Author Topic: ANYBODY INTERESTED IN MY REVIEW OF NEW ZAIKO ALBUM  (Read 3578 times)

archos on: October 28, 2019, 16:19

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I have been listening a lot these days to zaiko's album seve and i was thinking about a review  but would some like to hear my view on that album?

CM PRINCE #1 on: October 28, 2019, 16:33

• View Profile
You already know the answer masta... do it  ;D

Franco Pepe Kalle #2 on: October 28, 2019, 16:35

• View Profile
oh yes Archos. You need to give your review right now. It is very important.

Longbluesquid #3 on: October 28, 2019, 19:38

• View Profile
Absolutely. I wrote one for a class project.

Congolitude #4 on: October 28, 2019, 19:38

• View Profile
Yess bro, it will surely encourage me to hear this album

masantula #5 on: October 28, 2019, 21:54

• View Profile
Team BCBG "the machine of music"

archos #6 on: October 29, 2019, 16:22

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
MY REVIEW OF ALBUM SEVE BY ZAIKO LANGA LANGA AND JOSSART NYOKA LONGO

1 systeme ya benda a generique starting like a song with the main topic being jealousy in our society and how whoever is in a higher position having it hard to accept the one behind rising,then sebene
but in a slower tempo more adapted to the 66 years old man nyoka longo is now a 7,5 or 8/10 for me,just because i found it lacked a top animation like vimba or mama siska
2 angela,a reworked version of a song jules kibens gave zaiko 30 years ago which was destined to his twin sister,a rhumba purely for mature audience,with the old school ways of seducing a woman and some semi-mystical poetry
10/10 for me,well arranged,well executed
3 ayessa ngwasuma,a song done for brazzaville donor firmin ayessa and in folk from congo brazza ending with trademark zaiko ngwasuma(sebene) 7,5/10
4 alita wanyi,a song for legendary donor alita tshamala,where the group sings as alita's wife,starts from a rumba grows into a chorus and a vocal from lola muana then animation from the three atalakus the legend doudou adoula,alino biongo and newly recruite dejeannot nsangu 8/10
5 classement sans suite,a mutuashi folk song slightly mixed with rumba done in tshiluba/kisonge by lola muana and female backing vocals 9/10 proper tuning of instruments and arrangement
6 lutonzol,yet another "sebene song" starting with a rumba beginning then a transition clearly announcing the switch to a sebene song tempo followed by chorus and vocals by ex quartier latin singer edo dollar,vaugerard,lola muana and serge kanza,an explosive sebene,an overall arrangement kinda reminiscent of alain makaba 9/10 for me,an absolute joy to listen to in earphones when on the way to work not fully motivated lol
7 sielemuka folk,like title indicates its a folk song,and more exactly a kintueni song done in kikongo and dominated by new member dejeannot nsangu,one of my least favorites of album 6.5/10
also for those who pay attention,he is doing there an old traditional animation which some people believe have be transformed into the "twerk" in USA
8 ambiance eyenga,the actual generique of the album,with the particularity of having nyoka longo leading it for all the song,with focus on eyenga which is supposed to be the main animation of album,and in an unsual concept of him telling various stories about eyenga which slow down the tempo and then most of the rest heavily influenced traditional kongo tribe music,and kintuadi church music
a strange song for me,sometimes i feel like skipping it fast sometimes i enjoy it so much i'd say 7 or 7.5/10 for that explosive start reminiscent of the legendary generiques of early 2000's
9 bilan negatif,starts with glimpses of latin music then evolves into rumba chorus with ya jossart singing in between then a transition with rock guitar to introduce second part of the song still with chorus then trademark explosive ngwasuma lead by alino biongo,with a bit of flavor of legendary album avis de recherche another 10/10 for me
10 Sielumuka ngwasuma,title says it all carbon copy of sielumuka folk but with this time sebene lead by solo guitarist augusto liyanza 7,5/10
11 amour pluriel,yet another rumba with a lot of maturity in lyrics and arrangement,with vocals by vaugerard and edo dollar,then an evolution into a rhythm reminiscent of los nickelos,with cuban influence and keyboards playing horns and lead guitar 9/10
12 juventus,same are amour pluriel,old school rumba with lyrics about a love affaire started in childhood,a well arranged song done by nyoka longo on his own,and a second part done in cuban salsa rhythm 9/10
13 ayessa folk,pretty simple,the song for ayessa without the sebene and a longer folk part,7,5/10
14 boh africa,a reworked version of succesful generique boh but with a less aggresive sound and inclusion of new animation,sounds like a song done just to be promoted on channels outside DRC as recent releases of zaiko were not promoted abroad properly 8/10

archos #7 on: October 30, 2019, 15:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Congolitude #8 on: October 30, 2019, 18:05

• View Profile
Good review bro thanks, I will listen this album and give my opinion. On the forum, we should do more review when one or many albums come out