April 27, 2022, 18:26

• View Profile
I personally think Sous Sol was dominated by Brigade ont he atalakus department

Manzambi94 #4 on: April 28, 2022, 12:06

• View Profile
I agree with Princess all the isntrumentalist played in a great way and even the Atalakus were Top notch
Comparing Atalakus to Footballers
Roi David was the aging star that after the breakout season had a good sophomore season and now wants to show the haters that he still that guy.

Celeo is the Legend who is in the club since ages and it is the captain who doesn't like Brigade because he understand that the team wants to replace him but he will make it hard in the club.

Brigade is that shining star who just came to the club after a successful run in a Bigger club but that wants to win with this one and he is ready to dethrone the captain already

Prince is that silent who has a great technique but sacrifices for the good of the other stars player, Kene Kene was the guy tooken to replace a star that left but that after a great success needs to leave space for other players despite being extra talented.

With that said I liked Brigade more as an Atalaku but Celeo also had some great cries, togheter they really did a great mix tbh

princesab #5 on: April 28, 2022, 12:15

• View Profile
Brigade is that shining star who just came to the club after a successful run in a Bigger club but that wants to win with this one and he is ready to dethrone the captain already

With that said I liked Brigade more as an Atalaku but Celeo also had some great cries, togheter they really did a great mix tbh

This was the First Time I Enjoy Brigade's Voice as an Atalaku.

With QL - I always felt they did not give him that Freedom.